Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ACS

Indian Politics - The Dance of Democracy

Two funny videos I saw on youtube reflecting true state in India for you to have a laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75pNqsvjU8w&list=PLP-nGFpz3fa_0O0nN4kMLbZ6V_equSZLN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6NTAxLpHJ8

Yes, as the voting day comes closer, we must all continue to have a healthy debate on the politics of this country & how we can bring about a change especially, this election season which promises to be Electrifying !

All these days i was thinking that both the Cong & BJP had been ruling the country & their respective states for quite sometime now & like the way Delhi went for a change, we must all do so at a national level. But looks like AK's sudden abdication of power has worked against him.. most of its electorate feel cheated & many of their sympathisers are confused whether AAP can run the entire country or quit, based on silly excuses once again. I hope they somehow re-invent themselves & keep the momentum going. They can do better without loose cannons like Shazia & Ashutosh for sure.

However, it wasn't that only Congress was involved in corruption & only their candidates had criminal records. Check statistics & you will know that both national parties have fielded equal no of candidates with criminal records. But since Cong was at the power centre for 10 continuous yrs of a new India, their scams like 2G were definitely much bigger in magnitude than what Pramod Mahajan was involved in, during telecom industry's nascent stage.

I only wish that corruption-fighting Modi had taken a cue from AAP & at least done something about fielding cleaner candidates & been more transparent on their election funding. Today, an over-awed Modi fan has to press the saffron button, no matter who his potential representative at the temple of democracy will be.

As expressed earlier, i shall do my bit to bring about this change among national parties.

Im a Modi fan, i morally support the AAP movement.. But shall vote for Nandan Nilekani!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Some how I have a feeling and believe in feeling that nandan nilkeni is another MMS for Congress and ADHAR project shows that.

Without any intention to defend politicians with proven criminal background, in given legal system giving criminal label for 5 to 10 years is a joke. If you are a husband and if wife files 498A person will be behind bars for 1 day to few weeks and will remained labeled as criminal till aquitted.

We must keep in mind that our political system is gift of our collective mindset. We need to work towards development only. Eventually we will be able to take care of everything. What we are doing is distributing poverty in name of subsides, welfare schemes and other pro poor policies.

There are people critical to gujarat model but only seeing is believing. Here due to extensive industrial qnd agri development to remotest area farmers have became rich and their children are studying for engineering or medicine.

I must mention that 80% of people whom I meet are not the one who like to take risk and grab opportunity and for them life is still same. Only difference they have is their virtual wealth has increased. But they still have to sell their piece of land to cover expence of daughter marriage. Now instead of 5 lakh for a piece of land they get 25 lakh and they spend 25 lakh on marriage instead of necessary 5 lakh hence they remain at the same place. outsider meets these 80% and in my opinion they will remain like this until they are ready to accept challenge of changing times.

• Like 3

@kshah

I don't wish to defend Aadhaar or NN on his pet project since i don't possess thorough knowledge on its pros & cons. But on the Bangladeshi immigration/citizenship issue i would take this opportunity to digress from the main subject:

1) Aadhaar doesn't provide citizenship, like the way a passport does.

2) Anyone who enrolls for Aadhaar needs to provide credible ID & Address proof. Im sure local goons/politicians help Bangladeshi slums dwellers not only in obtaining these docs, but also for getting water & electricity connections.

Will withdrawal of Aadhaar stop all this?

Anyways, loopholes are always found in every system & one must look at improving.. But what really excited me about Aadhaar was that someday a mere fingerprint at a crime scene, may throw up a face in CBI offices (straight out of Hollywood films!)

Therefore, there is tremendous scope for surveillance in future, apart from the mere document it stands for today.

With regards to criminality in politics, i accept that talking about candidate crime records is fashionable & mere symbolism, as there are many many more MLAs & MPs who are perceived to be criminals & corrupt by nature but don't have a record at any Police station. This is because outsourcing of crime in India, started much before BPOs became a reality.

And yes, its unfortunate how laws in India are misused.. Thanks again to the law making parliamentarians, who ensure adequate loopholes in each law.

