Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
drabhayshah76

Which is better Data Technology? - CDMA 1X OR GSM GPRS/Edge

Friends, i want to buy Reliance Netconnect + dongle. I am based in Mumbai but frequently travel to Ganagapur in Karnataka. In Ganagapur there is no 3G or EVDO but you do get 2G on GSM and there is Reliance cdma network.

I assume that Reliance cdma 1x data network would be available there.

As far as my knowledge goes, i have heard that 1x internet is better and reliable than 2g GSM EDGE.

Hence i was of the opinion to go for Reliance Netconnect + dongle as i wold be getting EVDO data in Mumbai and 1x in Ganagapur.

Kindly advise me whether i should go for Netconnect+ dongle or IDEA Netsetter.

Regards,

Dr.Abhay Shah.

Go for Reliance , which is always reliable. 1x speeds are pretty faster than EDGE.

Yes, you are 100% correct,

In mumbai you will get EV and in remote places you will get 1x (if R-CDMA is available)

it will be a good choice .

Friends, i want to buy Reliance Netconnect + dongle. I am based in Mumbai but frequently travel to Ganagapur in Karnataka. In Ganagapur there is no 3G or EVDO but you do get 2G on GSM and there is Reliance cdma network.

As far as my knowledge goes, i have heard that 1x internet is better and reliable than 2g GSM EDGE.

Hence i was of the opinion to go for Reliance Netconnect + dongle as i wold be getting EVDO data in Mumbai and 1x in Ganagapur.

Regards,

Dr.Abhay Shah.

It seems that temple gangapur also covered by tata indicom. So I advice you to buy unlocked CDMA dongle and use tata docomo prepaid CDMA card by charging with rs.95. In Mumbai you will get 3G/EVDO and gangapur 1x. The trick would be use APN/user name as MEID@omh.ttsl.in and password as internet. You can get 4.5 gb data for 95 with validity period of 30 days.
  • Like 2

Have you check 3G from BSNL?

1x service is far better than 2g gsm.

tapped from my ELECTRIFY M

It seems that temple gangapur also covered by tata indicom. So I advice you to buy unlocked CDMA dongle and use tata docomo prepaid CDMA card by charging with rs.95. In Mumbai you will get 3G/EVDO and gangapur 1x. The trick would be use APN/user name as MEID@omh.ttsl.in and password as internet. You can get 4.5 gb data for 95 with validity period of 30 days.

yes ,it is verry nice plan for internet users,you can also use reliance 1.5 gb

Regards,

Dr.Abhay Shah.

No dude, Ganagapur does not have Tata Docomo cdma network. I am a Tata Docomo cdma postpaid subscriber and that is the only reason why i am considering Reliance. Have been there twice in the last 20 days.

Have you check 3G from BSNL?

Is BSNL 3G reliable in terms of data? I have heard that the data connection always gets repeatedly disconnected.

BSNL 3G has the tendency to shift between 3G & 2G. so you need to set your access to HSDPA/WCDMA only and not GSM+WCDMA/HSDPA. Best would be to take a SIM there and test. Since you are in Mumbai, you would get MTNL SIM there. MTNL has full roaming arrangement with BSNL at no extra cost.

If there is no 3G signal, then CDMA 1x is better option.

Edited by commonman

Where can i get an Unlocked cdma EVDO dongle?

Which brand do you all suggest?

And is the process of activating Reliance EVDO on an unlocked dongle easy?

I doubt reliance web world would be of little help as the dongle is not Reliance locked.

Also should i get a new RUIM for data or my existing RUIM can be recharged with a data pack?

And also what about the voice call facility if i use the existing RUIM in the dongle?

Sorry to post so many questions at a time, because i am not aware of all this.

Edited by drabhayshah76

^^^ there are couple of sellers on the forum selling dongles.

If you have smart phone, you can use Wi-Fi teether to access net from laptop using your phone. this way, you don't need any other additional gadget.

I doubt reliance web world would be of little help as the dongle is not Reliance locked.

Also should i get a new RUIM for data or my existing RUIM can be recharged with a data pack?

And also what about the voice call facility if i use the existing RUIM in the dongle?

Sorry to post so many questions at a time, because  i am not aware of  all this.

if u want i have this type Unlock datacard,in which u can use all cdma sim,i have MTS HUAWEI brand,sms function is also available in it.

Now presently EVDO activation on reliance is too easy.

• Like 2

Will suggest go with vahid's data card, you can have multiple options for data like Tata, rim, bsnl, only mts may not work.

• Like 2

hitesh ji MTS omh sim also will work,but never tried with BSNL.

nd thanks

bsnl 1x will work, bsnl evdo will not.. because bsnl uses specially designed prl for evdo, which are not present in these datacards, which are unlockable by firmware flashing & tweaking..

on mobile device...

• Like 1

Sorry to post so many questions at a time, because i am not aware of all this.

if u want i have this type Unlock datacard,in which u can use all cdma sim,i have MTS HUAWEI brand,sms function is also available in it.

Now presently EVDO activation on reliance is too easy.

Finally got the data dongle from Vahid. Very prompt service and a very patient guy, answered all my queries and also helped me in activating the dongle on Reliance EVDO.

I highly recommend Vahid for data cards.

Thank you Vahid.

• Like 2

THANKS for feedback DR. JI. :hypocrite:

Anyday 1x is more stable than edge

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

This also means: EDGE is unstable.

Infact, if you are not in a well covered area, expect your speed to vary anything between few bytes per second to few kilobytes per second with EDGE.

If you are in a well connected area, your download speed will be around 15 kilo bytes per seconds but it will keep fluctuating.

If you are in congestion free well connected area, you speed will be about 20 kilo bytes per second.

This is my experience with Airtel in various states.

This also means: EDGE is unstable.

Infact, if you are not in a well covered area, expect your speed to vary anything between few bytes per second to few kilobytes per second with EDGE.

If you are in a well connected area, your download speed will be around 15 kilo bytes per seconds but it will keep fluctuating.

If you are in congestion free well connected area, you speed will be about 20 kilo bytes per second.

This is my experience with Airtel in various states.

Even me using Airtel on edge but my experience is very bad most of the time it shows E but data doest work

Takes hell lot of time to connect

In today's scenario u will hardly get congestion free network as ever other person is using Internet on mobile

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

these days mobile internet is very popular. gsm 2g is more congested than 1x cdma as cdma users r mostly heavy voice customers or evdo data users. so may be 1x xp is better

Sent from my Dream_D1 using Tapatalk

1x is more stable compare to Edge

but if you ask any GSM user, they will say edge is better , as he never used 1x.

even compare to EV network to 3g gsm, ev users will say ev is better and 3g users will say 3g is better.

here you are not comparing tech to tech, every one have their own views and uses, and every one says , what i am using is best ! (ego)

• Like 1

Hmmm, rightly said Hiteshji.

according to science, the shorter the radio wave, the higher is the penetration power. In India CDMA (both 1x & EV) works on 800 band. Whereas GSM works on 900/1800 band for EDGE and 2100 band for 3G. So inside a building, CDMA would always have higher reach and stability than GSM.

On practical Experience, I conclude my opinion:

In urban area 1x better than EDGE. 3g is equal to EVDO rev.A. If you have assigned higher bandwidth of 7.2 or more on your 3g GSM sim it will be better than EVDO.

In Rural Area though both s**ks. Always 1x and EVDO is much, much better than EDGE and 3g on any State/network.

• Like 1