Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
grebel

Mobile data not working on SCH-R530 Galaxy S3 US Cellular after 4.3 official update

Can someone who has or not updated to 4.3 and has notification for the 4.3 upgrade please please upload the OTA from /cache/ folder and send me the link. it should be the ZIP file present in that folder.

thanks !!

It is already posted in the First page itself or else you can download the file "http://anything-android.co/getdownload.php?file=D2USC%20Fix/md4_to_mja_ota_update_2.zip"

Not Found

The requested URL /anything-android.co/getdownload.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

U can try this link "http://pan.baidu.com/s/13mWcV" its chinese you can use translator

My observation on 4.3 is that for mobile data phone is not reading parameters from the RUIM it is sending all data from the inbuilt parameters defined in the OS for the operator and once your are making Airplane mode ON then it is reading the data from RUIM u can see the same thing in the about device and status network it will show "RJ1KNLA1e" and PRL will be showing version "5" as it is reading data from RUIM after Switching OFF air plane mode it will show "US Cellular" which is defined in the OS parameters.

Real challege would be how to modify the parameters to make the mobile to read parameters from RUIM for mobile data instead of predefined authentication parameters in the OS

Edited by grebel

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone found the solution for this problem? I bought an USSC SIII for my colleague, which he updated via OTA to 4.3 and now there is no data.

Thanks

Mahesh

I can post the MJA baseband for those who are experiencing the unknown baseband error after trying to downgrade. I have pulled it from an S3 that was updated to MJA updated. Currently we do not have a working Odin tar file for MJA update. You have to push this baseband through adb after rooting your phone.

Otherwise you can use the method posted by grebel in post #12 if the phone is not booting at all.

Can you please post the MJA baseband?

Thx and regards

Here is the link for the MJA baseband .. uploaded by me...

You can copy the image file on a rooted device by using the dd command from adb shell... Otherwise you can make a odin tar file from the image file and flash it in Odin...

https://www.mediafire.com/?mnyv6crdj36rbxj

how to use adb shell to push it
here , what i do with mine

1. paste this .img file to root of your internal memory.

2. rename it to radio.img. (just to simplify)

3. open terminal emulator. if you don't have install it from play store.

4. type as follows

I. su then press enter (for gaining super user auth.)

II. dd if=/storage/sdcard0/radio.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 then hit enter

5. wait

6. wait

7. your phone got restart

8. walllllaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! All Done

9. profit

10. Enjoy

NIT9 .IMG = 4.2 MODEM? Can you be more specific !

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

:previous:

i am talking about that file which posted earlier and is in ".img" formate

here the link again https://www.mediafir...mnyv6crdj36rbxj

download this file and it work perfectly for you as above stated method. one mere thing is image file is for 4.3 mja baseband.

Can someone who has or not updated to 4.3 and has notification for the 4.3 upgrade please please upload the OTA from /cache/ folder and send me the link. it should be the ZIP file present in that folder.

thanks !!

It is already posted in the First page itself or else you can download the file "http://anything-android.co/getdownload.php?file=D2USC%20Fix/md4_to_mja_ota_update_2.zip"

Not Found

The requested URL /anything-android.co/getdownload.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

U can try this link "http://pan.baidu.com/s/13mWcV" its chinese you can use translator

i got en error after 70% download. it asking for username and password to continue.

4.3 MODEM is not working for RUIM, what's the point to flash it again using dd commands?

It has to be lower than 4.3 MODEM.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any one on MJA (4.3), have tried china Rom R530U_4.3_MJA_v5.1.exe ??

looks like they are using RUIM on MJA,

Here is the link if any one like to try at own risk here is the download link

I tried downloading 10 times, but failed at some point, due to server reset or some other link issues.

Edited by ::Hitesh::
  • Like 1

Currently Dr.faramroze is taking too much efforts on USC S3 to make it ruim enabled on 4.3 android version.

Lets hope for the good news!

