Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hiteshkkk1

USA B1 / B2 Visa Discussion

Hello Friends..

I am willing to go on a holiday with my wife n 6 yrs kiddo to USA in may 2014 for 15 days & in process of applying US visa (B2 - visitor). Some facts about my profile...

I & my wife are working in financial services field since 2006. She is a registered sub borker as well as an Insurance agent. I am a registered mutual fund adviser as well as insurance agent. We both show income of around 12-15 lacs before depriciation n tax n my HUF around 2-3 lacs. Our kid is 6yrs old. We jointly owe a office in Jalgaon as well as in Pune. Our client base is around 500 families. Apart from that we have quite good investments in our name divided in shares & mutual funds. Our house we stay in is owned by my father. We have never visited any country abroad. We have sufficient funds in bank a/c as on date to fund our holiday. On family front, we stay with our parents n I have only 1 sister married n staying with in laws.

Need some guidelines for below queries...

1. I have a friend in USA who is on work visa since last few years. I also have some relatives (not blood but distant) who are US citizens & there since 10+ years. Do I get an invite from any of above and attach it to my application? Or, does it works negatively?

2. Do i mention Kutchi in languages known apart from Hindi, english n marathi?

3. Any other points to be noted in whole process?

Considering above scenario, what would be fair chances of allotment of visa? or it wud be just waste of time?

Expecting helpful replies...

TIA...

B1/B2 visa for business traveller. I would rather advise you to apply for tourist visa. They are now a days little lenient with tourist visa. The reason being, lot of tourists have avoided US due to recent dollar rise and also middle east (Dubai) and other regions are more economical.

I wont advice going for B1/B2 visa looking at your profile.

I am talking about tourist visa only...

As far as I know, B2 is tourist visa..

Check this site here : http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/types_of_visas/tourism-/-business.html

Text reads as :

The United States offers a ten-year, multiple entry visa for adult applicants. Most applicants applying for a nonimmigrant visas are visitors for business (B1) or tourism (B2). The two categories of visa are usually issued together as a B1/B2 visa.

Dear friend

Your back ground and my back ground is almost 100% tallied with one more professional qualification of mine. I attended for an interview at chennai on 12.12.12 and I got the visa along with my wife. Me and my wife got the visa for 10 years. They just asked me the passport of my daughter staying in miniapolis and one question they asked me how much time I would stay in us. I answered 3 months. My advice is get an invitation from one of your relative and do not mention other distant relatives or friends. Keep that invitation also with you. They may ask or not. You can mention about the kutch language. Be honest in all your questions and body language. Applying for VISA is not a waste. I think you would get the visa 100%. You can online fill the application and pay the amount online, attend for the taking of photo and finger prints and interview. You must impress the issuing authority that under any circumstances, you would not stay in US, if they ask any question about the same. Best of luck. You are sure to get visa.

Babulu

• Like 1

You should apply only for a B2 visa and specify as tourist. I dont think you need any reference / invitation while applying for a tourist visa. During filling the online application form you may have to specify any contact point in US better a US citizen/POI rather than a friend on work visa. As long as you can prove that your intent is only for tourism and you can convince the VISA officer that you have compelling reasons to return back to India, Then you will definitely get the Visa.

You need to primarily show maximum immovable assets either in your name or your wife's name. Also if you have not planned your itinerary then you can also add a destination , either middle east or Europe for a day or two during RETURN and show the ticket booking / accommodation details which can increase your chances but not mandatory. Be prepared with all the docs( blocked tickets, accommodation confirmation, etc..) as they may or may not ask for more details. It all depends on the Visa officer. But with your profile I am sure you have maximum chances of getting US visa. All the best..

• Like 1

1. Try for Tourist visa for all 3 of you. Mostly you will get Multi Entry Tourist visa for 10 years.
  2. Be honest. All 3 of you have to talk the same truth individually or collectively.
  3. Keep all yours & your wife's original property documents in hand when you attend the Visa interview. You have to prove - on demand - that your returning to India is important / worth rather than migrating with whole family in USA.
  4. Check if there is any wedding or important family / friend's function is there to attend during your trip. It can be even Baby shower, Birthday, Wedding Anniversary or any such function also it is ok. You can mention that you w'd like to combine your tour to attend that celebration too. Invite for the function even a scanned copy or in the form of email is sufficient. Otherwise having just one address in USA (@ point of entry) is sufficient instead of listing distant relatives.
  5. Prepare a tentative itinerary for your tour and not to forget to add important tourist spots in USA Amusement parks like Disney Land, Sea World. . . ., Museums in Washington, Liberty statue in NY, Niagara, Golden Bridge of SF etc etc.

