Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ACS

Indian Politics - The Dance of Democracy

I always feared about it.. Kejriwal is too adamant, you cannot change the system like this. This will have long lasting effects on other clean people who really wanted to join politics.

• Like 1

^^^

Yes, I am having the same fear...

I think he wanted to resign before someone toppled him. He was in such a hurry.

It was a open fact, if Janlokpal was tabled without much ground work it would fail. It seems he did this hurriedly to eject out.

I am not sure about his long term plan

i think it was misguided to ban fdi since it goes against the basic tenet of 'aam admi':

fdi in fruits / veggies result in better prices for poor farmers and lower prices for retail customers

the only people who are hurt are the middle men who have been exploiting the marginal farmers for over half a century now

also fdi in groceries reduces cpi inflation [wpi would be only marginally impacted]

just to protect 1-2% of the stake holders, kejriwal is hurting the remaining 95-96%

See the video on KJ asking reported what to edit and what to play.. though I think this is normal but probably first time leaked.

• Like 2

AK is like an LKG student who complaints anything and everything to his class teacher and he himself doing the same mischief when nobody is watching.

Sent from Droid MAXX using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Topic title changed on request of OP. :)

Please discuss here all about Elections 2014, Politics and Politicians.

• Like 2

^^^

What a good name

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

AK is giving reasons why he should not get a single vote next time they stand for elections.After drama in Delhi it was turn of Mumbai branding himself aam aadmi he poses more problems to mango man than those seasoned politicians he is blaming and against.He is proving worse than those people he opposes.

• Like 1

^^^ well that's about the same crowd an SRK or a Salman would unwantedly pull.. Maybe the AAM politicians have outgrown the name of its own party.. However, I wouldn't call it vandalism like timesnow, who play the metal detector video repeatedly but fail to see it themselves.. 'Falling' isn't vandalising!

Secondly, these AAM aadmi 'workers' are basically the aam aadmi themselves who became a bit excited & unruly.. they aren't PAID agents like MNS workers or Shiv sainiks who enjoy daaru and chicken after a day's vandalism..

Looks more like the efficient Mumbai Police were kept on standby while this was playing out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

^^^

What a good name

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

Shreesh Bhai, the name was suggested by OP of this thread (ACS). So the credit goes to him. :)

BTW, if you haven't seen the Dance of Democracy yet, than here is one for you : :winko:

http://youtu.be/zf_ps7p3tWU

• Like 2

Looks like the AAP is suffering, after a reckless charge hurled across the board, towards all media houses..

Probably, even lost a lot of credibility among many, after the 'behind the scenes' leak.

They must watch, what they talk the next time & issue an apology to the media for the time being along with a proper clarification of what AK meant OR should've articulated.. Else, if this standoff continues, the 'movement' will suffer big time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk (ACS<>Siddaga)

@KanagaDeepan

I feel that when educated ppl like us also start calling AAP the B team of the Cong, its like falling into BJP's well laid trap.. there is a big difference in joining hands/allying with the Congress (i.e. sharing ministerial berths) & in taking an outside support just to ensure someone rules the state. Here, Cong had absolutely no role to play in decision making OR governance. Fact is that both Cong & BJP got a big jolt when they saw AK beating them at their own game.. One didn't offer support thinking he wont take it and the other offered it, thinking he wont.. But that doesn't make AAP, the B team of Congress.

Finally, AK did quit like a novice, giving the silly Lokpal excuse. He had 4 months more to go before LS2014 & could've set a better track record, while asking for votes during LS2014, better than what he did for those 40-50 days. He was beginning to make some difference.. He could've caught the bigger fish, put them in trouble.

Your argument about 'Dharna against the Police, by taking Police protection' makes for a good joke but less on logical sense. There is nothing wrong with it... and yes, plz don't fall for BJPs argument again that "who will govern, if the government goes on dharna", if they sat out for 2-3 days, the world didn't come crashing down.. It wasn't a permanent dharna but for a cause that many weren't even aware of despite Sheila mentioning it before. Anyways, the Delhi public somehow seemed overjoyed, no matter what 'outsiders' thought. So they did well for a short period apart from the economically viable/unviable water & electricity dole outs which is still debatable.. At least a big % of water-chors in Delhi got legitimate water meters fixed !

