Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
grebel

Mobile data not working on SCH-R530 Galaxy S3 US Cellular after 4.3 official update

till date downgrade for USC S3 is not know ,

so stay away from it !!

I can post the MJA baseband for those who are experiencing the unknown baseband error after trying to downgrade. I have pulled it from an S3 that was updated to MJA updated. Currently we do not have a working Odin tar file for MJA update. You have to push this baseband through adb after rooting your phone.

Otherwise you can use the method posted by grebel in post #12 if the phone is not booting at all.

Can you please post the MJA baseband?

Thx and regards

I can post the MJA baseband for those who are experiencing the unknown baseband error after trying to downgrade. I have pulled it from an S3 that was updated to MJA updated. Currently we do not have a working Odin tar file for MJA update. You have to push this baseband through adb after rooting your phone.

Otherwise you can use the method posted by grebel in post #12 if the phone is not booting at all.

Thx and regards

Here is the link for the MJA baseband .. uploaded by me...

You can copy the image file on a rooted device by using the dd command from adb shell... Otherwise you can make a odin tar file from the image file and flash it in Odin...

https://www.mediafire.com/?mnyv6crdj36rbxj

Once upgraded to 4.3 you can't downgrade as Kn0x is introduced. Just flash the older modem.bin file only. You have to downgrade the modem only as you can't downgrade the firmware. Search the relevant modem.bin file on XDA the one before MJA. Once downloaded flash through odin in PDA and update PRL and NV through CDMAWS. Hope this works. Somebody please try this and revert back.

^^^

Already tried by many, as soon as your are on new knox boot-loader, it wont read older modem and thats the end of story,

we may need many tweeks for getting pass this issue,

with knox boot-loader and older modem (base-band) no voice no sms no data

knox boot-loader with mja modem (base-band) only voice and sms, no data.

Thx and regards

Here is the link for the MJA baseband .. uploaded by me...

You can copy the image file on a rooted device by using the dd command from adb shell... Otherwise you can make a odin tar file from the image file and flash it in Odin...

https://www.mediafire.com/?mnyv6crdj36rbxj

i download it but how i can flash

plz help

I have one query for the gurus if the issue is with the Radio/baseband issue then how come mobile data was not working for the people who got MD1 base-band and CM10.2 update i.e for the people who are not updated to 4.3 update till data getting issue after updating to CM10.2 or any ROM of 4.3. As i am trying to figure out the data issue

That issue was with cm rom

That issue was with cm rom

If i am not wrong it was not only with CM rom but it was with all 4.3 custom roms also as our members tried various roms for 4.3

There are only two base

One is cm

And 2nd on is official.

Cm have data issue

And with official 4.3 we cannot use mb1

Only thing we need to find official4.3 with mb1.

Lets see of wecan fake out mb1 as mja

• Like 1

For who have accidently tried to downgrade from 4.3 on USC R530 to 4.1.2/4.1.1, it will show error in Odin mode screen and when the phone starts, it will get stuck on "firmware upgrade encountered an error", so in this case just flash CF-autoroot.tar via odin again and phone will be back to normal. For those who have tried to downgrade modem say LG1 or LK then phone will boot normally but radio partiton will not work (baseband unknown) so in this re-flash MJA modem.tar and do RTN reset. Data will not work in either cases but phone will work as usual again. If you still want data, switch it over to NV mode and data just works on 4.3 !!

Edited by dr.faramroze
  • Like 5

For who have accidently tried to downgrade from 4.3 on USC R530 to 4.1.2/4.1.1, it will show error in Odin mode screen and when the phone starts, it will get stuck on "firmware upgrade encountered an error", so in this case just flash CF-autoroot.tar via odin again and phone will be back to normal. For those who have tried to downgrade modem say LG1 or LK then phone will boot normally but radio partiton will not work (baseband unknown) so in this re-flash MJA modem.tar and do RTN reset. Data will not work in either cases but phone will work as usual again. If you still want data, switch it over to NV mode and data just works on 4.3 !!

Sir i am on 4.3 can u let me know how to switch to NV mode instead on NV,RUIM

Edited by grebel

Sir i am on 4.3 can u let me know how to switch to NV mode instead on NV,RUIM

R530's MEID needs to be registered, but not programmed. Before programming it on Reliance, open DFS and goto NV tab and download R530U.nvf file from DFS server, re flash factory NV items, then program it on Reliance. NAM may not stick easily, may require quite an attempts. For RUIM to NV mode change use any CDMA pc software, spc=000000 and use 16 digit password of R970. Setting this phone on Reliance is little tricky (like Axiom) so as always, its our own responsibility to achieve success.

