Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
metalsnake

Questions regarding handsets with Bad ESN

Hi All,

I am curious regarding phones which are being sold for low prices on sites like Ebay in United States labeled as Bad ESN. What i have read so far is that a Bad ESN phone cannot be used in the same country as the carrier will Blacklist the ESN to be used in US. However, many users have confirmed that they were able to use the device outside the country. I wish if someone can clarify few questions based on the same topic. I apologize if some of these questions seems dumb as i don't have a better understanding of things when it comes to CDMA.

1. Is it possible to use such phones in a different country

2. If one can use it in a different country would that only apply to Global phones or any CDMA device

3. Is it even possible to get the MEID registered with a CDMA carrier in India for such phones

4. If its a Global phone with Bad ESN, can it be used for both CDMA and GSM or only GSM

Will appreciate if someone can help me with above questions.

:hypocrite: I am not being sarcastic but your questions show that you have read very less in this forum..

I am trying to answer your questions here (fellow members: please add/update if I miss something)

1. Is it possible to use such phones in a different country

Yes offcourse because ESN is being declared bad in originating country only in this case US.

2. If one can use it in a different country would that only apply to Global phones or any CDMA device

Global phones means the phones, that could be used on both GSM as well as CDMA network, could be used either by unlocking the GSM or by registering the MEID with CDMA service provider.

3. Is it even possible to get the MEID registered with a CDMA carrier in India for such phones

Yes

4. If its a Global phone with Bad ESN, can it be used for both CDMA and GSM or only GSM

Yes both

• Like 1

1. Yes. Requires flashing to other carrier/ international GSM unlock.

2. Any CDMA phone (Provided it can be flashed without issues)

3. Yes.

4. Both GSM and CDMA.

• Like 1

Read few of the topics in forum

M sure u will get each and every details of your query.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2