Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
feeagle99

Please suggest an OMH based Global Phone

If this thread is not restricted to discussions on Motorola handsets, then I can confirm that Verizon S3 i535 works perfectly on GSM SIM and Reliance OMH and Tata RUIM. For using GSM data, it has to be rooted and simply place apns-conf.xml in system. Reliance and Tata OMH work very well on LK3 build, I cannot vouch for other software versions though. Verizon S3 is a complete global phone on LK3 (4.1.1) with no settings or hidden menu involved sooner or later.

• Like 1

Rajuji, I did try doing *228 primarily because I thought that would OTAF the set. Incidentally, the PRL version reads as 5 currently and MIN and other parameters are visible in Status, so no idea why the data connection is not being created. Additionally the phone does not allow for the *228 call to go through, says - "Sorry, this SIM card is not recognised or registered". Also later found that this is not recommended, it could mess the SIM card up in older phones. Also was told that configuring APN was not necessary, though I did that too. I was thinking of doing rooting followed by apns-conf.xml, though I have seen folks do that in GSM not in CDMA...

Dr. Faramroze, was told that the Verizon S3 needs a modded SIM. So do you believe that your experience is a one off one or in general do you believe Verizon S3 supports OMH out of the box?

Also is there any chance that the modded SIM can solve my data problems?

Rajuji, I did try doing *228 primarily because I thought that would OTAF the set. Incidentally, the PRL version reads as 5 currently and MIN and other parameters are visible in Status, so no idea why the data connection is not being created. Additionally the phone does not allow for the *228 call to go through, says - "Sorry, this SIM card is not recognised or registered". Also later found that this is not recommended, it could mess the SIM card up in older phones. Also was told that configuring APN was not necessary, though I did that too. I was thinking of doing rooting followed by apns-conf.xml, though I have seen folks do that in GSM not in CDMA...

Dr. Faramroze, was told that the Verizon S3 needs a modded SIM. So do you believe that your experience is a one off one or in general do you believe Verizon S3 supports OMH out of the box?

Dear brother, I have done innumerable data programming on large number of Verizon S3 i535 handsets, in the last few months with various types of experiments but LK3 build supports data very well on normal OMH SIM. It's not one or few Verizon S3 phones that were tried upon, rather a large number. CDMA programming is a playground of tweaking and experiments, you can try the modded SIM.

• Like 2

I wish to buy an OMH handset that supports both GSM & CDMA sims without any modifications.

I wish to buy Razr M xt907 and wish to know whether I can just purchase Verizon Razr M and use it with Reliance and Vodafone here in India by just popping in the sim or will have to do some programming.

Also can custom to Roms be flashed without affecting cellular capabilities.

U can use razr m gsm or CDMA one at one time.

Sent from my XT907

Sent from my XT907

yes one at a time !

Thanks Hitesh Ji & Vinay Ji, I intend to use it one at a time. Primarily for Reliance CDMA.

Hitesh ji, could you please tell me whether all new reliance cdma sims are OMH or do I have to specifically request for one. I have ordered Razr M and have lost my Reliance CDMA sim, therefore would get a replacement from R-World.

Sent from my XT907

yes one at a time !

All the new ones are omh sim.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

please suggest low cost OMH unlocked phone for using wifi tethering facility. (want to use bsnl, reliance or docomo CDMA sim}

please suggest low cost OMH unlocked phone for using wifi tethering facility. (want to use bsnl, reliance or docomo CDMA sim}

Sir, low cost phones often have battery backup issues.

For your requirement I would suggest a mini router with in built battery with an unlocked data card.

I would be cheaper and more reliable.

• Like 1

@Ggji

Why dont u go stellar?

Stellar has good battery backup but poor camera clarity.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

Does Motorola Droid Mini or Ultra works with reliance cdma with data ? (Androind 4.4.2)

I am not bothered about GSM part.

Nokia Lumia 822 is OMH Sim supporting handset.

822 Works perfectly on GSM SIM[CALL SMS DATA] and CDMA[CALL AND SMS only]

CDMA Data definitely don't work ON Droid MINI..

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I heard from parin directly something completely contrary to that.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I am telling from my experience, 2 Droid mini i have used and on non of them data was working..

Can any one guide me to get data working..?

I am telling from my experience, 2 Droid mini i have used and on non of them data was working..

Try with special modded sim.it will work.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Do , i need to use any special modded sim to get the data working ?

Can i use MINI as a non sim device for cdma with data ?

@Manoj Patel

When you try to connect to data in Mini

please check what it says in Settings -> about phone -> status -> mobile network connection status

Whether it says connecting over here or just disconnected ?

Try with special modded sim.it will work.

Noob here guide me through how to obtain moded sim..

Yes may be.coz on droid ultra 4.4 with moded sim data is working.so i think mini should be work.

What is a modded sim card ? ... how can i get the same ? ...

Any pointers please ?

Dear brother, I have done innumerable data programming on large number of Verizon S3 i535 handsets, in the last few months with various types of experiments but LK3 build supports data very well on normal OMH SIM. It's not one or few Verizon S3 phones that were tried upon, rather a large number. CDMA programming is a playground of tweaking and experiments, you can try the modded SIM.

Faramrozeji, finally got the data working! Essentially, the problem was what many folks keep repeating - the SIM card. Earlier my card was labelled as just "prepaid CDMA". I went ahead and got a SIM card with the black diamond sign and everything started working! Perhaps the post that suggests the right type of SIM card to be used for data should be pinned so that people use the right SIM. Incidentally I bought the useless SIM for Rs. 50 from a Reliance Mobile store and the good SIM costed me just Rs. 4 in a Webworld!

Motorol droid razer xt907 will work with ruim cdma and gsm sim card..?

I want to buy this one

Pls.suggest anyone

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Yes

Sent from my XT907