Therefore, im against blind voting for local candidates cause many of these MPs finally have no voice of their own. They only toe their party line & whip, while voting in the Parliament. They're in politics for 'better' reasons!

Edited by ACS
  • Like 2

Got one message by Whatsapp recently...

Against Sonia, there is NO AAP candidate...

Against hero of 2G scandal, there is NO AAP candidate...

Against Son of FM PC, there is NO AAP candidate...

Against Mr. Salman Khursid who ate money of poor handicapped people, there is NO AAP candidate...

Against Adarsh scam legend Ashok Chavan, there is NO AAP candidate...

Against Owais Siddique who is known for hatred speech against Hindus, there is NO AAP candidate...

Now you should judge that Mr.AK is fighting against corruption and anti-national elements OR working agents of Congress to divide votes of BJP..

I am sure everyone is aware that AAP is team B of Congress, but just posted it to give another reason...

• Like 3

not just movies - fingerprinting is a standard part of law enforcement investigations in all developed countries for many decades now

forensic science is making dna id a routine practice abroad

as usual we will remain 25-35 years behind current procedures

due to lack of data security audits, the biometrics stored in aadhar can also be used for fraud [implicating innocents]

do lookup how easily iphone5s fingerprint lock can be bypassed by duplicating the image of the owner's thumb

Anyways, loopholes are always found in every system & one must look at improving.. But what really excited me about Aadhaar was that someday a mere fingerprint at a crime scene, may throw up a face in CBI offices (straight out of Hollywood films!)
Therefore, there is tremendous scope for surveillance in future, apart from the mere document it stands for today.

Got one message by Whatsapp recently...

Against Sonia, there is NO AAP candidate...

Against hero of 2G scandal, there is NO AAP candidate...

Against Son of FM PC, there is NO AAP candidate...

Against Mr. Salman Khursid who ate money of poor handicapped people, there is NO AAP candidate...

Against Adarsh scam legend Ashok Chavan, there is NO AAP candidate...

Against Owais Siddique who is known for hatred speech against Hindus, there is NO AAP candidate...

Now you should judge that Mr.AK is fighting against corruption and anti-national elements OR working agents of Congress to divide votes of BJP..

I am sure everyone is aware that AAP is team B of Congress, but just posted it to give another reason...

Sirji, not only whatsapp, this has been all over the social media.. With nobody having the patience to verify before jumping into similar conclusions, such propaganda thrives..

Below link from the AAP website trashes all such misinformation against them:

http://www.aamaadmiparty.org/complete-candidate-list-2014-elections

So i guess, a candidate has been fielded against every name that has been mentioned above, from their respective constituencies like Rae bareily, Farrukabad, Nanded, Sivaganga, Nilgiris etc.

And lets not forget that calling AAP the team B on Congress, originates from the same source!

Sent from my iPad using tapatalk

I am not trying to be little Nilkeni. I judged him in the fact that he put across very important project for national security but when political system understood implications on illegal migrants and their vote bank they gradually watered down project and reduced it to merely a identity card for proof of address and DOB. Later they tried to portray it as essential tool to get subsides.

While all these drama nilkeni had no courage to put his feet down and say I HAVE NOT COME FOR SUCH STUPID PROJECT.

• Like 2

I am not trying to be little Nilkeni. I judged him in the fact that he put across very important project for national security but when political system understood implications on illegal migrants and their vote bank they gradually watered down project and reduced it to merely a identity card for proof of address and DOB. Later they tried to portray it as essential tool to get subsides.

While all these drama nilkeni had no courage to put his feet down and say I HAVE NOT COME FOR SUCH STUPID PROJECT.

I still feel, Aadhar card was ill conceived project. As many of the things that were needed to deliberate before such mammoth exercise, were left open till the end & eventually it resulted in many debates in parliament / courts etc, eventually going nowhere !!

Condition as of now, is Aadhar card serves no additional purpose. For ID, there is a PAN card, passport, driving license etc & for residence proof anyways, we require latest light bill / phone bill etc. And now, with SC saying Aadhar card can't be compulsory for subsidies, what extra help Aadhar card can offer.

