Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

LG G2 LS980 Sprint CDMA/GSM

What about the Verizon G2? Any specific points to be aware about that?

No sir, I have not handled one till now, Verizon G2 works GSM and CDMA RUIM out of the box I guess

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes Verizon is fully unlocked including cdma ruim

tapatalking.....

• Like 1

So are we able to switch between RUIM and GSM with this unlock ? (you had mentioned you would update....)

@Solarisx21 I don't know if that possible with LG G2(I've not tested it) but it was certainly possible with HTC One(I tested with the phone that I sold here in last August).

For those struggling to get data via RUIM...

One of my friend .. keegenohp [ name alphabets reversed to hide identity] was having same issue ... he had programmed phone initially via NV mode and everything was working ...but no data on RUIM

But this sunday afternoon .. both of us were bored and had nothing to do .. so began investigating that what have we done different that data is working on mine and not his on RUIM.. and suddenly I Had What Alcoholics Refer to as a 'Moment of Clarity'

On my G2 i didnt do any change and just changed the NV mode to RUIM only ... keegenohp on the other hand, had already done NV changes along with data dump akey etc and was later trying by changing to RUIM only mode...

keegenohp being a smart guy he is ... had an original EFS backup of the phone [before he did any finger in it that is] ... So he restored it back and voilà!... Data started working on RUIM along with Call and Text of course..

So here is the path for all those Neo`s struggling to find the access code to Xion mainframe.

PS1 : Sorry for long reply mods ... contents for the reply can be CRUD ... and freely distriburted under GNU GPL

PS2: Sunday afternoons ! :hypocrite:

• Like 5

Nice way to hide identity!!!

LOL............

Anyways, that was a real wild guess that data on RUIM will not work if you had made NV changes. May be the reason is something different but the solution is to restore the original EFS, then change phone to RUIM mode and then pop in your SIM!

Lol your friend revealed himself. Good job

Nice way to hide identity!!!

LOL............

Anyways, that was a real wild guess that data on RUIM will not work if you had made NV changes. May be the reason is something different but the solution is to restore the original EFS, then change phone to RUIM mode and then pop in your SIM!

If anyone needs data on RUIM, flash phone to complete stock, change mode to RUIM only, insert SIM abs enjoy. Correct right?

I don't understand one thing, what has NV got to do when it's not used at all on RUIM mode

Flashing to stock will not help, original EFS partition has to be restored. Then it would work.

I don't understand one thing, what has NV got to do when it's not used at all on RUIM mode

No idea, it was a wild discovery on lazy Sunday, so thought to share here :)

Flashing on LG actually does that, else the permanent GSM would have never worked.

^ GSM unlock is related to build prop file so it gets restored while flashing tot file. EFS partition does does not gets restored. IMHO

Build.prop is temp unlock, I was refereeing to permanent, the permanent unlock does not touch build.prop bro.

Edited by Vinod Nayak

Mine is completely unlocked with everything working, NV data was not working when switched from GSM to CDMA, just managed to get 1x few mins b back.

Edited by Vinod Nayak

Ok, I am not aware about permanent unlock. But restoring factory image does not restore EFS partition. Its unique for each phone.

Permanent unlock available if interested. 2k

Ok, I am not aware about permanent unlock. But restoring factory image does not restore EFS partition. Its unique for each phone.

Yeah I know, G2 working on NV Reliance, when completely reset using LG flash tool to stock, it won't even show any network, if you flash prl calls and sms work, data does not, flash NV the data works, meaning for some reason the NV and prl are erased. Like I said. I don't know the full process of the flash.

Permanent unlock - what does that even mean ? Any unlock method you implement can be re-implemented again after you do a factory reset.

Fellas lemme introduce you the actual person who is responsible for the G2 unlock ysabxe

Please feel free to contact him for the unlock. i was doing the same, now all can message him for

the unlock. YSABXE welcome to RIMWEB.

• Like 1

Fellas lemme introduce you the actual person who is responsible for the G2 unlock ysabxe

Please feel free to contact him for the unlock. i was doing the same, now all can message him for

the unlock. YSABXE welcome to RIMWEB.

Thank you Vinod, will do my best to help
  • Like 1

Permanent unlock - what does that even mean ? Any unlock method you implement can be re-implemented again after you do a factory reset.

The lock is erased only if you use LG Flash tool to install stock firmware. if you use phone to reset using phone menu the lock is not erased.

GSM Unlock For LG G2 LS980 has been achieved.

Again this is a permanent GSM unlock for G2 LS980 by Sprint. Data now works on GSM and CDMA (NV) modes.

This is not a build.prop edit or mod unlock for GSM which is only temporary and has issues with WiFI settings and

not able to dial with the use of 0 before any number.

This unlock is complete stock. Enables Rev-B also for CDMA section. Enables Roaming settings and

also most important enables APN settings. Can access WiFi settings without crash, can also dial any number without

the use of 0. COMPLETE UNLOCK.

Phone can 2 numbers one GSM on SIM and CDMA on MEID. Any one active at any given time.

Below are screenshots of working data in GSM and CDMA NV mode with Roaming settings and APN settings.

post-81420-0-87569400-1392561003_thumb.ppost-81420-0-15031200-1392561018_thumb.p

post-81420-0-24804800-1392560984_thumb.ppost-81420-0-22118700-1392560987_thumb.ppost-81420-0-32766500-1392560989_thumb.p

• Like 1

The lock is erased only if you use LG Flash tool to install stock firmware. if you use phone to reset using phone menu the lock is not erased.

Even build.prop edits also will not be erased if you reset the phone, I think.

The system folder remains untouched in a reset. Its basically the data and cache partitions that get wiped....ateast that is my understanding.

@yaxbe - welcome to rimweb. :)