Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Tushar Gupta

Micromax Doodle 2 (A240) Takes 4 Hours To Charge Completely! is it Normal?

I recently bought micromax doodle and it is a great phone with extreemely good display, battery and touch but one problem I am facing is with charging time of the phone it takes about 4 hours to compleately charge the phone. I want know weather there is someting wrong with my handset or it is normal for this handset as many of my relatives are using canvas 2 and canvas 4 and both the phones get fully charged in 1.5 hours.

the issue is most likely with the charger.

also things vary if you charge the device through usb port of pc/laptop.

or if you attempt charging with other chargers then which came along with your

product as the amp and voltage are different.

• Like 1

bigger the battery capacity , longer it takes to charge and discharge. correct me if iam wrong

you can use any charger for wired charger, but you should match the original amp output ,

Try to Use 2 amp Charger (usually comes with tablet ) , It will charge your battery fast.

61cXn7BkGjL._SL1000_.jpg

Charging Basics

Usually battery charging takes Battery Ampere / Charger Ampere, you have to add some losses to it, so if battery is say 2000 mA and charger is of 1000 mA, then it will take 2 hours to 2.5 hours max. Assuming phone is consuming very little battery while charging.

You charging cable also plays vital role as USB can deliver only 500 mA, hence data cable has current limiting resistors for over current protection (I am talking about data cable, not DATA CUM CHARGING CABLES , which come along with phone like N2 or S3). . Hence if you want to charge battery faster, then you can try using cable which are having higher current capacity.

Those who are interested in testing above, can download galaxy charging current from play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.abmantis.galaxychargingcurrent.free

This works on S3 and NOTE II, try changing cable from same charger and check charging current.

• Like 4

your phone is having 2600 mAh battery, company should have provided 2amp charger,

check if your charger is 2amp, and you are using original charger only.

even you can try 2amp samsung charger for one charge and see the difference is there or not.

Edited by ::Hitesh::

I used many android mobiles and tablets and all of them take approximately 3 hours to charge from 1-2% to 100% even if device is switched off.

I used many android mobiles and tablets and all of them take approximately 3 hours to charge from 1-2% to 100% even if device is switched off.