Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
st_7

[Confirming] Sprint LG G2 OMH & GSM Capabilities

I've bought two Sprint LG G2 on Craigslist, US from some one who claimed himself as Sprint Employee & the phones were GSM unlocked. Almost after a month and after sending the Christmas Gift worth of Rs.9,300(Customs + Shipping) to both Chennai Customs Officials & DHL :censored3: , I finally have this bad boy in my hand. Today I tested its GSM capabilities(to see if the seller indeed unlocked it for GSM or not) as well as Reliance CDMA OMH. Thankfully both are working wonderfully.

My Observations: 1) I noticed it has better signal reception than any other phone or HTC One (which I also tested briefly & posted my findings in this thread) both in GSM mode as well as CDMA RUIM mode. I live in very poor network coverage area, the only 3g signal that I can see in my area is Idea, so tested it with Idea, it is getting signal strength around 85dbm which is excellent considering where I live(how poor the network coverage I'm in) & I also have Reliance Netconnect + data card, which gets very poor reception(after complaining multiple times, Reliance technical team said that I'm edge of EVDO coverage) but this thing hovers around 79-87dbm which is too good considering where I live.

2) There is no 'Roaming' triangle symbol on this phone(which I've reported in HTC One case in this thread) while using Reliance RUIM, so people who do care about cosmetic things feel happy that in all ways it is perfect. The network name while in Reliance RUIM Mode it shows 'Reliance' in some weird characters(only R & e shown correctly), it's not that it effects the functionality but just mentioning for the sake of it.

post-75464-0-95265100-1388312727_thumb.p post-75464-0-32619100-1388312770_thumb.p

Edited by st_7
  • Like 3

Great news!!

+1

Edited by ni0987

Was ur gsm part was unlocked by sprint or by 3rs party source?

Also dis ruim worked without any tweek?

Is it with modded sim or normal omh?

^^^

As it was mentioned, I bought the phone from a Sprint Rep or employee, so it is unlocked through Sprint, as there is no 3rd party unlock method found out yet. And about the RUIM part, you can read my other thread about HTC One OMH, that's what I've done, no modded sim or anything(I don't even know if any modded sim is or are available for Android phones, sorry I'm relatively noob in these).

I have heard about modded sim being used on HTC Evo design, Bionic and a couple of other handsets to get voice, text & data working for cdma.

Hiteshbhai can u shed some light on modded sim/ruim

@St_7 please request you to extract the modem.bin file from your phone and request you to host it somewhere. The modem.bin has the unlock commands in it. It would help everyone to unlock the gsm section of the mentioned phone.

• Like 2

@Vinod, Sorry mate, the item is already packed back into its box to be sold to some one else. I'm not in a position to tinker with it.

Damn man I had all the thigs ready. You said you had 2 phones. Both sold ? If available I dont mind to buy the other phone just for the unlock.

Just confirming [my observations] the capabilities for mango people woh dont have the Developer / Sprint Employee version of the phone..

- GSM does not work out of the box on the phone, root and system tweaks are required as mentioned by Vinod Nayak in a separate thread.

- RUIM only works for call / text, data does not work even after doing changes as advised by OP.

Edited by nishsuxx
  • Like 2

Anyone got the Verizon G2 here?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Can you provide me system.ui from /system/app/ and build.prop from /system/ to pvinodnayak@gmail.com

Just confirming [my observations] the capabilities for mango people woh dont have the Developer / Sprint Employee version of the phone..

- GSM does not work out of the box on the phone, root and system tweaks are required as mentioned by Vinod Nayak in a separate thread.

- RUIM only works for call / text, data does not work even after doing changes as advised by OP.

i confirm data works on reliance cdma omh... all you need to do is make the handset ruim only through dfs...

Edited by kmc251
  • Like 1

I can also confirm that data works on both Reliance and Tata CDMA without any hasstles. Just the single change mentioned above needed.

• Like 1

Can you provide me system.ui from /system/app/ and build.prop from /system/ to pvinodnayak@gmail.com

Sent...

• Like 1

Hitesh thank you.

Can somebody please tell me what the customs duty will be if I import a LG G2 ?

Thanks.

i confirm data works on reliance cdma omh... all you need to do is make the handset ruim only through dfs...

I can also confirm that data works on both Reliance and Tata CDMA without any hasstles. Just the single change mentioned above needed.

Thanks guys for confirming this ... i think my friend has done something wrong, anyway he has got it working in NV mode.

Can somebody please tell me what the customs duty will be if I import a LG G2 ?

Thanks.

http://www.ppobox.com/calculator.aspx

The above link is only for approximation, PPOBox is having issues lately [search this forum], so if you`ll use any other service... cost will be higher [Read 1 - 2K or a bit more in your case]

Guys....Can you please tell me if I can set the device to RUIM only mode using any free software or is purchasing CDMA WorkShop / DFS absolutely necessary ?

Atleast are there any cheaper alternatives ? DFS costs more than the phone itself at $600, CDMA WorkShop - $100...

Guys....Can you please tell me if I can set the device to RUIM only mode using any free software or is purchasing CDMA WorkShop / DFS absolutely necessary ?

Atleast are there any cheaper alternatives ? DFS costs more than the phone itself at $600, CDMA WorkShop - $100...

Try using cdma workshop 2.7... It should do it... Haven't tried it as I'm using paid version... But it should definitely work...

For just 1 phone u can take a paid service & get ur phone programmed than buying DFS

it would be cheaper

the problem with paid service is that every time I have to change the settings I will have to shell out money.....will prefer doing it myself...I play with my phones a lot. Custom Roms

Anyways, its still a option....thanks.

How much does it cost for a paid service ?

the problem with paid service is that every time I have to change the settings I will have to shell out money.....will prefer doing it myself...I play with my phones a lot. Custom Roms

Anyways, its still a option....thanks.

How much does it cost for a paid service ?

Programming is one time, custom Rom installation is not programming. By your above statement you proved that you have no clue about flashing devices. I suggest you stay stock and get the phone programmed FOR now. Learn about rooting devices, custom recovery installation & everything related to modifying any phone.

The reason in saying this it's only to prevent you from BRICKING your device to a point of no return. After this your 600$ software is of no use.

• Like 1

I understand...Thanks

I have some knowledge of rooting, custom roms and custom recoveries....I have custom roms on both my tab and phone and keep updating them regularly.

But I have to admit..I am a CDMA virgin and have no clue about flashing -NV,RUIM etc....but I would like to learn though....going by the posts here, people seem to be very helpful :)

XDA seems to have made some good progress in unlocking the GSM part of the device....I am still waiting to get the device delivered...will be able to try those custom roms out once I have it. Now the only thing that remains is setting the phone in RUIM only mode...