Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Jat

Nexus 5 : Diagnostic Mode and configuring Reliance CDMA

Is this applicable to all the N5 device?

Or is it specific to North America Versions. If all device can the N5 available in India be programed?

Is this applicable to all the N5 device?

Or is it specific to North America Versions. If all device can the N5 available in India be programed?

I did this on my D820 which is US version. I don't think its gonna work on International version D821.

An observation : If you change 'Network Mode' to Global/Insert GSM Sim card....Device picks up GSM PRL. In that case, need to connect with DFS and select CDMA_HDR again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i thought members here were speculating that nexus 5 US version would run indian cdma omh out of box. :doh:

guess that was only a wishful thinking. :hypocrite:

N5 in India is D821 it have Exact same Radio (Software / Firmware) but CDMA Band is disabled at Hardware level

N5 in USA have 2 Varients

N5 16gb Sprint Version D820

N5 32gb/16gb Google Play Edition D820

dont know about sprint but Google Play can be configured via Patched Kernel which allows mounting DIAG port on /dev

Call + SMS works fine MEID can be changed / SPC can be read via CDMA Workshop LG Method

3G(EVDO) is not stable We require Sprint SIMCard into slot to put the phone into CDMA Mode and EVDO to work / Once EVDO stops we have to reprogram device and reboot

• Like 1

@OP, can you make sure while the phone is set to CDMA_HDR only and you reboot the phone, does you are having same issues as Hetal ? Or your phone is working fine on reboots and without any simcard inserted?

I have a nexus 5 from US playstore. The box has IMEI number as well as MEID number. I have tested with GSM and it works perfectly. Don't know how to set it in CDMA. I have tried putting OMH sim, but the phone does not show any network. Any pointers for a newbie ?

Thanks

• Like 1

i used it but no port opens in the US nexus 5. the port of LG doesnt turn up. tried in win 7 & win 8 too. wat is the issue ? how to rectify !!!!!

will this work with SIm based ? or its only with MEID regist ?

Steps for Diagnostic Mode and getting Reliance CDMA

Hi Ragavan,

I bought Nexus 5 d820 model from Google playstore US factory unlocked and was trying to follow your method. I could unlock the boot loader and boot in diag mode, however when I'm flashing reliance PRL it's not sticking at all. After reboot nothing happens and I don't get reliance tower. Could you help? I'm using the above method on out of the box new piece phone. The os is Kitkat 4.4.0.

I was not succeeding I can't make any config thru CFS. Even tried one hr ago. I can't write though i have SpC code I can't unlock

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hitesh sir. Can u help? Nexus 5 gsm data service not working when tried to activate reliance cdma. Used only dfs. Calls and SMS is fine

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hi matrunner,

Could you let me know how you did it? I tried above steps but won't work. And also did you had US Google play store d820 model?

Does EVDO works good with D820? I would love to try nexus 5, if RCDMA is really possible with it.

Evdo is not stable. It requires sprint sim to work on cdma evdo mode. If evdo stops then again whole data configuration is required.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

Does EVDO works good with D820? I would love to try nexus 5, if RCDMA is really possible with it.

i could get evdo while on CDMA mode by keeping inserted a bsnl gsm sim on calkulin's stock based rom Edited by ananth001

Can anyone help me out please? I did this with a CDMA network in Nigeria here and it worked but when I reverted back to GSM I cannot connect to data anymore. APN is still there and OK but no data. Is there any way I can revert back to factory settings so I can get the GSM data working again?