Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Tushar Gupta

How To Use Rs 16 Whatsapp Pack Without Data Usage By Other Apps?

Is there any way to use whatsapp pack of reliance in android as all apps use data which will lead to deduction of blnc se how to restrict data usage to just whatsapp and facebook as they are only free in rs16 whatsapp pack and i think it is a good pack as it works with 3g speed.

use droid wall (firewall app) or something like that

warranty or monthly bills what you want ?

which mobile and android version ??

• Like 1

warranty or monthly bills what you want ?

which mobile and android version ??

Micromax doodle 2 with andoid 4.2.1 and i had spend 1700 more to get bill of phone so that i can use warranty as it is a micromax product

^ ^ ^

There is an easier way without root or installing any firewall app. Since you have android 4.2, you can do this from the OS itself.
Go to System settings / Tap Data Usage. In the next screen, enable mobile data limit. Put any higher limit then your actual consumption, like 4-5GB.
Come to data usage screen where apps are listed with their mobile data usage. Tap on any app, scroll to the end and enable Restrict background data checkbox. A popup will come up saying "This feature may cause an app that depends on background data to stop working when only mobile networks are available", tap OK.
Repeat the process of restricting background mobile data for any other app desired. Remember the app may still end up using data if you open & run it in foreground and also on WiFi network.
  • Like 4

Micromax doodle 2 with andoid 4.2.1

ye pehele bola hota to thoda aasan sa javab deta.....lol

on android 4.2 you are free to do above steps mention by rajan.

• Like 1

^ ^ ^

There is an easier way without root or installing any firewall app. Since you have android 4.2, you can do this from the OS itself.

Go to System settings / Tap Data Usage. In the next screen, enable mobile data limit. Put any higher limit then your actual consumption, like 4-5GB.

Come to data usage screen where apps are listed with their mobile data usage. Tap on any app, scroll to the end and enable Restrict background data checkbox. A popup will come up saying "This feature may cause an app that depends on background data to stop working when only mobile networks are available", tap OK.

Repeat the process of restricting background mobile data for any other app desired. Remember the app may still end up using data if you open & run it in foreground and also on WiFi network.

Got ot thank you

I have a doubt. Today when I checked My data Manager app for data usage, I found 350MB of usage (mobile data) today at 1pm towards OS Services. I am shocked and would like to know what does that mean?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Today when I checked data usage in Reliance instacare app, I could not find any such usage. Is there any other option to cross check data usage?? :wub:

Today when I checked data usage in Reliance instacare app, I could not find any such usage. Is there any other option to cross check data usage?? :wub:

Mbal sms

I have a doubt. Today when I checked My data Manager app for data usage, I found 350MB of usage (mobile data) today at 1pm towards OS Services. I am shocked and would like to know what does that mean?

Its the first service to connect to data and its req for using data on ur phone
  • Like 1

1. I am having postpaid connection. So SMS mode won't work, no?? If yes, then send SMS to which no?

2. I am using EVDO on my E4GT for almost 1.5 yrs now. So is that applicable to me??

Thank you Hitesh for your response..

1. I am having postpaid connection. So SMS mode won't work, no?? If yes, then send SMS to which no?

2. I am using EVDO on my E4GT for almost 1.5 yrs now. So is that applicable to me??

Sms won't work for postpaid, u can try my service on rcom.co.in
  • Like 1

Sms won't work for postpaid, u can try my service on rcom.co.in

Use instacare app , there you can find your usage report by selecting FROM and TO dates.

• Like 1

Is this supposed to be same as Reliance instacare app?

I registered under my services. But when I add my postpaid number to check data usage , it says number already linked!!!

Activated this pack but around 60rs in main blnc was deducted within seconds and in data usage only whatsapp was shown using data and all other apps were restricted . after zero blnc internet is getting conected for 4-5 sec and then disconnects so even after 0 blnc i am not able to use whatsapp with this pack