Instead of spending thousands of crore on a new card, why did not they thought of making one of the existing card, more stronger. Like PAN card, Voter ID card ? Had they put in more effort for Voter ID card, strengthening, by way of fingerprints scanning etc, they could have at least avoided duplication & also side benefit will be increased participation in elections.

Eventually linking bank account to your Voter ID card & thereby making subsidy payment also possible. Aadhar card was a fancy idea & no doubt execution was done nicely, but who knows, what future govt wants to do with it ?

Sirji, not only whatsapp, this has been all over the social media.. With nobody having the patience to verify before jumping into similar conclusions, such propaganda thrives..

Very much true. Rarely people verify the facts, before jumping into similar conclusions & then, as some one said rightly in past " if you repeat a lie 1000 times, eventually people will believe it's true."

With WA/Facebook/Chat etc it is becoming more & more easy to spread misinformation.

Yes, my mistake. Since there is NO AAP candidate in our LS Sivakasi/VNR, I believed that one. But this info is circulating long back may be before AAP announcing those seats, like in phases.

But I will be happy and root for AK (like in Anna days) if his fight was REALLY against corruption = congress and not MODI, who has proved HE CAN. Even AK proved HE CAN'T with bad economy policies and clumsy rule in Delhi eg: dramas like dharna, FIRs, etc.

I am from TN, the first state which offered freebies to get votes. FREE colour TV by Karunanidhi, FREE land, Rs1/KG rice. JeyaLalitha continued and extended the same, like FREE Laptop, FREE cycle, FREE Goat, FREE Fan, FREE Mixie, Rs50 monthly grocery pack, etc... But NOBODY bothered to increase electricity wrt demand. Result: once TN has no electricity shortage, now we have TN as one of the states with more power cuts.

FREE -- The very single word which spoiled my state. I don't want that again in Central too. Because NOTHING IS FREE. Somebody is going to pay for that, Tax payers here.

Next problem is, LIQUOR.. Gundas need to sell Liquor and Govt needs to run school.. But in TN, Govt is selling Liquor and Gundas are running school. Now I am paying, what I have paid for my Engineering college as fees for my 5 year baby Jr.KG tutuion fees. All workers want to go home by 5PM and NOT ready to work even for extra amount, because of DHARU. In earlier days when Dharu is on hands of Gundas, there are duplicate liquors, more high price and workers never drink daily. But when Govt started selling Dharu, these mistakes are removed and even occassional drinkers have become daily drinkers. Now JeyaLalitha wants to become PM. Yes, since she has finished destroying TN, the next logical step is to finish nation.

And the 100 days work scheme. Workers got money for doing nothing and labour problems reached uncontrollable heights.

It is in Guj, I have seen development is possible by abolishing liquor, WITHOUT FREEBIES too. Thats why I am rooting for Modi. But AK constantly attacking Modi saying "Guj is NOT developed", blah, blah, blah, is VERY VERY IRRITATING... The one who has proved as not so worthy, blaming who has proved himself in last 12 years. Who we have to believe?

I am sure, Congress will NEVER win, even they know that too. But the BLUNDER AND THE MESS they have created, needs minimum 2 years to get cleaned, even for talented Modi. So stable Govt is a must, not like what JeyaLalitha has done to Vajpayee earlier. Ruling party BEGGING its allies will NOT help the country's development. If Modi got self-majority and need no other support, then like Gujarat, he may become permanent PM and NO CHANCE FOR CONG IN FUTURE. Thats why Congress introduced AK and AAP so that, 100% anti-congress votes should NOT go to BJP.

AK is clearly doing the SAME VOTE BANK POLITICS, Same FREEBIES, same Fake-Secularism (Anti-Hindu), Same Topi, Same CleanChit to bad guys in their party, etc...

Yes, I hate AK more than Congress, because I believed him earlier. Now I feel like cheated. Congress stabbed me on my Chest, while AK on my back. The few friends who still believe him, will surely feel cheated in future.

