Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KanishkGandharv

Samsung Axiom JellyBean Data Solution

Download the following files

http://www.mediafire.com/?i8ae6c15mg2g5cs (pass: kanishk@9093)

http://www.mediafire.com/?t7e6z28tx62a2ur

Put phone in download mode and flash first file (axiom_magic.tar.md5) via Odin in PDA tab. After reboot copy the rest of the 2 files (1.img and 2.img from AXIOM_2 folder) to the phone's storage and not in memory card. Do not rename any of the file to avoid unwanted political/nuclear wars. Your phone needs to be on 4.1.2 update already.

Now enable USB debugging in your phone, type *#22745927 and enable hidden menu (hidden menu should work after flashing odin package). Open dialer again and type **87284 -> Qualcomm USB Settings-> DM+MODEM+ADB->Ok

Root the phone with Motochopper, dont forget to hit the thanks button to the OP.

After successfully rooting the phone, head to your adb directory via Command Prompt.

C:\cd adb
C:\adb\adb.exe shell
shell@android:/ $

Type su and gain superuser permissions.

shell@android:/ $ su
su
shell@android:/ #

Now copy and paste the below commands one-by-one while in adb shell and press enter,

dd if=/sdcard/1.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12
dd if=/sdcard/2.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13

Reboot phone and enjoy

Edited by KanishkGandharv
  • Like 9

Topic OP may clarify whether this is meant for enabling DATA through OMH SIM?

Topic OP may clarify whether this is meant for enabling DATA through OMH SIM?

I strongly believe that's an yes.

1. As per this Link hidden menu does not work on JB, so can you confirm that your process works on JB?

2. Can we delete the 1.img and 2.img from phone once done with the "dd" commands?

Thanks for the efforts.

-Nishant

Edited by nishsuxx

it works on my axiom currently at 4.1.2 update.

Yes you can delete the files once you are done with commands :)

Main post updated as per question asked by nishsuxx, hidden menu will work after flashing file via odin :).

Edited by KanishkGandharv
  • Like 1

Thanks for the post buddy

Radio gets downgraded to LK5 as modem is flashed. Data did'nt seem to work on one Axiom today by this method. Going to try on the second handset.

Data worked after flashed give tar file without root.

But after reboot again do settings from data .

Thanks

Finally can run JB on Axiom, all because of you. Thanks a lot

This is for those, who can't get data working by this method. I was on the same boat, data on my US Cellular Axiom didn't work with this method, even after flashing LK1 modem and RTN reset.

So, here is how I got data working : http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/36407-tutorial-get-data-working-for-samsung-axiom-sch-r830-us-cellular-on-jellybean/

Hi friends,

I was playing with my Axiom to get data working on it, as someone mentioned to perform RTN Reset through ##786# to get data working, I did so with Reliance OMH SIM Card.

Now, the SIM is not capable of making data connection in any phone, I tried with my working S3 but it fails to connect to the internet, it says connecting in the status but then after a while it always appears to be disconnected.

I've checked with every handset, I think something is wrong with OMH SIM.

When I insert SIM into my unlocked CDMA data card, it also won't connect, it just says User name and Password denied by server, I used "net" as user name and password but no luck.

Do you guys know what could be the problem? And, what can be the solution except changing SIM Card?

Thank you for any help.

i have done but showing that while activating data from menu screen : Insert simcard to access network services. but Calls and SMS is working fine

i have done but showing that while activating data from menu screen : Insert simcard to access network services. but Calls and SMS is working fine

Do RTN reset after flashing the modem and then flash the next 2 files

KanishkGandharv

Download the following files

http://www.mediafire.com/?i8ae6c15mg2g5cs (pass: kanishk@9093)

http://www.mediafire.com/?t7e6z28tx62a2ur

Put phone in download mode and flash first file (axiom_magic.tar.md5) via Odin in PDA tab. After reboot copy the rest of the 2 files (1.img and 2.img from AXIOM_2 folder) to the phone's storage and not in memory card. Do not rename any of the file to avoid unwanted political/nuclear wars. Your phone needs to be on 4.1.2 update already.

Now enable USB debugging in your phone, type *#22745927 and enable hidden menu (hidden menu should work after flashing odin package). Open dialer again and type **87284 -> Qualcomm USB Settings-> DM+MODEM+ADB->Ok

Root the phone with Motochopper, dont forget to hit the thanks button to the OP.

After successfully rooting the phone, head to your adb directory via Command Prompt.

C:\cd adb
C:\adb\adb.exe shell
shell@android:/ $

Type su and gain superuser permissions.

shell@android:/ $ su
su
shell@android:/ #

Now copy and paste the below commands one-by-one while in adb shell and press enter,

dd if=/sdcard/1.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12
dd if=/sdcard/2.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13

Reboot phone and enjoy

KanishkGandharv where is two file 1.img or 2.img

Rooting stuck on daemon started successfully.Please help.

ADB Driver installed properly,showing on Device manager,then whats wrong?Any other way?