Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dhirens

Lg Rd6130 Data Cable

Dear All,

I got LG6130 today. I bought Cheetah Data Cable (USB).

I have installed PC SYNC Softwate from lgmobiles for 6130. Only LG Desktop Lite is working for me. When I run LG Link, I am getting error " NO RESPONSE FROM THE PHONE. RE-CHECK THE CONNECTING CONDITION."

I installed RCONNECT from CHEETAH CD for LG7130 ( 6130 option not found but vendor says that it is 7130 for 6130 too ) Installed successfully. I could not install RCONNECT for 6130 which I got from Reliance website.

I can transfer address book to phone and PC. But I can not transfer pictures and ringtones.

Vendor told me that RCONNECT is installed and connection obtained means cable is fine and software of LG PC SYNC has problems.

Please tell me what is to be done now for LG Link to work. I have activated my model by calling to *333.

Please tell me from where I can d/l RCONNECT for 6130 that also comes with drivers for USB for 98 and XP. One I got from RELIANCE WEBSITE is without driver and I have to take driver of 7130 from CD to install RCONNECT for 6130. Therefore I need everything that is ment for 6130 and not for other models.

Please write if you too faced such problem and step by step solution for LG LINK to work.

Thanks.

i'ven't yet tried with any data cable. And this issue has been prevalent with most members using 6130!

i'ven't yet tried with any data cable. And this issue has been prevalent with most members using 6130!

30822[/snapback]

Hi,

I am also using the Cheetah USB cable and its working great for RCOnnect and for LG Desktoplite, however the LG Link software is not working. I am also getting the same problem.

I have discovered that the Cheetah USB Cable is not a true USB cable, it is actaully a Serial cable with a USB interface. The Serial-to-USB converter driver installed for the cable during the installation is 'Prolific USB to Serial COnverter'.

For best results with the Cheetah USB Datacable follow this sequence:-

1) Uninstall all the drivers that you installed with the cabel.

2) Go to Control Panel-System - Hardware- device manager- Ports. Here you should find ''Prolific USB to Serial COMM port' uninstall it. Close control panel.

3) Go to Control Panel- Phone & Modem- modems- remove the old version of LG USB Modem.

4) Remove the data cable. Restart.

5) On Restart- attach the data cable. The Machine will detect a new hardware. Install the driver for the'Prolific USB to Serial COnverter' from the CD.

6) Attach the Phone to the Data CAble. Manully install the Modem USING LG 6130 'SERIAL' MODEM DRIVER downloaded from Reliance infocomm site. DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE ON THE CD.

Restart and you should not have any problems regarding Rconnect and LG Desktoplite, however there still an issue with the LG Link software.

If you are not facing any issues with your current installation of Cheetah USB datacable, dont MESS with it.

LUV :(

Thanks BHarti Sunil,

I can use RCONNECT and DESKTOP LITE. However LG LINK is not working. It seems from your talks that Cheetah data cable has problem.

However if anyone got original data cable and cd from LG/Reliance, can you email original software with drivers in zip format to dhirensanghavi@gmail.com ? I need it only from LG CD as reliance wensite doesnt provide drivers for 6130.

If anyone is successful in using LG LINK from Cheetah or Indcable data cable, please share your secret and tell us how it worked using tricks if any.

Thanks

Success !

Well friends, I was actually able to connect to the LG Link software.

Well what I did was to start the LG Desktoplite programme. Close it. In the task bar you see an icon of LG Sync. Right click on that. Exit. Start the Lg Link progrmme. The Software asks for two passwords. 1) Phone password- Default 0000, (unless u have changed it). 2) your password- enter as per your wish (and DONT FORGET IT). Bingo ! you are connected to the LG Link.

Now, you can download all the photographs that you have clicked.

Disappointment, however is that you cannot upload any photographs, ringtone etc to the phone. I Find this DISGUSTING.

IS the uploading to phone problem with me only or others also. If any body has any clue please tell me.

How do I upload pictures and Ringtones to my cell remains a BIG mystery. Please help.

