Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Jignesh_patel6744

How To Downgrade Samsung Note 2 GSM India Version To JellyBean 4.1 From 4.3?

Hi,

My Samsung Note - 2, Official Indian Phone got upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.3 Build : JSS15J.N7100XXUEMK4 from its software upgrade option.

But i am facing lot of issues with the newer version like, performance has become very poor, lot of Lagging, slowness, TouchWIZ error etc.

so getting bugged to use the version. Only + point is battery works better and looks are little crispy...

I need help to downgrade it back to the older version of Jellybean 4.1 which used to come with new phone.

Also i need official OS and not edited or custom ROMs.

Please help me how to do this.....

Thanks in Advance.

Same issue also in sprint note2 .mk4 4.3 is very very slow.i downgraded it on 4.1.1 stock.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

as you have taken OTA 4.3, your bootloader is not knox locked,

So normal stock wont help you.

you need to brake knox security on bootloader and downgrade.

Dr Ketan rom will help you

here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46861777

Why u need to downgrade. Try with other custom ROMs like ditto Rom or Dr.Ketans Rom.

Right now i am on Ditto Rom and its fast.

Why u need to downgrade. Try with other custom ROMs like ditto Rom or Dr.Ketans Rom.

Right now i am on Ditto Rom and its fast.

I have to downgrade as phone has become very very slow and giving lot of performance issue....but is it safe to move it to custom ROMs ? as this is official Indian phone....Please suggest.

as you have taken OTA 4.3, your bootloader is not knox locked,

So normal stock wont help you.

you need to brake knox security on bootloader and downgrade.

Dr Ketan rom will help you

here is the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46861777

I saw on my mobile that KNOX only icon is showing...if i click it is asking to download and install.....so is it locked or no....and do i have to go through the procedure mentioned in your link....can you explain little detail about bootloader lock / unlock....i am not clearly understanding it......so is it not simple that i have ODIN and ROM ...i can start the phone in download mode and just flash it...??

^^^

As you have already downgraded, no need to follow that link.

You can move to custom rom of your choice, it you follow correct process of installing custom rom, it won't damage your phone.

Also Max to Max your phone will be soft bricked, which can be recovered by Odin flash.

Also you can revert to stock from custom . Any time you want.

So will strongly suggest you to go ahead and try it .

Sent from my Hydro

^^^

As you have already downgraded, no need to follow that link.

You can move to custom rom of your choice, it you follow correct process of installing custom rom, it won't damage your phone.

Also Max to Max your phone will be soft bricked, which can be recovered by Odin flash.

Also you can revert to stock from custom . Any time you want.

So will strongly suggest you to go ahead and try it .

Sent from my Hydro

I have not downgraded it yet.....i just see KNOX yet to be installed ...but right now its still Android 4.3 only....and can we get the original ROM which is given by samsung with new phone...? so we can switch it to the original phone OS....and installing ROM is with Odin only na ? or is there any other way to do it ?

Just check if your bootloader is stil 4.3 or below. Kn0x is introduced in all samsung devices on 4.3 weather its OTA or Manual, im not sure if you can downgrade.