• Like 4

:previous:

When the FREE TV was announced itself, I thought there will be P I L and it will not take up. But to my surprise & shock, all others including the opponent kept quite to avoid bad name from Voters :bash:

The next successor - also had no choice - announced more FREEBIES and now I am worried if all the 40 is won in Tamilnadu - as targeted - what will happen to INDIA :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: .

@kanagadeepan

This is exactly the reason why i never understood awareness & advertising campaigns on 'exercising your right to vote', 'make a difference' etc etc....

After 2G, we thought DMK was the most corrupt party in TN but you have enlightened us with Amma's mis-governance apart from the earlier CBI cases against her.. In this situation whom will Uneducated voters, vote for? Whom do you expect Educated voters to vote for?

If im not wrong Mumbai & Delhi always had poor voter turn out & they were termed lazy due to the same reason. Probably, voting didn't make sense to most of the educated class in India but where was the choice? Where was NOTA?

These awareness campaigns made more sense after Modi was declared BJPs PM candidate. Let's also not forget the huge impact AAP made during Delhi elections in terms of voter turnout. Ppl started seeing hope both in Modi & in the AAP movement. Remember "AAP for Delhi but Modi for India" was the cry.

After the Delhi drama, how much of AAPs credibility has been eroded, is pretty clear.. They have been pretty poor communicators & with the media turning their back against AAP, its surely advantage Modi! In a way, ill be pretty happy if Modi makes that BIG difference!

But the thought of having undeserving BJP MPs in the parliament still makes me scratch my head. Hope that changes too, if AAP manages to lead that change, even if it can, in small numbers.

Edited by ACS

KD bro being from Chennai I can understand everybit of what you have said successive governments have spoiled the people so much that even if you Development agenda saying I will do and that for you people will simply ask what will I get if I vote for you thats the bitter truth of the day.We educated class as pointed out in the previous vote left things saying how does it matter sab chor hai why vote at all and for all parties they know compared to wooing us educated class its better to woo people under BPL and lower middle class segment with freebies.In villages and 2nd and 3tier cities people hardly bother who gets elected their focus is simply what do we get in return cant blame them too majority population know nothing good is gonna happen so better atleast reap benefits in terms of freebies.When election commission objected to freebies all political parties turned against EC as it was best way to woo voters. Yesteryears there would a tag line cost of a vote one packet briyani and 50 rs esp in Tamilnadu.These people just about distribute these freebies from our hard earned money and empty exchequers anywhere we go in chennai roads are pathetic broken but governments dont one bit on these coz again nexus if a road that lasts for 5-10 years how would cartel earn and in turn how would pay the parties.Indian politics is in dire state I seriously hope Modi can do something significant in this regard.Congress has ensured this country goes to doom in last ten years lets wait and watch what Modi can do if becomes PM as we hope to

Just a few more things I wanted to so thought will give it in a new post.During elections mudslinging potshots are known to happen and has happened in the past too.2014 election shall be remembered for sometime to come by people of India.Our Politicians as days goes by show us how much and how low they can stoop to insult or try to show somebody down.Each day one persons makes news for wrong reasons these people are trying to follow DIVIDE AND RULE POLICY OF BRITISHERS ensure people fight among themselves polarize voters based every possible category and ensure we win.But we Indians have seen enough to look beyond this nonsense and do what is right.Our so called leaders seem to have been so lost and without agenda that they speak utter rubbish and nonsense each day.Yesterday they have started a personal attack on Modi if a person doesnt live with his wife how can he respect women.I mean where are these people getting to.I really hope this nonsense stops and something in terms of development and betterment happens in coming days and years

• Like 1

I got below article and not sure whether it is truly appeared in NY times, but really worth reading...

Here is an article from New York Times.While many of our own papers and tv channels deplore India, here is a view from

THE INDIAN ELECTIONS - NEW YORK TIMES

It is truly the greatest show on Earth, an ode to a diverse & democratic ethos, where 700 million + of humanity vote, providing their small part in directing their ancient civilization into the future.