Wishing you all Success :)

PS:-

It is worth visiting Canada too - especially Niagara Falls from Canadian side. So after getting USA Visa, apply for Canadian visa - at least single entry for Niagara.

• Like 1

Dear friend

Your back ground and my back ground is almost 100% tallied with one more professional qualification of mine. I attended for an interview at chennai on 12.12.12 and I got the visa along with my wife. Me and my wife got the visa for 10 years. They just asked me the passport of my daughter staying in miniapolis and one question they asked me how much time I would stay in us. I answered 3 months. My advice is get an invitation from one of your relative and do not mention other distant relatives or friends. Keep that invitation also with you. They may ask or not. You can mention about the kutch language. Be honest in all your questions and body language. Applying for VISA is not a waste. I think you would get the visa 100%. You can online fill the application and pay the amount online, attend for the taking of photo and finger prints and interview. You must impress the issuing authority that under any circumstances, you would not stay in US, if they ask any question about the same. Best of luck. You are sure to get visa.

Babulu

Thats the main point I have in mind. I dont have any near ones in USA either by citizenship or on work permit.

Though I am very close to my relatives who are US citizens, but they are very distant relatives & dont have any direct family relationship with me.

So, my point was, does it makes sense to get invite from these distant relatives (can be termed as friend)?

Have one more query... Can we decide time slot for biometrics n visa appointment? I wud prefer biometrics after 3pm.. Or they just give option of date n time would be allotted automatically?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You can term them as friend as they are distant relatives. You can get invitation from them citing some function. You can choose the biometric time as per your convenience.

• Like 1

Finally submitted all the 3 applications..

Waiting for fee payment of 31200/- thru IMPS on Monday..

Will book appointment in next or next to next week.

I've got invite scan copy from my distant relative n mentioned about his name n address in the form n relation as friend..

Lets hope for the best...

• Like 1

Dont worry. There is nothing you have to be concerned. I had just now got Business visa for 10 yrs.

Day 1 : You have biometric in TPL house cenatoph road, chennai.

Its just a 1 minute process. You have to be there at spot before 30 mins. There your photo. Thumb impressions everything will be taken.

Day 2 : is the visa interview. Its in US consaulate, Gemini fly over chennai.

There try to come before 2 hours. Also please note, dont even take your mobile or wallet along with you. Just take the money you needed to go back in you pocket. Because if you have something you need to keep it in an outside locker. Which I didnt feel safe, even though I have seen people keeping there.

There after usual security checks, You will be given a token number. Once they call, you will be interviewd by an US guy. There is nothing as such as interview. Mostly they will be asking your purpose of visit. Where you are visiting and your relation with person over there.

Dont worry. The key point should be confidence - Say answers with confidence but never forget to have a smiling face for every answer. Even when your turn comes, just wish the person with a smile.

mostly they wont check your documents and this visa interview will be over by 5 mins. Also give them a positive thinking that for sure you will come back to India :-)

Also check this site, it gives the experience of people who went for interview before

http://www.immihelp.com/experience/view-1-72-business_visa_b1visa.html

Edited by harismahesh
  • Like 1

:previous:

Thanks hari..

This would be quite helpful..

My center is Mumbai..

Planning to book appointment for next week...

All the Best Hitesh Bhai ... Hari ji covered the whole process..
since you center is in mumbai keep in mind Us consulate and biometric center is 1 km apart not walkable but rick is available

near biometric center there is visa appoint assistance center if you are not traveling by your car n driver

you can take their services on visa interview date (for charges) i think they cover transportation from biometric center to consulate and back

coupon include snacks and coffee .. advantage is they have ac waiting lounge near biometric center and

also have services to make any correction (in required) in your visa application. (please carry enough xerox as no one is near by.

if you have your own vehicle and driver then all is not required. also make sure to tell you driver

not to park near us consulate .. even if he is sitting in car challan fat jata hai ...

last yr done dad's visa so noted this point in mind :) i am currently in pune but if you need any help mumbai let me know

keep smiling and get ready for trip :)

ps. also take courier services for ur passport for delivery after stamping it always turned out to be cheaper.

