Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ACS

Indian Politics - The Dance of Democracy

I'm also against the regional parties. They do more harm than others.

I want everybody to watch this video and understand why one should cast vote..

• Like 1

Posted Image

Hope that this should not be condition of AAP....

tapped from DNA

As per breaking news, 65-70% Delhi-ites have voted today !

A chunk of the credit must go to the 'New-age Media' who have played a huge part in motivating young voters with investigative journalism!

Thank god for not having the toothless & boring DD's "samachaar samaapt hue, namaskar"

My vote is for change.

My vote for AAP this time and hope they are different from other 2

Most of the ppl have thought about the same today while voting.. As far as exit polls go, 16-18 seats is a moderate performance but a good start for AAP nevertheless..

It will be most interesting to watch what AAP does if no party gets a clear majority in delhi & they are in the position to play kingmaker for either congress or bjp govt. formation. Will they support either one or force re-election?

If exit polls showed they're close to 25-30 seats, they may have explored the re-election option.. 16-18 seats don't inspire much confidence to go for re-election with the prospect of gaining absolute majority.

According to my belief India need to give jolt to both Congress ams bjp. But root of aap is based on false hood of corruption free India and party. Their claims are unrealistic and they fry to misguide people as much as cong-bjp.

In current world regression has no meaning. We have to look forward. We also must not forget that aap too tried to woo Muslim voters. Means they too divide society by religion so what is different in all three parties?

Root of AAP based on falsehood? Why? I guess, it was built more on the aam aadmi's 'fight against corruption', however unrealistic the current situation in India maybe..

As far as garnering muslim votes was concerned, it was an impromptu meet with the maulana as he has clarified..But if the cleric had indeed issued fatwas and announced a bounty for beheading Bangladeshi author Taslima Nasreen, its a shame if they didnt do their homework or met him intentionally with a silly agenda.

I too am surprised with the support that AAP has garnered..

But the true color of party would come out in case of hung assembly...

Would it reach to congress or BJP for external support to form the government?

If they do.. There surely have to be some under table transactions... Which would mean AAP is no different from anyone else..

If they don't then it's hung assembly and possibly re-election case (assuming congress and bjp won't support each other)

So in essence additional burden to the tax payer and waste of public money...

Let's see what happens

It would be unfair to think that every alliance is based on under-table transactions.. However, i sincerely hope that BJP now forms the govt with others & AAP exposes/stonewalls the ruling party's misdoings on every occasion, in the Legislative assembly.. that will be quite a scene.. Let them progress from Delhi..

I fail to understand "what is the big deal with re-election"??? Everyone, is saying its going to burden our economy, so and so... Even a dozen re-elections can NEVER be even 1% of a scam by congress in ONE month, imho... Its a hype, myth, BIG FAT LIE... Please DO NOT FALL PREY FOR IT..

Re-Election will force parties to bring worthy candidates.. So PLEASE stop worrying about re-elections, and do what your mind says...

True, Cong & BJP has cited the same reason while urging voters not to vote for AAP as they shall 'waste their vote'. So if you don't vote for Cong or BJP, the citizens of this country will 'waste their vote' by voting for others?

I take strong objection to such a statement as a citizen.. don't know what action election commission is even thinking of taking.. or have they ignored it completely.

If AAP is in a kingmaker position they can ask for BJP support without any compromise to they ideology.... I think if AAP has a majority they would eventually form the government.... And to take help from Congress / BJP isn't going to dent they chances then... Except Congress / BJP don't let them work...

Although it should ideally be done to 'further get into the system & cleanse it', AAP will lose a lot of credibility, as they have repeatedly said that they won't do it !

But who knows, AK may eventually do it, citing the above reason i gave...

I guess AAP would eat a lot of share of Congress and BJP .. leaving nobody in Majority .... the smaller parties will be the king makers

I have always been against smaller regional parties being given too much importance (AAP being the regional party in this case) . They eventually become blackmailers and destabilize the government. Though I am absolutely anti-Congress, I still believe if Congress had clear majority, they could have done much better than what they did in the last 5 years.