It is no less impressive when done in a neighborhood which includes de-stabilizing & violent Pakistan, China, and Burma.

It's challenges are immense, more so probably than anywhere else, particularly in development & fending off terrorism -- but considering these challenges & its neighbors, it is even more astounding that the most diverse nation on Earth, with hundreds of languages, all religions & cultures, is not only surviving, but thriving.

The nation:

where Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism & Sikhism were born, which is the second largest Muslim nation on Earth;

where Christianity has existed for 2000 years;

where the oldest Jewish synagogues & Jewish communities have resided since the Romans burnt their 2nd temple;

where the Dalai Lama & the Tibetan government in exile reside;

where the Zoroastrians from Persia have thrived since being thrown out of their ancient homeland;

where Armenians, Syrians & many others have come to live;

where the Paris-based OECD said was the largest economy on Earth for 1500 of the last 2000 years, including the 2nd largest, only 200 years ago;

where 3 Muslim Presidents have been elected,

where a Sikh is Prime Minister & the head of the ruling party a Catholic Italian woman,

where the past President was also a woman, succeeding a Muslim President who as a rocket scientist is a hero in the nation;

where a booming economy is lifting 40 million out of poverty each year & is expected to have the majority of its population in the middle class already, equal to the entire US population, by 2025;

where its optimism & vibrancy is manifested in its movies, arts, economic growth & voting, despite all the incredible challenges & hardships;

where all the great powers are vying for influence, as it itself finds its place in the world.

Where all of this is happening, is India and as greater than 1/10th of humanity gets ready to vote, it is an inspiration to the entire World.

— V Mitchell, New York, NY

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 5

JUST IMAGINE...

Had there been able leaders with dedication to focus only on development and not on power like Mr.Lee in singapore

Had there been no corruption or enough strong measures to eliminate it,

Had there been no vote bank politics.

Had there been laws strong enough to prevent guilty escape from punishment.

IMAGINE WHERE INDIA WOULD HAVE BEEN AND ITS REPUTATION IN THE ENTIRE WORLD

• Like 2

Do we need,

a person like Hitler

or

another EMERGENCY

- to straighten up things which has gone worse in our country?

• Like 1

Those harsh treatments may not be good, except say FAST CHANGE. If the man who controls is good, it will bring FAST GOODNESS and if the man who controls is bad, IT WILL BRING DISASTER FAST.

:previous:

For some ailments shock treatment is necessary.

know-pain-know-gain-no-pain-no-gain-tank

Indian Election on American Oliver show

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Viral-video-John-Oliver-lambasts-western-media-for-ignoring-Indian-elections/articleshow/34370171.cms

Viral video: John Oliver lambasts western media for ignoring Indian elections

Apr 29, 2014, 01.32PM IST TNNspacer.gif[ Karnika Kohli ]

NEW DELHI: "Let's begin by dealing with Gandhi first. I know, I know, it's not the first time that's been said in a British accent."

Emmy winning writer John Oliver, who was a guest host on 'The Daily Show with Jon Stewart', recently got his own show called 'Last Week Tonight with John Oliver' and with its very first episode, the British comedian has become a social media favourite in India.

Oliver dedicates a 10-minute segment to the Indian elections, which with over 800 million eligible voters, is the largest exercise of democracy in human history, something that the American media is completely ignoring.

Oliver begins the segment by showing a clip of debates on American news channels about the Indian elections, where a guest can be seen saying, "India is not even in the same hemisphere and there's no point of discussing it."

Then he moves on to mock Congress' vice president Rahul Gandhi, calling him 'Indian Hans Solo' and pointing out how despite his political lineage is likely to lose to a 'tea seller'. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I saw that video yesterday and felt that it was making mockery of election and was bad taste.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

The dance is over..

dont know whose point of view won

whether the win has been fair or unfair

but surely the democracy won!

• Like 1

Best part is that, BJP has aquired 272 figure itself. Modi will be free from so many hassles because of conditional support from its alliances.

Saw one funny tweet...

It is good for Congress to win below 50 MPs this election. They can now form Whatsapp group without missing even one MP.

• Like 1