• Like 2

^^^ Thanks vaibhav..

I guess u did all the process in 1 day n so ur experience...

Bcoz, now biometric is done 1 day prior to appointment date. So i feel there wud not be any need of rick or so..

Still, clarify me if i m understanding wrong..

I would be using cab or rick.. Dont have any car or driver in mumbai... May take my friend's car though... Would it be easy to find parking? Or cab is better?

no it was same for dad biometric 1 day prior to appointment

biometric wont take much time but visa appointment will take your time

actual interview takes hardly 5-10 min depend on US guy

you need to que up in front of the us consulate where the consulate person will scan your appointment letter for barcode

(this happen 30 min prior to your appointment reporting time if you reach early you have to wait but reconfirm this timing on consulate site

there is no waiting area so you need to stand across the consulate on road ..since you have kiddo with you)

then you proceed inside consulate ... other members can guide how process done inside consulate as i have not yet been inside :)

cab is better as you wont have to be worried about parking

its always difficult to find parking spot in BKC and consulate area

but make sure you dont carry phones or any other expensive material except your paper in transparent folder or file.

avoid taking wife purse too they might not allow it. just check the allowed item list.

i think so your full family interview will be together.

Edit : Please Do consider mumbai traffic. If you travel by car. There is pay park behind ICICI bank HQ in BKC you can take rick from there.

hopefully Mumbai rimwebian could suggest closer spot.

Ps. My Bro is US citizen

Edited by vabs
  • Like 2

Again.. that was an detailed explanation... Thanks Vaibhav

Now my only query remain :

As per http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-photoinfo.asp , text reads as : Note: Children below 14 years of age are not required to be present at the Embassy/Consulate or Visa Application Center for the interview in person. Hence, Parents /Guardians should carry a hardcopy photograph of the child below 14 years of age at the Visa Application Center along with other supporting documents.

And as per http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visaapply.asp , text reads as : Note: Children under 14 years of age are not required to attend the appointment at the Visa Application Centre or visa interview at the Embassy/Consulate. Accompany/Guardians/Parents can carry the above documents.

My query :

1. Does that mean I should not take my son at both the places viz Biometric on day 1 & Embassy interview on day 2?

2. Will they allow him entry if I take him inside with me? I cant leave him alone outside since hes just 6yrs. If his presence is not required, then I can leave him at my home town itself.

If possible, need authentic info on these queries since if they ask my son's presence, it wont be possible as I am 400kms away from mumbai.

Edited by hiteshkkk1

hitesh,

most of the points are covered by the people in above thread...! let me add up some more comfort for you.

1. carry all the documents which you have prepared in a folder which has plastic partitions, if possible make little notations on the folder eg: fixed assets, bank statements, investment proofs, ITR for past 3 years, travel tickets round trip, if you have booked a holiday package then please carry that as well. the idea is to keep all organized. they would decide your visa much in advance (based on your info provided on visa form) and only screen you on personal interview which in most of the cases is not more then 90 sec...yes you read is right its 90 sec only. i have renewed my visa 3 times (2 work and 1 B1/B2) so i have experienced this before. DO NOT PUSH YOU FILE ON THE COUNTER, SHOW IT ONLY WHEN THEY ASK "SIR DO YOU CARRY YOUR INCOME STATEMENT" THEN SAY "YES SIR I DO WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE", SHOW ONLY IF HE/ SHE SAY SO. they dont like people being pushing for things, only show the document which is been asked for. they want to see you confident....! so prepare for all the questions which i have listed out below.
  2. they may ask which places do you intend to visit, pls remember the names of the places you intend to visit. i am giving you few questions which you may consider to practice before you go for interview. please pratice this questions before, you and your wife sould be able to answer the questions same way. iam serious about this questions as they ask this questions for people who intend to travel as FIT (free individual travels) and not through travel agents travel plans. so please make the answers ready and pls carry a mock run for few times between you and your wife, remember practice makes you perfect and that adds your confidence at the visa center. avoid pregent pauses like ahh....! hummmm...!
  3. why would you like to travel to United states?
  4. what is your job profile?
  5. how long do you intend to stay in United states?
  6. do you have confirm return tickets?
  7. how much do you earn?
  8. what is your annual income?
  9. if you travel for 20 days who would look after the business?
  10. do you have credit card?
  11. will you really come back?
  12. what is the total cost of your package?
  13. how long is your package valid for?
  14. which airline you flying with?
  15. what is the date of arrivals in US?
  16. do you have friends and family in US? yes for friends and BIG NO for relatives.
  17. where would you be staying in US?
  18. why dont you travel through travel agents?
  19. why your family not travelling with you? (they have to take care of your business see question no 9)
  20. what is your total expenses in USA during your stay?
  21. have you traveled any other country?