However:

Didn't like that stunt of resigning from chair.

The 40% reduction in corruption claim, was unverified bull****.

Somnath of course, was a huge embarrassment.

Didn't like their Modi-appointment drama in Gujarat

The perception of 'Rigging' interviews & open Media threat were a blot on AAP.

This despite the fact that National Channels like TimesNow have become totally anti-AAP after the Mukesh Ambani episode(s) which also has been pretty clear to many of us, in the recent past. They weren't here just to win elections but to transform the way elections are fought. How will parties survive without Black money coming from Ambani, Adanis etc? If all the money spent by the govt reaches the right pockets, then the country would definitely change.. BTW, what is the current bribe & kickback rate.. Where is the scam money going, making the rich more richer and politicians equally richer ?

This friends, is more of a movement, than a party.. It has many good ppl & its not just about AK. Its still our best bet against corruption as opposed to the Anna Hazaare movement which disintegrated after the passage of a 'good' Lokpal bill & Madam ex-Delhi police Commissioner wasted no time in becoming a cheer girl for BJP, sorry Modi..

So, as per the majority Indians currently, the best option is BJP, errr sorry Modi..

Now how does one make him PM, by blindly voting for all BJP candidates, right from Kashmir to Kanyakumari? Imagine ppl across india blindly voting for thugs/criminals/rapists/cheats/money makers etc. (apart from the honest few) just to see Modi as PM. During BJP's ticket allocation, winnability surely trumps criminality. Im sure the educated youth from Karnataka would never vote for the likes of Sriramulu or Yeddyurappa, yet Modi (BJPs election chief) wants us to vote for these jokers, to become our PM?

Yeh kaisa democracy hai bhai...?

• Like 1

^^^^

First of all let me thank ACS aka Siddarth ji to express his views openly. I once felt where this topic may lead or this thread may close sooner than later due to the heat that may be generated in this topic. BUT its going smoothly till now and very happy to see everyone is polite to express their views and giving counter argument...

OK... Now let me explain my views in the same manner as ever...

Let me tell you a small MULLAH story, which I dont remember fully, and may not express it like an expert, but I know the Moral, which is pinned in my mind for long... Once King wanted to select a person for higher rank and he want him to be very very humble and noble person. Mullah on knowing this started wearing fishnet over his dress and when someone asked the reason, he said "I was once a fisher.. I will never forget my old job, especially when I am in good position now".Everyone wondered how much humble he is and the news reached King and Mullah was appointed for that post. After that appointment, he stopped wearing fishnet over his dress. When everyone asked "Oh Mullah, where is your fishnet?". For which he replied "I got the fish.. Then what is the need for fishnet??". Few people who understood that the fish he mentioned is Big_Officer_POST, wondered about his knowledge and trick.

AK is just like the Mullah in that story.. WHOLE India is angry over ruling party's bad policies and corruption. He roared as fight against corruption, cleaning up the politics, revealing scams of Vadra, all scams of Congress, this and that. Now he is big enough to be familiar with many people. The "fight against corruption" is the fishnet. The fame is the fish. Once a person known to tweeple and FBians only, is known as saviour of aam aadmi. Thats why he throw the fishnet now. If he is really against corruption and DO NOT want corrupt person to win, he should be standing in Rae Bareli right? He is NOT against corruption... He is against MODI only...

