Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vakharia

How are the sellers sourcing phones?

And also to add to Genius's post, 0.5% of stocks are stolen between landing at port and transfer to stocking centers

I can confirm since I am that thief - anyone interested in franchisee contact via pm

• Like 5

^^^

Sent u a PM!

tapped from DNA

• Like 2

Denied as you are too young - focus on studies now and come back in 5 years

• Like 4

Ha ha ha ... Man this is getting serious !!!! I guess people need to enjoy what the community is offer them . If somebody has any problem then dont come here !!!!!

• Like 1

Denied as you are too young - focus on studies now and come back in 5 years

Give me training in my vacations

tapped from DNA

^^^^

And one such Dr liked your post too ;p

:dontknow:​ daaktar saab, kisi bhi HUB mein koi job vacent hai kya... :depressed:

• Like 2

Seriously, this topic wasn't needed at all! Enjoy what the forum offers you, if you have any doubts, ask them before making such huge assumptions such as"SMUGGLING" . I have never seen such a forum wheee in all the people know each other so well and even though each of them are into getting good deals for everyone, they never have let anybody down in this forum. Take me for example.before 3 yrs I was just a school guy who knew nothing about this, but after coming here and seeing everyone so polite, so friendly , it just gives a warm feeling to the heart seeing that there is a place wherein there has never been any issue with anyone whatsoever! !!! Hats off rimwebians

#bestforumever

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by ankurcshah
  • Like 5

post-3349-0-15626000-1386211155_thumb.jp

post-3349-0-15626000-1386211155_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Genius is truly genius.. :hi2:

Genius bhai ki is story pe ek movie bhi ban chuki hai - Gunaaho ka Devta :w00t:

Aur ab uska sequel bhi aane waala hai - Gunoaao ka Devta Returns :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido:

• Like 1

The first time I read it.. I really believed it to be true..

kid me

• Like 2

The first time I read it.. I really believed it to be true..

kid me

I too believed that now all the secrets of underworld are revealed... :) :) :)

@Genius bhai - koi movie script likhne ka project shuru karo... Superhit movie banegi - 1st week me hi 500 Crore ka business karne waali :-)

• Like 1

To the OP & all others who are concerned about BAD ESN phones,

1) There is no way for sellers here to offer latest smartphones for such low prices if some of those phones(if not all) are not BAD ESN.

2) The second thing, the people who are looking to use these phones in both India & US are very few(I can even say negligible, I only saw one person requesting a phone that can be used both in India & US in Handset request thread in this forum). If a particular person wants to use in that way he can always check with the seller, I don't think any seller here will lie about it. And how many days you gonna be in US, may be few months at max, hence you tend to get a SIM from some Pre-Pay network operators over there(almost all of them are GSM based) and if you buy a phone of Sprint & Verizon, you aren't gonna be able to use it with any GSM operator in US no matter if it is a Clean ESN or BAD ESN, of course you can overcome those restrictions in some phones.

3) Contrary to the some people's assumption that the maximum percentage of BAD ESN phones are being sold to buyers outside USA, most of the BAD ESN phones are bought by US buyers themselves as there are many other network operators that accept BAD ESN(note: BAD ESN is doesn't necessarily be a stolen phone) phones of big network operators like Verizon & Sprint. And you may not know, but there are lot of ways to make them work with the same carriers too. And there are very few operators that are using CDMA outside US.

And to wrap this up & with due respect to OP, I too think & agree with some people who said this topic or thread is unnecessary except for a good reading of a nice fiction story by Genius, because we all know how the sellers import items from US to India, asking their source(or from whom they buy) is just not right, as some one pointed out correctly that you are not gonna ask a retailer in your town from which wholesaler they are buying & at what prices, if you do I'm sure you'll be show the way out of his shop, they why ask here.

Those are my two cents, sorry if those hurt any one.

• Like 4

Is there no centralised directory of bad ESN?

Is that a business idea, someone can take forward?

I know this not related to topic..

My dad keeps warning every time I buy from here... that it must be stolen phone and you will get stuck some day

I assure him with background of people whom I deal as well as the scale at which these transactions are done..

But if you look from Indian context, there are so many shops selling premium phones at cheap rates. How do we know whether those are stolen phones or buy back phones sold at cheap rates?

Is there no centralised directory where we can check?

A website or sms service which would provide status?

like the getstat on reliance platform... but something which can work across telecom operators and handset manufacturers?

:previous:

You can google 'How To Check Bad Esn' you will have plenty of options, some of them work & some not. @Gurugopal, has mentioned two such sites in the first page of this thread.

Coming to the fears of your father that you would be stuck with a stolen phone, I'm sure this is the common doubt prevailing in many of this forum. Let me explain it first what BAD ESN means,

1) A phone becomes BAD ESN if the user doesn't pay his/her bill & choose to stop using the respective network operator services with out paying a final settlement fee. This is b'cause unlike in our country, most of the US carriers offer the gadgets(not only smartphones but tablets, cameras too) at subsidized price or some times even for free with a 2-year contract. So, if the respective user doesn't use the respective operator services till the end of 2-year time period, the network operator looses money. Hence, to disable people repeating this, operators like Verizon, AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile, blocks the respective ESN/MEID on their networks(in GSM operators case, the MEID will be barred to be used in the entire US). But those phones can be perfectly used in other countries if you are able to unlock or program it to be used on your network operators(in our case, we use CDMA phones on Reliance & TATA). As I mentioned in my previous post, BAD ESN(CDMA phones) can be used even in US itself with other carriers. The best example I can give you people resembling this scenario is, Post-Paid connections, after using for a month or two if you don't pay the bill the operator gonna barr that number to be used, right?. And as you all know, Reliance offering a subsidized Iphone 5C & 5S with monthly rental about 3-5k(not sure the correct amount) with very little or no upfront fee, this is exact model how US operators offer phones to their customers. Now think about this, if you subscribe Reliance subsidize Iphone 5C or 5S and if you don't pay after a month or two and like to keep it with you or sell it to others, there is so much money Reliance will loose in that case, right?. Hence they gonna block that ESN/MEID to be used on their network or may be in India itself.