dont worry, your profile is best and they wont deny it as they need people to travel to US and spend money out here.

now about your child who is below 14 years, you may take along as far as you have filled in the form and have paide the VFS fees, unless they dont allow you for some real serious reasons, let me know i am just round the cornor of US consulate. PM if you need some help, my office is just behind the consulate. i will do baby sitting for your kid dont worry. :smartass:

the finger impression is at trade center which is about a 1 km from the visa center. \

do not drive unless you have driver, they don allow cars to even stop near the facility. getting rickshaw is good option, if you have driver tell him to park on trident hilton lane which is opposite to the visa center, its walking for about 4 - 6 mins.

if you still need any help please let me know.

all the best.

• Like 6

... they would decide your visa much in advance (based on your info provided on visa form) and only screen you on personal interview ...

I doubt they would take a real decision based on the DS-160 form especially since there are no supporting documents submitted along with it. For example if you are applying for a B1 visa, the form does not ask you about the specifics of the business or conference that you are going to do/attend. Other than the monthly income and job profile, the rest of the form is pretty generic and unless you mentioned something in the negative (for questions like have you been arrested or convicted before or drug addict, etc.) the decision based on the form (if at all there was any) will usually be positive itself, I think.

• Like 1

Exactly as Arun said, they wont decide anything by seeing ur DS 160. The whole visa approval is based on ur performance that day. If they dont get any proper answers..then ur visa will be rejected.

• Like 1

Exactly as Arun said, they wont decide anything by seeing ur DS 160. The whole visa approval is based on ur performance that day. If they dont get any proper answers..then ur visa will be rejected.

It seems they are deciding based on the details submitted in DS160. In my case the questions were very formal and we (me and my wife) were given visa for 10 yrs straight away.

• Like 1

Multiple people... Multiple views..

Need to know your views on possibility of getting visa based on day of appointment..

I've heard probability is more of appointment is on Thursday or Friday n less on Monday Tuesday...

If there is nothing so, i would like to go on Monday... Biometrics is working on Sunday so can do it.

This way can save one working day n my kiddo's 1 day school..

I would suggest better go on Monday....it works better. Again whether to believe or not they have fix number of visa to be given and they have higher number to issue on beginning of the week, some people would have there different opinion about this fact but trust me I have been monitoring all this past 15 years and all my family members have been through this few times positively. Try to take morning first slot by 9. And as said earlier your visa is decided much in advance as your back ground verification is checked the movement you apply for visa after making payments in VFS. They have smallest of the details of you can ever imagine, so one must never lie during interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Also forgot to mention, if ever someone who has been granted visa pls also check with them. The interviewer would not even look at you even ones, they only look at the screen, as they are looking at you into the screen and not face to face. They screen your body language during personal interview....so just be relaxed and don't show signs of nervousness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

<p>On lighter note : bolna rimeb ke reputed seller hai hum... rather than u all rimwebian is waiting for my return </p>

• Like 4

What a beginning!!

Transferred visa fee of 31200/- for 3 members thru IMPS. Amount debited but I got sms that trxn timed out...

I am clueless what to do... Raised a complaint with kotak n even they are clueless...

Will wait till I get refund...