==============

ACS ji, its NOT just the Cong support in forming Delhi Govt, that I am calling AAP as Team B of Congress. To be precise, I have already clearly told the second and important reason. Has he RECENTLY blamed SONIA and Pappu as bad as or even 10% blames against Narendra Modi???? Everybody knows what is the condition of Guj 12 years back and NOW. Do you think any other Cong ruling state has flourished like this? But still he keeps on telling lies that it has not developed showing a abandoned Govt Hospital as proof (Later the real pic of shifted Hospital was shown). Hyundai chairman said around the whole world, only in Guj he didn't pay bribe to setup factory. He is clearly NOT against Congress (after getting the fish) and crystal clearly against MODI. So what is wrong in calling him a B Team of Congress? Are you believing that he is soo busy calling every one as liars and chors that he forget to blame real liars and chors now???

==============

Regarding Dharnas... Its not just 3-4 days wasted.. He has wasted almost 10% of his ruling period in Dharna and everyone including him, knows its useless... What if he become PM? Dharna on gate of Supreme Court? Election Commission office? US Embassy (reg FDI) ? Acting is NOT an activity. With great power comes greater responsibilities. He has wasted a good chance given to him and NOT looking like a responsible person. Quitters NEVER win... Another thing, I don't like in him is that he is again following the divide and rule policy of Congress. Guess who is he supporting in J&K issue?

-------

Ruling party has done too much harm to the system and economy that even if GOD came down and rule India, one year will NOT be enough for him to clear this mess.. Thats why I want a stable and GOOD Govt in Centre. Vajpayee has kept the TamilNadu - SriLanka fishermen problem in control. Vajpayee was a good ruler, but his hands are tied up all due to instable Govt and lack of own party majority. The same situation will be as useless as current Govt. AAP is not going to form Govt anyway. All they can now do is NOT allowing to form stable Govt, which I don't like

===---====

Reg Yediyurapa:- Yes, he is a very very bad guy. BJP has once thrown him away, but he has reduced the votes going to BJP, big enough to get failure. Thats why I think Modi is forced to allow him. If Yediyurapa is standing as PM candidate, I will never vote for BJP as a whole. But the one who is standing for PM candidate is a worthy candidate. He has proved that he is a responsible person and an able administrator. He is anyday better than AK and Pappu...

You are asking to see the few goons in candidate lists. I am seeing the good LEADER. I am NOT asking to vote for the goons of BJP. Let me be more clear now. I am saying that EVERY VOTE TO A PARTY thats not BJP or its allies is a vote to Congress. If the MP candidate of BJP is not a good guy, USE 49 O, instead of voting others incl AAP (This is the other reason for Congress victory in karnataka, first being Yeddy). That will be a sign to BJP to place worthy candidates and may encourage them to NOT bend to guys like YEDIYURAPPA. Please do not give a chance to congress victory. Thats what I am saying again.

-------------

As I said earlier re-election is OK, if we have a chance to bring stable Govt (like in recent Delhi polls). But Congress is soo rich and can do anything to buy get all other MPs support except BJP to form Govt, if none got majority and run Govt for five years FULL. See what happened when Communists left, last time? They bought got support of all other parties in no time. Even AAP may support them saying funny reasons in future.

====

I am NOT saying BJP is good, but better than all others and Modi is the best for now. Especially since all the bad fellows are against him is a good proof for that, imho...

The total reply by ACS ji is good, except his remark on Kiran Bedi, who has done soo much good to India and NOT like talking too much and very very little action like AK. And before framing me as BJP cheer boy or anything, let me explain, till date I have not given vote to BJP and I am just a small businessman doing printing business in Sivakasi, with NO political mark in our dynasty + I am mad enough to tell whats in my mind in public forums without fear...

• Like 4

^^^

Frankly, in the heat of the moment, I forgot her name. Therefore had to describe her as ex-comm of Delhi :)

And yes, the way many ppl have been disappointed with AAP & AK, I too feel cheated by her stand after the Anna team disintegrated. Try remembering how many times had she spoken against the BJP & Congress in the same breath.. She now conveniently separates Modi from BJP, like many of us are doing now.. Just few hours back Rajnath Singh has tried correcting the campaign slogan by calling it 'ab ki baar, BJP sarkar' instead of 'Modi Sarkar'. They strangely started feeling insecure. (If Modi leaves BJP and forms another party, whom will the voters then support ?)