Coming to AAP, I do not think they are going to be any different. They had already called the Batla house encounter fake and tried to please a very conservative mulla. Besides I hate their filmy stunt of Gandhi topi.

Their Defence of sting operation was like it is of all parties. Deny first, blame opponents and then come with some lame excuse.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Why blindly be against all smaller regional parties, based on few historic blackmails/flip-flops by TMC/CPM/SP/BSP etc.. Anyways, one can even agree with you but AAM seems to have a different agenda altogether.. Even im not a big fan the Gandhi topi, looks awkward even on some of their core-members..

----

Finally, being a brand new party, of-course they're gonna be highly inexperienced & may falter in their leadership/administrative skills.. But don't forget, one just needs honest & hardworking bureaucrats by their side, to run this country! For politicians, its just the right intention & subsequent decisions taken, that really matter..

Edited by ACS

Counting for all 4 states starts now..

Joy, anger, frustration... all welcome.

Latest trends show arvind kejriwal ahead of his rival delhi CM Sheila Dixit. AAP has made an impressive debut in the capital.

Congress set to lose delhi.

BjP all set to sweep Rajasthan and MP

tapped from DNA

Latest trends indicate a major sweep by AAP which could be both good and bad in terms of results.MP and Raj in BJP pocket seems Congress will take Chattisgarh

Changes are inevitable!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I hope AAP do not support any one and let repoll. BJP and CON will learn lesson that way.

Some one need to garner courage to let go formation of government and let people know that they must vote very clearly.

• Like 2

If there's re-election, I am not voting for AAP again. I will go back to BJP.

I don't want them to waste my vote by thoping re-election on us. They should remain in opposition and work as a watchdog to correct the mainstream parties but not let the BJP govt. fall. As they say in cricket, they need to spend some time out in the middle to get to know the pitch.

If there's re-election, I am not voting for AAP again. I will go back to BJP.

I don't want them to waste my vote by thoping re-election on us. They should remain in opposition and work as a watchdog to correct the mainstream parties but not let the BJP govt. fall. As they say in cricket, they need to spend some time out in the middle to get to know the pitch.

Well Sir, it is your vote, your choice.

But, I request people (who ever wants to rethink about that vote), that let there be a re-election & give AAP absolute majority. A chance is must & it has to be now. Keeping same tempo live for 5 years will be too tough for AAP & by that time all latest new age media blitzkrieg (demonstrated by AAP), will be blatantly copied by other parties in those 5 years, especially when they have power to rule.

Everyone will have a transparent donation drives, twitter feeds, face book & what not !! AAP will become just another party with no differentiation. And other parties do have old age tricks like free this, free that & sometimes communal agendas & in that kind of complex scenario, AAP, may not be able to come to power again..

Time is NOW & there can't be going back. I am from Gujarat & very well aware of ground realities of how future prime minister aspirant has inflated a bubble called Gujarat Model, which many (mainly on tv/net etc) keeps repeating without knowing what exactly it is. So, personally not a great supporter of BJP. But that is my opinion based on available news literature & seeing ground realities in few of the places I have visited.

As such, I don't support any party, as every party has good candidates / as well as bad candidates, so can never generalize.

There is a thin line between truth & hype & sooner people realize it, it will be better.

A very nice article on it http://goo.gl/Tn8YqB from Frontline "Mirage of development"

Edited by silent_god

Well Sir, it is your vote, your choice.

You are a business man & you know things well. Any business man won't resist a offer to set up a plant, if he gets free (or throwaway price) land, no state taxes for few years & some kind of soft loan (to cover investment).

Well Sir, You shouldn't have bought my profession into the picture and made it personal.

Yes, it's my vote. And if AAP behaves like a 'kid in a toy shop', we the electorate should also have the good sense to put it back into place. But unlike your opinion, Kejriwal seems to have more sense when he says 'Rome was not built in a day'. I hope he sticks by that approach for now. And the "blitzkrieg" you are talking about was also talked about by a very famous gentleman - Mr. Adolf Hitler. Look where it took Germany.