:D

hello all,

I got the lg link starter to work. Trust me it really works. first start the

lg desktop lite enter the user name and password. now click the sync

buttton on the desktop lite software select the usb com port ( available com

port) the com port where the modem is installed. now run the lg sysnc

manager let the software run the software will get the contacts from the

phone now the phone will restart. now start the lg link starter stop at the

first sccreen do'nt click "yes" now double click the lg sync manager in the

desktop tray the software will serach for the connected phone.

now the IMP wait for some few seconds and cancel the lg sync manager

connecting the phone. now click yes on the lg link starter.

wow the lg sync software rellay works i uploaded all the picyures taken

on my lg rd 6130

the above mentioned method is well tested

any queries please e-mail nikhilraut@hotmail.com i will be glad to help

hello all,

I got the lg link starter to work. Trust me it really works. first start the

lg desktop lite enter the user name and password. now click the sync

buttton on the desktop lite software select the usb com port  (  available com

port) the com port where the modem is installed. now run the lg sysnc

manager let the software run  the software will get the contacts from the

phone now the phone will restart. now start the lg link starter stop at the

first sccreen do'nt click "yes" now double click the lg sync manager in the

desktop tray the software will serach for the connected phone.

now the IMP wait for some few seconds and cancel the lg sync manager

connecting the phone. now click yes on the lg link starter.

wow the lg sync software rellay works i uploaded all the picyures taken

on my lg rd 6130

the above mentioned method is well tested

any queries please e-mail nikhilraut@hotmail.com i will be glad to help

31451[/snapback]

hey man it really works..good work..but how did u get this idea? i guess trial and error!!

anyway thanks.

Success !

Well friends, I was actually able to connect to the LG Link software.

Well what I did was to start the LG Desktoplite programme. Close it. In the task bar you see an icon of LG Sync. Right click on that. Exit. Start the Lg Link progrmme. The Software asks for two passwords. 1) Phone password- Default 0000, (unless u have changed it). 2) your password- enter as per your wish (and DONT FORGET IT). Bingo ! you are connected to the LG Link.

Now, you can download all the photographs that you have clicked.

Disappointment, however is that you cannot upload any photographs, ringtone etc to the phone. I Find this DISGUSTING.

IS the uploading to phone problem with me only or others also. If any body has any clue please tell me.

How do I upload pictures and Ringtones to my cell remains a BIG mystery. Please help.

:):P

same herer

I am Somesh and have RIM LG RD6130. I want to transfer the images taken on it to my pc. :help:

I have bought USB data cable which is of Phoenix. But even after installing its driver and connecting my mobile to PC USB port, the mobile is not displaying on PC :Ohhhh: .

When talked to the vendor, he told me that I need this mobile PC Sync Manager or PC suite which I don’t have. I am also not able to find it on internet. :Confuso:

If anyone has the solution of this problem, please send me the details and any software required for it at sk_sahu77@yahoo.com. :confuse:

Thanks in advance :) .

You can download the PC Sync manager from lgmobiles.com website.

Download & install the LG 6130 version...it will work. I have been using it successfully with my 6130.

Edited by amtrag

i just got a cable for my 6130. Everything is working fine, i am even able to connect to the internet and also sync my phone book. But I am not able to use the lg link software. It shows the login window and even restarts my phone and when i press the read from phone button, it shows reading from phone and ater sometime ...give the error "cannot read from phone.Check if cable is connected" . I even got the error "check is phone is serviced by the software". I am unable to make out the exact reason why this is happening...Help Required...!!!

With the help of amtrag and others suggestion, now I am able to connect my mobile with PC through the data cabel and it seems to work fine for exchanging data information and downloading photographs from mobile. :clap: . Thanks to all of you <_< .

But I did not find any option to download ringtone in mobile through PC. I am using PC sync and link downloaded from RIM website.

Can anyone please help me on this. :D

Thanks in advance.

Don't think so ... at least not directly - but I guess you could fiddle around to see where in the FS are the games being stored - use bitpim, and then try to overwrite one of the games :)

cheers

karki