Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

LG G2 LS980 Sprint CDMA/GSM

by anyway, is it possible with lg g2 d802? I know it isn`t.. But jst asking to confirm..

Don't know. Don't even try.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

NOTE:

Set your phone mode to RUIM Pref, i found the following,

if you have a working number on NV and you have a GSM card inserted, your phone will work on CDMA/LTE or GSM

whichever you set to. If you have a CDMA SIM or RUIM inserted then it will work on CDMA/LTE for that RUIM.

Hey...anybody here having signal drop issues on their LS980s ?

Signal continuously fluctuates on G2s I saw with a guy. Happens on both GSM and CDMA and on two separate devices. So I guess its not a hardware issue.....

Tried 2 different networks, Reliance & Airtel, happening on both.

Gsm? Indian version? Which model number?

I suggest you just wait for the OTA, that link is for any LG G2, you can also do it. But make sure you do a Nandroid before doing so. It's very hard to come back to stock cause the update looks like it's for the D802 G2 model.

Hi my phone is LS980 but i have flashed T-mobile ROM which is working fine on LS980. Hence, I was asking if this update should work or not ?

This update is for D802

^ Have you tested LS980 with 3G of a GSM network ?

I found that LS980 supports only the 2100 band for WCDMA - meaning 3G signal will be very low if not zero most of the time. Can you please confirm ?

Yeah I have Reliance on NV & Airtel on GSM with working H+ speeds

Thanks. ^ Airtel gives good signal strength on WCDMA ? (How many bars ?)

What are you taking about bro, if you are in high speed area, all bars come. How many bars are there in the signal ? All of em light up.

I did not mean to offend.....the G2 I saw had only 1/4 bar for the GSM H+ signal, where as my tab had all bars just beside on Airtel in the same location. So just wanted to know if you encountered any such issues.

Solarisx21 LG g2 ls980 it's have 850, 1900 and 2100 Mhz (UMTS)

H+ workking fine for me too .. but now i want 4.4.2 on LS980 any suggestions for a nice rom ?

No no, I'm not offended, I meant exactly what I said in my earlier post. Are the signals better in a diff area? Maybe you are in a shadow area, meaning there are highrises in your area creating a shadow. Like my house, 3 years back H+ & EVDO very more than 80% now due to new highrises around my house I don't get both its E & 1x inside my house. But if I go out is fine. This started when I got my Sprint S3, still same.

If both CDMA & GSM both signals are weak then 100% it's due to shadow. Try a diff cell phone. Check if it's ok with that one.

Oh....I never considered indoors and outdoors, I was indoors both times I checked. Thanks :) , will try that out.

Oh....I never considered indoors and outdoors, I was indoors both times I checked. Thanks :) , will try that out.

Any luck? Please do report back your experience. Might help many.

Thanks

H+ workking fine for me too .. but now i want 4.4.2 on LS980 any suggestions for a nice rom ?

The are many, instead of using the D802 KK, you could have flashed any ROM from xda, as 90% are on 4.4

^

Any luck? Please do report back your experience. Might help many.
Thanks

I do not have the device with me, was looking at a friends device....will update as soon as I meet him the next time. :)

Solarisx21 LG g2 ls980 it's have 850, 1900 and 2100 Mhz (UMTS)

No....it has GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, but UMTS/WCDMA is only 2100* - Source official LG PDF. / website

Friends- I unlocked the sim card slot as per the permanent unlock method & tested the both gsm & ruim. It works with gsm card but no network when omh ruim inserted. I tried changing the mobile network option to lte & cdma but not getting any signal.

Pls advise

Friends- I unlocked the sim card slot as per the permanent unlock method & tested the both gsm & ruim. It works with gsm card but no network when omh ruim inserted. I tried changing the mobile network option to lte & cdma but not getting any signal.

Pls advise

You need to change phone mode from NV only to RUIM Pref using DFS.

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?/topic/36748-How-to:-Change-mode-from-NV-to-RUIM-in-any-CDMA-Phone-using-DFS-free-version#entry307153

Use the above link, put the phone mode to RUIM Pref instead of RUIM only.

I've come across a very interesting article offering upgrade for present LG G2 owners.

“G2 is 4G ready and support TDD LTE frequency for which companies in India hold spectrum. Once the network is ready, we can upgrade these devices to support 4G. They will not have to buy new device for accessing 4G service. At present G2 will support 3G,” LG India’s Marketing head Amit Gujral said.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/industry-and-economy/info-tech/lg-aims-rs-200cr-revenue-from-4g-smartphones-by-2014/article5186200.ece

I wonder if Sprint version is acceptable for the upgrade or only those bought locally

Friends- I m facing 2 issues-

Firstly, I m not able to make conference call on ruim

Secondly, I m not able to start data with my new omh sim card in ruim mode. Everythings ok with gsm.

Pls help

Friends- I m facing 2 issues-

Firstly, I m not able to make conference call on ruim

Secondly, I m not able to start data with my new omh sim card in ruim mode. Everythings ok with gsm.

Pls help

New OHM SIM, have you activated EVDO? It takes 24 hours for the SIM to get register with the data. His old is your SIM? Is it old SIM cut into micro or a new micro SIM?

• Like 1

Thanks vinod for your instant reply. Well I had approached ww yesterday & taken a new omh sim card for my existing no as my earlier sim card was damaged. In the evening this card got activated & was showing 1x signals on my other handset wherein I was able to surf net.

Post that I had cut this sim card to make it micro & then put the same in lg g2. I immediately got the network & checked for voice & sms which was working fine. But no data.

Do I need to input apn manually or it picks up on its own like it did for gsm network. Any settings to be checked to start data on ruim or is there a different sim card for using it in lg g2

I had permanently unlocked the sim slot as per your link. Currently my lg g2 is on ZVA