Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Himanshu Singh

Reliance Communications to sell iPhone 5C for Rs 2,599 and iPhone 5S for Rs 2,999 monthly plan on a 2-year contract

RCom to sell iPhone 5C for Rs 2,599 and iPhone 5S for Rs 2,999 monthly plan on a 2-year contract

Apple’s new iPhone 5C and the iPhone 5S will officially arrive in India tomorrow carrying with them a hefty price tag of Rs 41,900 and Rs 53,500 respectively. But according to The Hindu, these devices are not likely to burn a hole in one’s pocket since RCom will sell these devices at subsidized rates ranging between Rs 2,500 and Rs 2,800. The only catch is that a subscriber will stuck to RCom for a period of two years.

In a type of contract system, common in Western countries, a subscriber will need to sign a contract with RCom locking him or her to RCom’s network for a period of two years. Under the scheme, one will have to pay Rs 2,500-2,800 and in addition to the new phone, will get unlimited voice calls, SMS and 3G data.

The 16GB iPhone 5C will be available for Rs 2,500 per month, while the iPhone 5S will be available for Rs 2,800 per month. The 32GB variants too will be available at the same subsidized monthly rates, but one will have to shell out Rs 10,000 up front. For the 64GB iPhone 5S, on the other hand, one will have to shell out Rs 18,000 up front.

To ensure that the phones are not misused or sold in grey market before the contract is over, RCom is only offering this deal to people with ICICI and HDFC credit cards.

Available on CDMA ???

• Thanks 1

Seems like a deal on the gsm front from Reliance.Wonder how many will be interested in getting struck with RGSM and its pathetic network coverage.

If it runs on Reliance CDMA, I'm sure they'll get many takers!!

Available only on GSM..

Most disappointing aspect

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Will it switch to RCDMA automatically in case GSM drops down really low?

Will it switch to RCDMA automatically in case GSM drops down really low?

Actually it won't as it will be only for gsm, but if it is having a cdma radio that to configured for rcdma, it will always catch cdma signals as r gsm is poor every place
  • Like 1

I had Discussion with Rajeev (from Chennai) on call (+91 9310414119 , rajeev.narayan@relianceada.com). He confirmed that CDMA Version of iPhone will be available on RCOM in next couple of months. Good News for CDMA Lovers like me.

MDA effect, i believe..

Any FUP of unlimited data in this offer ?

If not, I think it is good offer. I can pay Rs.1500/- per month for reliance 3G unlimited.

And I hope iPhone is not network locked.

• Like 1

If phone is lost beetween the contract than?

normally contact phones have insurance with them, it will be covered in insurance. but dont know what Rcom is offering.

Any FUP of unlimited data in this offer ?

If not, I think it is good offer. I can pay Rs.1500/- per month for reliance 3G unlimited.

And I hope iPhone is not network locked.

It is bound to be locked to Rcom, but R-sim will work for other network

It's a first of it's kind commendable and exemplary effort by reliance. Even though it may be for gsm only.

The places where their 3g works, the network is awesome and for everywhere else just latch to aircel for trouble free connectivity. The mutual tie up of these networks for pan india has been a boon.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

^^^

is data free while roaming on Aircel network also?

^^^ is data free while roaming on Aircel network also?

yeah

no separate roaming charges for any usage. only whatever reliance roaming rates if any that is applicable.

^^^^^

So RCom is following the same FAKE Unlimited FREE calls and shamelessly blaming TRAI for the same... 100 hours means 6000 mins FREE usage (same as in 1499 Fake UnLimited Plan)... Only TataGSM has TRUE UnLimited calls (NO FUP applicable -- I have used it earlier) in its 1299 plan (though their plan is real, their network is a joke, imho)... Even AirTel is allowing 10000 mins of FREE calls (incl Roaming -- currently I am using this plan) + 8GB 3G Data (also FREE while national roaming in partner networks) in its Solitare1599 plan. So TRAI's limit of 100 hours per month is A BIG FAT LIE...

It's a first of it's kind commendable and exemplary effort by reliance. Even though it may be for gsm only.

The places where their 3g works, the network is awesome and for everywhere else just latch to aircel for trouble free connectivity. The mutual tie up of these networks for pan india has been a boon.

Babaji reliance gsm awesome with 3g ??

Plz tell us where ?

Plz tell us where ?

In delhi relaince gsm is much better than avoid.

It's a first of it's kind commendable and exemplary effort by reliance. Even though it may be for

Plz tell us where ?

I posted in detail in a thread I started comparing evdo and 3g.

In jaipur whenever I do speed test.net app in android. Rgsm has fastest results on 3g then others.

so in reality its actually 6000 min + 3000 sms + 5 GB data @ 3G

Edited by commonman

Even in Mumbai, Reliance 3G is excellent. I get 10 mbps data wherever I check. One big drawback is that I am in Lucknow for Diwali for 3-4 days and only 2g here.

I have ported from RCDMA To RGSM After 5-6 years of cdma because I just couldn't use 2mbps EVDO after trying out 10mbps 3g for a week.

I don't travel much out of Mumbai & Delhi so even the patchy network is Ok for me. For voice, my Z10 shows HD Voice on most calls and clarity is better than cdma for me at least.

Tried searching for Aircel in Lucknow but it's not showing.

IPhone 5S offer is definitely attractive if you are a fairly heavy user.

Even in Mumbai, Reliance 3G is excellent. I get 10 mbps data wherever I check. One big drawback is that I am in Lucknow for Diwali for 3-4 days and only 2g here.I have ported from RCDMA To RGSM After 5-6 years of cdma because I just couldn't use 2mbps EVDO after trying out 10mbps 3g for a week. I don't travel much out of Mumbai & Delhi so even the patchy network is Ok for me. For voice, my Z10 shows HD Voice on most calls and clarity is better than cdma for me at least.Tried searching for Aircel in Lucknow but it's not showing.IPhone 5S offer is definitely attractive if you are a fairly heavy user.

Sometimes aircel will show as reliance in capital letters. Keep your phone in wcdma/gsm auto mode then search for networks if it shows two reliance names.