Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Firewater S-OFF Tool For Any HTC Device

This looks cool!
New Firewater S-OFF Tool Will Unlock Any HTC Device In Moments!
Including (but not limited to) newer HTC phones like HTC one, Droid DNA, One s, One Max and many others!
Official Firewater Website For Download & Instruction >> http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/
Like most OEMs, HTC likes to lock down the devices it sells to the general public, but maybe you like a little more freedom. That means an exploit is required to get S-OFF status. The new Firewater S-Off tool can manage that for any (or at least very nearly any) HTC device, even newer HTC One phones.
The tool comes courtesy of developers beaups and fuses, and it's completely free for personal use. Just download the files and get to work. The website has a full walkthrough of the process. There are some prerequisites that need to be taken care of first, though. Here is what that entails...
Prerequisites
  • Working adb on your PC. Yes, that means OS X, linux, Windows, etc. are all supported.
  • HTC drivers installed and working
  • HTC sync removed (not closed – REMOVED)
  • All other phone software removed or disabled (Samsung Kies, PDANet, etc.)
  • A working internet connection ON YOUR DEVICE - wifi, 3g, 4g, etc. are all supported. There is no way around this requirement, don’t ask.
  • USB debugging enabled on your device
  • Your device must be HTCDEV unlocked/rooted or have a working temproot. A temproot that works with many modern (not all) HTC devices is provided on the website.
  • Do not attempt to run firewater from a terminal emulator on your device. You MUST use adb along with a PC.
  • A supported device. firewater *should* work with most modern QUALCOMM BASED HTC devices, including (but not limited to) the htc one, droid dna, one s, one max, and many others.
  • Like 6

I hope it works for my newly bought Dinc2 :)

will check and update.

I m sorry for my noob question, but the "Push, prepare and execute firewater" step is not clear to me. Could anyone please explain that step to me.

Thanks

adb reboot <–important!!!!

adb wait-for-device push firewater /data/local/tmp

adb shell

su

chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater

/data/local/tmp/firewater

here firewater is a file, which you downloaded from their website,

thru ADB your are coping this file to your phone in /data/local/tmp

then from ADB SHELL command opens a shell access to phone

SU makes you superUser for running system commands.

CHMOD is setting permissions to firewater file which is now in phone. permissions to run and execute task of s-off

and in last command you are actually running firewater in phone thru shell .

Edited by ::Hitesh::
  • Like 1

^^^ Thanks Hitesh bhai for explaining the steps. I tried these steps multiple times but still my bootloader screen on my HTC Evo 4G LTE says **Tempered** and S-On.

When I run these commands from command prompt on my Windows 7 PC. After executing the last command, control comes back to command prompt. But phone goes into qhusb mode (as explained in the terms and conditions that come up after executing last command). Is that the reason due to which I am not able to complete the process.

Can any one please help me to find what am I doing wrong.

I have verified and cross-checked the prerequisites and I am not missing anything here :

1. Chcek:Working adb on your PC. Yes, that means OS X, linux, Windows, etc. are all supported.
    • HTC drivers installed and working
    • HTC sync removed (not closed – REMOVED)
    • All other phone software removed or disabled (Samsung Kies, PDANet, etc.)
  2. Check, wifi:A working internet connection ON YOUR DEVICE - wifi, 3g, 4g, etc. are all supported.
  3. Check: USB debugging enabled on your device
  4. Done, HTCDev unlocked and rooted:Your device must be HTCDEV unlocked/rooted or have a working temproot. A temproot that works with many modern (not all) HTC devices is provided below.
  5. Do not attempt to run firewater from a terminal emulator on your device. You MUST use adb along with a PC.
  6. A supported device. firewater *should* work with most modern HTC devices, including (but not limited to) the htc one, droid dna, one s, one max, and many others.

Hello, I have purchased EVO 4G LTE recently, after I S-OFF it using rumrunner method I lost network. It always displays no service. And I found that after I S-OFF my MEID is changed. And I replaced the changed MEID with old MEID (I noted it long back) but still no signal. And I have also installed latest RUU but the problem exists.

Can any 1 have any idea on this issue? What do I need to do to get the signal back?

Thank you

Goutham.

Hello, I have purchased EVO 4G LTE recently, after I S-OFF it using rumrunner method I lost network. It always displays no service. And I found that after I S-OFF my MEID is changed. And I replaced the changed MEID with old MEID (I noted it long back) but still no signal. And I have also installed latest RUU but the problem exists.

Can any 1 have any idea on this issue? What do I need to do to get the signal back?

Thank you

Goutham.

Need to reporgram