• Like 8

Here is the MJA Odin TAR file directly flashable and u will be on 4.3 MJA

http://upload.teamuscellular.com/5D1

Thank-You!

been waiting on that one for a long time

im on mja stock now.

what needs to be done so i can use a sim card?

im no noob

been trying to see if we can set SHA256 to off somehow

that is actually what the unlock is right?

cant we downgrade to MD1.zip or MB1.zip from TWRP/CWMR?

i dont care about knox counter.

isnt there someone who repackaged the older stock tar.md5 files and rooted and de-knox them ?

i thought we could downflash anything but it just sets the knox counter

Here is the MJA Odin TAR file directly flashable and u will be on 4.3 MJA

http://upload.teamuscellular.com/5D1

THANK YOU! First stock rom of 4.3 MJA I've found and it worked! It also fixed my no network problem. All of my phones info is back. The MEID, IMEI, the baseband. Everything looks normal except I think my phone is in "Factory Mode" When I boot up a quick message pops up and the only thing I catch from it is "factory mode" There's also a grey opaque box with yellow lettering that keeps popping up. Here's a picture http://imgur.com/ZEqBYpO A couple others things are I have no power button menu and no lockscreen. Ive researched a little about this factory mode but only found solutions for different models of the GS3 and things that could possibly mess up the MEID and IMEI and all that. I'm kind of a noob. I've rooted a phone or two and flashed some roms here and there but thats what got me into this mess with my GS3. I really dont want to mess it up again. Can anyone help me out??

Ok I got brave and decided what the heck? I tried this and it worked!

well heres the solution i got from xda developers..... well to exit the factory mode

1. ud have to install a terminal emulator from google market

2. Type su

3. Then enter the following after the #

echo -n ON > /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode

(yes ON is the correct setting to turn it off)

Then I had to reboot for the change to take effect. FYI, I had to go through initial setup after the reboot.

walaa there it was phone out of facroty mode with all its features woring

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-s3-roms/239945-how-exit-factory-mode-user-mode-s3-help.html

well heres the solution i got from xda developers..... well to exit the factory mode

2. Type su

Then I had to reboot for the change to take effect. FYI, I had to go through initial setup after the reboot.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-s3-roms/239945-how-exit-factory-mode-user-mode-s3-help.html

Sorry just confirming... Ask features working means you got data working with this prices after the 4.3 update???

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

2. Type su

Sorry just confirming... Ask features working means you got data working with this prices after the 4.3 update???

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Well after I flashed the 4.3 MJA rom everything appeared as it should. The phone isn't activated with service but before it had a no signal icon where the signal bars should be and all phone info was blank. No baseband, carrier name, IMEI, MEID, I think even my phone number was gone. When I went into the mobile settings it would say that I needed to insert a sim card but it was already in there.

After the flash all info was back and the signal bars were back. Only my phone was in factory mode. So I did the steps above in a terminal and factory mode was turned off. Phone back to working condition. Well I hope so anyway. I won't know till its activated but I already have a S4 so no need for it :c

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone I am facing the same problem data is not working from the moment I recently flashed cyanogenMod 4.4.2 CM11 version. Everything is working perfect but data is not working can someone kindly suggest what can I do to enable data on this ROM, if at all there is no alternative of downgrading please help me to get back to the version 4.1.2 on which data was working perfectly fine. The device I use OMH USC S3 R530.

Regards,
Karthik

I m now made my usc s3 to non sim but still data not working i got the dumb file and written it to nv. Transferred mdn to it. Call & Sms still working without sim but data not. Please help.

Can someone who has or not updated to 4.3 and has notification for the 4.3 upgrade please please upload the OTA from /cache/ folder and send me the link. it should be the ZIP file present in that folder.

thanks !!

Edited by Vinod Nayak

Can someone who has or not updated to 4.3 and has notification for the 4.3 upgrade please please upload the OTA from /cache/ folder and send me the link. it should be the ZIP file present in that folder.

thanks !!

It is already posted in the First page itself or else you can download the file "http://anything-android.co/getdownload.php?file=D2USC%20Fix/md4_to_mja_ota_update_2.zip"

• Like 1

thanks !!

It is already posted in the First page itself or else you can download the file "http://anything-android.co/getdownload.php?file=D2USC%20Fix/md4_to_mja_ota_update_2.zip"

Not Found

The requested URL /anything-android.co/getdownload.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

u need a USC Sim to make data working

I m now made my usc s3 to non sim but still data not working i got the dumb file and written it to nv. Transferred mdn to it. Call & Sms still working without sim but data not. Please help.

Edited by parin
  • Like 2