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Have a SGS 3 SCH-R530U (US Cellular). Has 4.1.2 with R530UVXAMD4 bb, Upon Inserting a Reliance CDMA Sim, I am able to make and receive calls, But data is not working, When i try to enable data, It says Insert a Sim card to Enable data on your phone inspite of a Reliance Sim being inserted in it. Kindly Help me out.

Have a SGS 3 SCH-R530U (US Cellular). Has 4.1.2 with R530UVXAMD4 bb, Upon Inserting a Reliance CDMA Sim, I am able to make and receive calls, But data is not working, When i try to enable data, It says Insert a Sim card to Enable data on your phone inspite of a Reliance Sim being inserted in it. Kindly Help me out.

You need to downgrade to the initial release of 4.1.2 .. Search the same thread , you will find pointers

you have to go to settings and then more settings and then mobile networks and activate mobile data the shortcut thing does not work in R530

you can also download DATA ON / OFF widget from play store ...

Go into settings and enable data. Dont use notification toggle

Sent from my LG-LS980

Hey, you have to enable data from inside the settings menu and not from notification bar.

Go to settings - more settings - mobile networks - mobile data.

Or you should download data enabler software from play Store and use it to enable /disable data.

I hope this solves your problem.

Uh, Thanks for the pointers guys, But **not a noob** :) I have already tried enabling it from there as well, with no results. I think you are missing something here, Thing is have not got the MEID Registered with Reliance. I Received the phone and just popped in my Reliance sim card and was able to Send and receive calls and SMS, But with no data.So will My getting the MEID Registered with Reliance Make any difference to the Data Connection?

Meid registration won't make any difference since you are using omh sim, but pl check that ur omh sim is new type diamond logo sim.

Uh, Thanks for the pointers guys, But **not a noob** :) I have already tried enabling it from there as well, with no results. I think you are missing something here, Thing is have not got the MEID Registered with Reliance. I Received the phone and just popped in my Reliance sim card and was able to Send and receive calls and SMS, But with no data.So will My getting the MEID Registered with Reliance Make any difference to the Data Connection?

Don't mind it but that is a 'noob' question!

Meid registration is only done in case of non sim phone/usage.

It's not a data specific thing.

sent from my Moto G - Reliance

• Like 1

If your data is not working on 4.3 then you can make it nv mode and data will work on non sim.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

• hey guys im an old memeber here but came after a long gap, i had a problem i got one s3 530 usc with 4.1.2 Md4 baseband working evdo and 1x , i have accidently upgraded to 4.3 and now the modem is mja and my mobile data is not working, is there any chance to get the mobie data in MJA or downgrade to md4, using NV by registering meid is working ???? can any body help

Downgrade is not possible.

Make it nv mode after registration of meid.data will work.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Request u to guide on the rooting steps for 4.3 MJA.

For who have accidently tried to downgrade from 4.3 on USC R530 to 4.1.2/4.1.1, it will show error in Odin mode screen and when the phone starts, it will get stuck on "firmware upgrade encountered an error", so in this case just flash CF-autoroot.tar via odin again and phone will be back to normal. For those who have tried to downgrade modem say LG1 or LK then phone will boot normally but radio partiton will not work (baseband unknown) so in this re-flash MJA modem.tar and do RTN reset. Data will not work in either cases but phone will work as usual again. If you still want data, switch it over to NV mode and data just works on 4.3 !!

Sir i am on 4.3 can u let me know how to switch to NV mode instead on NV,RUIM

R530's MEID needs to be registered, but not programmed. Before programming it on Reliance, open DFS and goto NV tab and download R530U.nvf file from DFS server, re flash factory NV items, then program it on Reliance. NAM may not stick easily, may require quite an attempts. For RUIM to NV mode change use any CDMA pc software, spc=000000 and use 16 digit password of R970. Setting this phone on Reliance is little tricky (like Axiom) so as always, its our own responsibility to achieve success.

Dr. I am sure we have to root the handset before following the steps as mentioned above by u

^^^

No root required to make phone nv only

Sent by Moto G on Reliance CDMA

I have usc s3 on stock 4.3 & registered with nv. The issue is the handset is heating up on usage. When Googled, found similar issues. Can someone suggest solution or any other rom which will help solve this issue