2) A phone becomes BAD ESN/MEID if it is been reported to be stolen, there are two cases in this case itself. One is that there are really stolen phones & other is phones that are reported as lost/stolen to just claim the insurance & get new phone(so in essence you are getting two phones for a single phone price, that too at a subsidized price). And the second case is the most common thing that the people not only in US but even in UK will do. They just buy it for a subsidized price, sell it for a retail price, and claim that it is stolen or lost, get the new phone with out paying anything. So, forget about the sellers selling here, even if you buy a good ESN/MEID phone directly from US from various sites like Ebay, Craigslist US & get it over here, there is always chance that the phone is being reported as lost/stolen by the original owner(many times original owner is seller himself) even before the item reached you in India.

So if you want to absolutely sure that you want to use Good ESN phone(which makes no sense in my opinion) then you need to buy the phones for full prices(usually around $649+ taxes) from Sprint & Verizon, which you can't do it from India, you've to have some one using their services in US.

Implications of BAD ESN on us: There will be no issue if you use BAD ESN phones in India, whether they have been blocked for non-payment or they have reported as lost/stolen, you don't even need to think about it. As I said in my earlier post, if you are purchasing a phone to be used for your US trip(in which case you tend to buy a pre-paid service to be used during your stay) don't buy it all b'cause there are very few phones from Verizon & Sprint(almost none except Photon 4G, you have to flash some other models' models to make it work) that can be used in US with GSM operators over there, irrespective of the fact that they are BAD/Good ESN. I think people getting confused by comparing these phones with the phones that are being sold in 'Chor markets' that you usually see in big cities like Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Delhi & Chennai etc., remember this, as long as you don't buy an Indian model(which is been reported as stolen/lost) you are fine with it. Heck even if it is an Indian model, you have to file a FIR & ask operators to block it then only that MEID is barred, otherwise the other person will be enjoying at your cost.

So All I want to say is don't worry if the phone is BAD ESN, you will not face any issues in using them.

Edited by st_7
  • Like 2

Wait Wait Wait ........ab hum aa gaye hai

All is well in well and war..... i shall clear things for all of you - many in the forum also dont know this

Importing and running CDMA phones is not one men job, there is one HUB of operation at a time and previously it was Mumbai and now its Raipur, let me clear this more, I am in-charge of importing and provenience and selling, under me there are centers who do there respective job.

As you can see from my status - Arun loves me and for that very reason i have been given this opportunity to do this, only who writes this has command over reputed sellers.

Now lets get started:

I Import phones from USA and few from UK and china, for this i have tie-ups with 2 agencies in respective countries, now all the phones are of good ESN or MEID as they are never activated and just shipped to my collector in NY. The agents work in small town to remain low

The best deals in sets are searched by our mumbai thana office

Once reaching NY the phones are inspected and shipped to 2 ports in India (kolkata or delhi)

Upon reciept of phone one is send to RnD center in Nasik one is given to top reliance guy

when RnD is done its parameters are registered its ready to rock its goes to our review center in Merut where each parameters are tested by edge of SWORD

kolkata centre holds major stock and so is pune centre

then 70% of the stock are shipped to nearly 9 sellers in ebay and 19% remains for forum 10% local sales and 1% for me

Nearly 70% of ebay and other market is supplied by me, 80% of sellers sell my phone

I am looking for a partner to join me - intrsted

Lets take this UP......

Minissha%201%20(3)_630.jpg

you all have by now guessed that story is fake but its there with real characters who are non fictional all you have to do is name that character or instances that i have hinted which i have marked with RED and BOLD on above post or if you cant name hint us and we will understand.

JUst one name per member so others also get the chance......

winners get Pappi from .......

tn1_minisshalamba41_vvltm.jpg

I'll open with the 1st q

Mumbai = sadikk

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

I cannot accept to name any person with "top reliance guy" if it is not Hetalji.

Haha.. LOL . you are really GENIUS mr. Genius... BTW your obession with beautiful ladies is just un-matchable... your posts refreshens the mood :SI:

So I would not name all as others also need to contibute. So just 1 or umm chalo 2 :yes:

Nasik = Mr. Hetal

Kokatta = Mr. Parin

And Mr. Genius am giving away the 2 pappi's I earned to you.. have it .. enjoy it :winko:

Edited by mcwintek

It has to be Parin in Kolkata

review center in Merut where each parameters are tested by edge of SWORD- Dheeraj Ji

Isharo ko agar samjho, raaz ko raaz rehne do...

Don't reveal the suspense...

• Like 2

Damn!! all the ways that I know to get pappies are gone! lol

• Like 2