Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Himanshu Singh

Reliance Communications to sell iPhone 5C for Rs 2,599 and iPhone 5S for Rs 2,999 monthly plan on a 2-year contract

Hi Guys,

I have taken an iphone 5s space grey from rworld, jaipur. According to them it is truly unlimited and the cap is only on 3000 SMS/month.

I have opted to port my number from vodafone, hoping that rgsm's network has improved after tie up with Aircel.

A good initiative from Rcom. MTS is also coming up with something like this but that is with Micromax.

Does the data work with wifi or cable tethering?otherwise what will one do with unlimited data in a smartphone with no option to expand memory?also does the offer is applicable for port in customers and how long it will take to get the phone?

Edited by krishnendu halder

If the jailbreak for Ios7 is available, tethering is possible inspite of network lock.

If the jailbreak for Ios7 is available, tethering is possible inspite of network lock.

Both the phones (5S & 5C) offered by Rcom are factory unlocked

Sent from my HTC Butterfly

Does the data works with wifi or cable tethering?otherwise what will one do with unlimited data in a smartphone with no option to expand memory?also does the offer is applicable for port in customers and how long it will take to get the phone?

Of course you can use hotspot in the handset to tether data. This offer is for all type of customers (new, existing or mnp) in postpaid only. You can get the phone along with the offer at any of the Rworld's. Rest depends on the availability of the handsets at that particular store.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly

• Like 3

That means rcom is least concerned what sim you use in this handset or use this sim in any other handset as long as you are paying emi...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The scheme is available only in cities where Reliance has 3G service. so not for cities like Bangalore. There is no restriction on the handset or the SIM. The handset comes with Indian warantee. So, if the SIM is used with present handset and the iPhone 5S is sold (may be to someone in Bangalore or similar other city), in boxpack for around 50-51k and the money is invested in a annuity deposit (reverse EMI) of 24 months, at present rates, one would get around 2300 per month. so for about 800 p.m. one gets can get unlimited voice, unlimited data and unlimited sms (or 6000 min, 3000 sms & 5 GB data at 3G speed)

Edited by commonman
  • Like 3

Thanks for summarizing unbundling link.. :)

The analysis is good but it missed out on one point : Who can actually take advantage of the plan ?- say a person who has a billing of about 2000 already can happily get a iPhone 5s for about 1k more.

Also it does not mention the resale value of the phone after 2 years. I think a person can get abt 10k on the phone after 2 years( of course it depends on the condition of the phone )

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

^^^^^

So RCom is following the same FAKE Unlimited FREE calls and shamelessly blaming TRAI for the same... 100 hours means 6000 mins FREE usage (same as in 1499 Fake UnLimited Plan)... Only TataGSM has TRUE UnLimited calls (NO FUP applicable -- I have used it earlier) in its 1299 plan (though their plan is real, their network is a joke, imho)... Even AirTel is allowing 10000 mins of FREE calls (incl Roaming -- currently I am using this plan) + 8GB 3G Data (also FREE while national roaming in partner networks) in its Solitare1599 plan. So TRAI's limit of 100 hours per month is A BIG FAT LIE...

I am also using this plan and its really good in ap mh and karnatka...but not roamed to othr cities so do not know abt 3g stats thr...only catch is when roaming u r sms are charged ....

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

i think it makes sense even for those with rs. 1500 monthly [arpu]

but 95-99% of customers are below an arpu of rs. 1 k to begin with

also, i would love to buy a used 5s for rs. 10 k after 2 years!

i think they would sell for rs. 15-20 k at least [look at used iphone 4 prices currently]

many are asking for rs. 8-9 k for 3gs now [over 3 years old]

The analysis is good but it missed out on one point : Who can actually take advantage of the plan ?- say a person who has a billing of about 2000 already can happily get a iPhone 5s for about 1k more.
Also it does not mention the resale value of the phone after 2 years. I think a person can get abt 10k on the phone after 2 years( of course it depends on the condition of the phone )

By 10k I know I'm understating the price. But for analysis sake I kept it at the minimum. I agree a person wud get atleast 15k

^^^^^

So RCom is following the same FAKE Unlimited FREE calls and shamelessly blaming TRAI for the same... 100 hours means 6000 mins FREE usage (same as in 1499 Fake UnLimited Plan)... Only TataGSM has TRUE UnLimited calls (NO FUP applicable -- I have used it earlier) in its 1299 plan (though their plan is real, their network is a joke, imho)... Even AirTel is allowing 10000 mins of FREE calls (incl Roaming -- currently I am using this plan) + 8GB 3G Data (also FREE while national roaming in partner networks) in its Solitare1599 plan. So TRAI's limit of 100 hours per month is A BIG FAT LIE...

I am also using this plan and its really good in ap mh and karnatka...but not roamed to othr cities so do not know abt 3g stats thr...only catch is when roaming u r sms are charged ....

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

this plan is not the 1299 plan but the 1499 plan, where there are zero charges ( 1499 plus taxes )

:)

what if someone wants not to continue say after a year or so

what if someone wants not to continue say after a year or so

you can...

All the amount is blocked on credit card...No refund from RCOM side

so RCOM have got money for 2 years upfront from the CC bank...

it is upto you to use it or not.

But yes. You will have to clear your CC bill else your credit score gets impacted

Sold Out.

Reliance Communications, which had announced the first on contract plans for the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C, has reportedly sold out its initial quota of the devices. The company has finished the entire stock within the first three days and now is left waiting for fresh stocks. The provider has meanwhile received a whopping 10000 bookings for both the devices.

The iPhone 5S could easily be the most device for Apple in India. The company has apparently sold out its first inventory of 30000 units within the first 24 hours. Besides Reliance, the devices are available with Airtel but off contract. Apple is expecting to garner at least Rs. 1000 crore from the sales of iPhones in India.

Edited by mgdelhi

Any updates on the bundling with CDMA?

As er their tweet, they will be increasing the offer price. Check here..

Immediately after I posted here, I got a call from reliance that the last day of our is 5th December, post which the price will increase and tariff bundle might not be available..

He asked me to book online before 5th and stock will be analogous by 12th and delivered by 17th..

He repeated this is the last chance..

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Who all booked IPhone 5S or 5C in this Plan??

And who all are happy?

Any review...

When will it available for CDMA

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk 2

Who all booked IPhone 5S or 5C in this Plan??

And who all are happy? 

Any review...

I think no one on forum!

When will it available for CDMA

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk 2

Keep waiting!

Tapped from Tapatalk Pro