Just wanted to remind all when exactly did we start feeling that AAP was a B team of the Congress.. When they raised the Vadra issue, Ambani or Sheila issue? Or maybe it's just a ploy by AAP to garner votes and get back to being corrupt like rest of the political world..?

As yes, to be fair, I missed many more disappointments of AAP like the vociferous & irritating Ashutosh, confused Shazia Ilmi, bhushan's take on Kashmir & many other 'spokespersons' all suffering from 'foot in mouth disease'. The Gujarat hospital story is another eye opener, probably the media too didn't highlight it as much, as they did to AKs allegation itself.

Never called you a cheer boy bro, you have your views.. And I'm trying my best to influence my though process.. WRONG OR RIGHT.

BTW, I just checked my name in the voter list (voted for capt Gopinath last LS elections) either it's not there or not showing up for some silly reason.. Neither am I much bothered cause the Bangalore South candidate of AAP is a nobody compared to Ananth Kumar & Nandan Nilekani. So as u suggested, although I can't use 49O, I vote for nobody instead of blind vote to AAP. It's a pity that Balakrishna Preferred fighting from Central Bangalore. I remember the Delhi scene where we had several inexperienced 28yr olds, as MLAs of AAP just because ppl wanted a change.. cannot vote for Congress indirectly too, just because I like Nandan Nilekani.

So, I'm basically a Confused voter, frustrated by the political scene, unless of course, Modi joins AAP!

Sent from my iPad using tapatalk (ACS<>Siddaga)

A very nice and detailed analysis by both ACS and ^^^^ above author

A few views from my side

Yes at present the incumbent coalition is not good.

Consider a theory where the leader is very good of a party but to make him the PM we all have to select people who belong to the party. It may so happen except the leader the other members may not worth the selection then what to do...

So my view point is rather than going for face value of leader we need to elect people who are good for the particular constituency and people of the constituency have faith on them....then only we can have an effective lok pratinidhi....

What you say freinds

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

^^^^ that's exactly supposed to be the way how MPs represent their constituencies in parliament. This is how Democracy needs to function in the first place..

Unfortunately, Rahul Gandhi spoke about it when ppl asked

about Cong's PM candidate etc. But nobody understood the crux of the issue cause nobody takes him seriously in the first place.

If everyone thinks logically & votes for his local hero, political parties in the long run will have no choice but to field good/honest candidates. Question is when will it happen and are we united in this endeavour?

This makes me now think that i must vote for Nilekani irrespective of the party he represents..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk (ACS<>Siddaga)

• Like 1

• Like 1

dear all

i fully support kanagadeepan

here we should focus on one fact that modi has demonstrated a very good governance and working system benefiting people irrespective of other issues he is blamed by many

jasmin shah

Without divulging much into good bad and stuff let me put it this way across political spectrum there has lot of mud slinging caste religion sector polarization over politicians have stooped so low this election season that it has almost become a daily affair now.UPA has had its share of scams you can keep listing them and they never seem to end.Now Congress is so desperate to keep BJP and Modi out that are ready to stoop to any level to stop them.Without entering the debate of if Modi is a good person or bad one etc all I can say lets give this man a chance and see what he can do.Ever since independence congress has been ruling india for so many years and looting us lets just see what he can do.AK and his AAP is a sheer waste of time AK is a confused man who doesnt know what he wants or is doing and people like Asutosh Shazia all are just basking under sudden fame and talking things which even cant understand and the so called third front aint happening given the composition of the people wherein everyone there aspires to be PM thats third front for you.NDA under Vajpayee ji did a comendable job according to me lets see what Modi can do.If this guy cant deliver people of Gujrat wont have voted for him 3 times there must be something in him.All the opposition can do is bask on godhra riots people of Gujrat should know better than those sitting in delhi and elsewhere and making a fuss.I dont endorse any party nor I am a BJP Representative