I too have spoken to many friends in Gujrat. Mr. Modi and the BJP has proved itself many times around. It is one thing to remain a critic of everything and another thing all together to govern. AAP needs to behave maturely and understand ground realities and remain consistent in their approach and gradually things will change for the better, is my hope... Re-election is not the answer right now.

I would request you not to quote me or get personal and place your opinions as it is and let the "aam aadmi" make its own decision.

Edited by dkaile

there is also the possibility of BJP offering outside support to AAP for forming a Govt.

It struck me yesterday, whether Anna Hazare will now mend differences with Aravind Kejriwal & acknowledge the power/sincerity of the aam voter by supporting the Aam Aadmi Party before the 2014 Lok Sabha elections..

By then, he would at least have known the quality of MLAs that AAP had fielded (won) in Delhi.. If not for himself, he must do this for the overall betterment of the people.

Its the most logical step by the Anna camp & a win-win situation for all.. just need to see who initiates from the Anna camp as AAP won't dare ask Anna directly.

If I my memories are correct, did Anna earlier oppose AAP, not to use even his name and now supports AAP, after this victory?

If I my memories are correct, did Anna earlier oppose AAP, not to use even his name  and now supports AAP, after this victory?

Your memories are 100% correct .

Tapped from Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

AAP is just like the ambitious kid across the street ! and as far as I'm seeing , the victory of AAP is solely and wholly because of the social media free promotion they got !

Free promotion of AAP on social media?

I thought it was more of a grass-root fight in Delhi..

Anyways, it was still better than the alleged 'paid promotion' by the BJP.. still didn't help them garner votes in one of the most internet-literate state cum capital of India!

In case of re election in Delhi which seems the only possibility now AAP will either garner complete majority or become like Congress with minimal seats as the excitement will shrink in want of a govt in Delhi.So it will be either a upward or downward swing for AAP within 6 months.

i was expecting congress to win so i never bother to vote,

i was amazed that AAP beat congress so i promptly went to their site but donations were closed.

there is no point in closing donations - you miss the impluse giving factor.

to be transparent, all money collected once polling starts [or target is reached]

could be kept in escrow until the next round of campaigning.

i feel its silly for any party to turn away donors unless its illegal to accept contributions.

until then there should be a way to 'pledge' online like its done abroad so that you can be charged the amount you decide once collections reopen.

seems like bjp and aap will refuse to form majority and repolling will happen even though its not desirable.

aap might lose the novelty factor the 2nd time around and congress is bound to gain some seats since they will attack with a vengance.

^ ^ ^

Now knowing the trend, to avoid 'once again majority issue', bunch of voters will prefer to vote for the winning team.

&

As a mass psychology, bunch of voters will be tempted to vote for the winning side.

In either case BJP will get maximum benefit than the other two.

loosing-something-facebook-cover.jpg

Edited by admirer2000

i truly wish reelection happen and AAP get chance to make government with clear 2/3rd majority, let us have a test drive of proposed LOKAYUKTA bill, reduction in electricity tariff and other pro people promises. This will also show us that weather people from non political background can run the government and do good job or not.(Political people have consistently failed in so many years) If they fail, then we will come to know what is the fate of this country for next revolution and civil war.

• Like 4

Free promotion of AAP on social media?

I thought it was more of a grass-root fight in Delhi..

Anyways, it was still better than the alleged 'paid promotion' by the BJP.. still didn't help them garner votes in one of the most internet-literate state cum capital of India!

I ain't denying that AAP played a crucial role in the recent fights against corruption,for women safety etc but there are and were many such organizations existed before , its just now that because of the social media and the "share" feature that really did the trick. I prefer to be neutral in the political agenda and never vote for the party but vote for the person.

In AAP most of the people who have voted does not know who the candidate is ...they have just voted on the name of Arvind Kejriwal....which is little risky...

What happens, in case there is a re-election & again there is a split verdict leading no one to confidently, claim for power ?

After AAP's arrival, majority of parties are shying away from horse trading , backroom deals etc closing the door for alliance government.

Can there be re-election after re-election ? Shouldn't there be a more logical approach for govt formation ? Like, any party that gets maximums %age of vote share, means, most of the people want them to form govt. However, since all these people are distributed in each area, party may not have been able to garner all seats.