Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
st_7

The Indian Born Nadella Satya Is The New CEO Of Microsoft!

satya-nadella-microsoft.jpg

When the whole Telugu race is been in the news for all the wrong reasons(fighting over state bifurication) for the last few years (thanks to some cheap & dirty politics by some politicians), here is a proud moment for all the entire Telugu race & to all Indians, the new CEO of Microsoft is Nadella Satya, an Indian & hails from Andhra Pradesh. He is just the 3rd CEO of one of the most prominent software company that has had long lasting effect on people & their usage of computers. Many business, technical news sites including Bloomberg, Cnet, New York times & Wall Street Journal have reported few days back that Microsoft is preparing to announce Nadella Satya, who is working as the chief of Cloud Services division within Microsoft, as the next CEO. The reports also said that the Board hasn't taken the final decision at the time of reporting. Now all is official and this position of Nadella Satya is effective immediately. He is been working for Microsoft since 1992.

Along with the new CEO the Microsoft also has other few changes, Bill Gates will no longer be the Chairman of the company, he will be Technology Adviser & John Thompson will be replacing him as the Chairman of the company.

Edited by st_7

Telugodi Satta....Very nice to hear ........So Happy,,,,,,,,Definetely Yes,Proud to be Indian.

Actually I wished Sundar Pichai (also indian by birth) who is now VP Android, Chrome to become CEO of M$ and do what Stephen Fl0p has done to N0kia earlier, to M$ now -- That is Degrade M$ to trash and sell it for dirt cheap to his old employer Google. Actually even M$ was once very very interested in Sundar Pichai, but got frightened by their own poison and may be for safety they have gone with their own staff. M$ baj gaya??

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 2

great news for us - now if only he could fight piracy in india by cutting prices by 2/3rd - 3/4th for all ms software it would be worth celebrating!

why 2/3rd you may wonder?

because that's the PPP between india and america

[the ratio is 3-4 x depending on cost of living in delhi/mumbai vs rest of the country]

according to the world bank stats

the problem with us is that just beacuse a ceo of a global company is born indian does not imply any change in corp policy that would benefit indians

imagine if the new ceo was chinese - he would have immediately incentivised schemes to get chinese users to switch to licensed software

e.g., i think a legal copy of windows7 or 8 costs about rs. 5-10 k?

so how many people are going pay almost a third the cost of their pc to upgrade?

yet in mumbai alone, you can get the pirated one installed for rs. 800 [xp to win7]

now imagine instead of charging $100 for upgrading, ms charged just rs. 1,500 [$25] for india

many more people with pirated os would be willing to go legal at just double the cost

• Like 2

City02, you are so correct.

Last year, for the first time in my entire life I had purchased 2 "windows 8" and 1 "Office 2013" license just because these were discounted (around 500-700 for win8 and 1500 for office2013 if i remember correctly). Other wise I have only used licensed windows in Office and always used unofficial windows at home. Once I bought the licenses I found I am booting to linux less and less !

Offcourse, it helps that win8 doesn't have so much degradation/fatigue over time (specially if you install / uninstall / reinstall many drivers and programs) like previous versions.

But the key issue is to have pricing appropriate for the market. Otherwise you can do whatever you want but it never picks up.

But the key issue is to have pricing appropriate for the market. Otherwise you can do whatever you want but it never picks up.

Very TRUE...

price should be proportional to the individual income in that country. What percentage of the income is the cost of the software. Same fraction of the income should cost in india.

Suppose 2% of the income is spent on the software same percent should be spent in india.

But in reality cost is more than 5-10 %

while pricing the manufacturers should consider the incomes of the customers in different countries.

An Indian becomes CEO of Microsoft........

so.........

henceforth;

All MS products globally to compulsory have ISI trademark and MRP sticker henceforth!

Bill Gates will change his name to Billu Gateshwar just so that he blends with the rest of the Indians in the Co.!

All those dudes selling pirated copies of Microsoft software outside Rly stations will be absorbed in Microsoft as Sr. sales executives!

All Microsoft employees will now be allowed to take half day during Raksha Bandhan (either morning or evening)!

All the Microsoft software will now support default languages like Marathi, Sindhi, Bhojpuri, Tapori, etc!

After Windows 7, Windows 8, the next versions of Microsoft Windows will be named Windows Nav Do Gyarah, Windows 786, etc!

No MS software will ever be declared end-of-life.They will continue using it with the Indian mother's logic - how can you waste anything?

All MS employees including Bill Gates will have to oil their hair everyday, do Ganeshji ki pooja before work & eat dal rice with their hands!

All Microsoft products will now come with option of installing it one by two, two by three, etc!

Henceforth all Microsoft offices globally will be shut 1 week for Diwali holidays and open for work during Christmas week.

All Microsoft products will stop working in Pakistan from tonight. Just a giant middle finger will appear as they boot their PCs tomorrow.

Each Windows CD will now ship with a free CD of 'Mata ki bhent' from T series!

All Windows critical updates will henceforth be nothing but just updated menu cards from Paradise Biryani from Hyderabad!

• Like 3

All those dudes selling pirated copies of Microsoft software outside Rly stations will be absorbed in Microsoft as Sr. sales executives!

All Microsoft employees will now be allowed to take half day during Raksha Bandhan (either morning or evening)!

All the Microsoft software will now support default languages like Marathi, Sindhi, Bhojpuri, Tapori, etc!

Good ones, sir ji...

Just a joke Dear Bill Gates,

It doesn't matter whether you make an Indian, Satya Nadella, the CEO of Microsoft, we are still going to use pirated Windows only.

Thank you,

Indians

😆

• Like 1

^^^^^

Just one small correction in your joke....

Dear Bill Gates,
It doesn't matter whether you make an Indian, Satya Nadella, the CEO of Microsoft. Unless you are going to price your s/w reasonably in India, we are still going to use pirated Windows only.

Thank you,
Indians

He is the guy who started Office 365 cloud service of Microsoft

If that is the case, we can NEVER expect reasonable price of Windows here, in future, imho...

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1

The comments section full of our brothers cursing people from other countries (calling Nepalis, Bangladeshis, Pakistanis, Chinese ........ basically everyone racist), and even our own people (Telugu vs Tamil, North vs South) at every opportunity.

Gave me a headache and desire to kill myself. As the old saying goes - "Quality over quantity" but that is lost on our 1B+ population. Use condoM$ people!

Also, I am going to stick my neck out and predict that SN will focus on enterprise, cloud and S/W instead of devices & H/W - and that is at loggerheads with the direction MS was taking under SB. I will give him 3 years before deciding if he is a success or failure. Odds are against him at the moment.