Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
AlanVenu

US Cellular Moto X With Tata Docomo SIM - Calls are working but no data (Working Now)

Moto x USC is cdma only with omh support.

Moto x Sprint is cdma only nv mode

Moto x Verizon is both omh & gsm support

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 5

Why don't you people take a look around the forum before just posting stuff? There's a whole big very active thread related just to Moto G. Verizon and Boost Moto G works, On behalf of everyone I kindly request all the newbies to take a good look around the forum and then post stuff if you can't find it.Verizon and Boost Moto G works , CAlls sms and data work fine

:previous:

and What About Moto G

MOTO G BOOST Mobile is CDMA Nv mode only

:previous:

and What About Moto G

There is a separate thread for the same >_>

Moto x USC is cdma only with omh support.

Moto x Sprint is cdma only nv mode

Moto x Verizon is both omh & gsm support

FYI sprint moto x has gsm capabilities but isn't till now no one is able to unlock it

Planning to get a sprint X for my personal use.

wanted to know the battery backup of the phone.

I am highend uesd, will be using EVDO allmost all time and texting too.

How does the battery hold up for you guys ? ...

I am confused between going for X or G .. Please suggest.

Just have been pointed out about a problem by a buyer with the Moto X (atleast USC one) while using an Indian CDMA OMH card.

Phone no with international code prefix (+91) doesnt work. I tried it myself and can confirm its an issue.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue ?

I know we have faced similar issue with few phones previously but can't figure out how to make it work.

Pl help.

Thanks in advance !!!

There should be a option of north american dialing just switch that on !

I have checked everywhere in settings as well as dialier but no options like that.. is there an app that can help me with this ? Any USC moto X user who can confirm whether same issue happening with your phone too or not ?

Its called assisted dialing. You have to choose India as reference country in moto x.

In the country list, press and hold on India.

sent from my Moto G - Reliance

• Like 1

Its called assisted dialing. You have to choose India as reference country in moto x.

In the country list, press and hold on India.

Sorry for noob question again Sir, but from where to select country ? I tried resetting the phone but never was asked to select country, just language

• Like 1

please open your dialler , and in the top , click settings -- this wil open dialler settings .-- there you will see Assisted Dialing. -- enable it first -- then click change reference country --- select INDIA , press and hold INDIA to change.

hope its clear.

I understand that sir, but the real issue is that I dont have Assistive dialling setting anywhere under dialer setting. Attaching screenshot.

I'm 4.4.2 btw. I suppose you are on 4.2.2 as I have confirmed we have that option with that version. Is there any other way around of that ?

post-73784-0-78708500-1397659883_thumb.p

Edited by dev997

Well if nothing else works.

An app called prefixer is always there.

Make appropriate rules. And it will automatically remove +91 and replace it by 0.

• Like 2

Well if nothing else works.

An app called prefixer is always there.

Make appropriate rules. And it will automatically remove +91 and replace it by 0.

Thanks ankit.. this workaround helps.. still any permanent way to do this on 4.4.2 (or 4.4) for moto x ?

Also attaching pics I got from the buyer who is on 4.2.2 and has assistive dialing option .However even after setting reference country as India , +91 calls are not getting connected. Any other way to do this or something I may be missing.

I would like to inform that I have not done any kinds of programming on the phone as CDMA RUIM sim was working out of the box. Do I need to change NV mode to RUIM only ? Can that cause this issue ?

post-73784-0-16144900-1397668980_thumb.j

post-73784-0-99313400-1397668985_thumb.j

Edited by dev997

My dad uses Verizon moto x.

On his phone I enabled assisted dialing which changes +91 to 0.

I am sure if you check the settings properly you will figure out. No extra app is needed.

Sometimes you just have to make sure the prefix understood by phone are Indian compatible.

post-2507-139771121613_thumb.jpgpost-2507-139771123022_thumb.jpg

post-2507-139771153713_thumb.jpg

Here is exactly how your settings should be.

All screen shots have been taken from moto x android 4.4.2

• Like 1

Thanks for the screenshots sir. I have verified that settings are exactly like this, still same issue is there. for the time being I have asked buyer to use the prefixer app till I find whats the issue.

Can anyone who is using a US cellular model confirm that u are not facing the issue and if yes, do u get the assistive dialing option on 4.4 or 4.4.2 ? as I dont.

Thanks again !!!

Hi, I have bought Motorola Moto X (US cellular) CDMA mobile. I am using a Tata CDMA connection. I am unable to use data on it yet. As per TATA my data services are active. The SIM card is an OMH card. As per instruction i just need to insert my Sim and start using data,. I am able to use calls and SMS. Please help me how to use data on it.

All help is appreciated.......

1) It will show as US cellular as phone was made for them .its just an name which can be changed by programing

2) there is internet for TATA cdma, you just need to do few tweaks

Yeah now i am able to use the data too, people working in the tata docomo showroom are crazy i guess. I recharged for 48 and now i am able to get data. 1mbps avg in speed test, far better than cdma.

Also i want tried to change the Operator name in Build.prop but still shows USC, its a bit annoying but i can live with that. Is there any specific edit in Build.prop to get the phone to show Tata.?? thanks

Hi, Can you please help me how did you make TATA CDMA data active on Motorola MOTO X. Please guide me

is there any way to access ##data# in USC Moto X , i am trying to change the DDTM to OFF.

or any one please guide me to make DDTM OFF.

any place poor EVDO coverage so , internet falling back to 1x and all my callers saying my line is engaged.

please assit.

Ddtm is related to evdo... So even if you change the setting, it won't solve your problem of busy on 1x

Better keep data off in low signal areas

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

thanks for the heads up.

So how to disable Ddtm , sometimes, when i am using data , even in EVDO mode, i am getting engaged tone.

I have a USC Moto X , please let me know.

Thanks,