Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

LG G2 LS980 Sprint CDMA/GSM

RUIM does not require APN, APN is only for GSM. If your 1x is working on new RUIM SIM, then you don't have to worry as EVDO takes 24 hours to transfer from your old SIM to new one.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

And to be double sure.. Just put a service request of "EVDO not working.. Getting only 1X speed.." through Instacare app..

Vinod- I m not getting data on lg g2 at all. I got 1x when same sim was put in another htc handset.

New Sim was taken from ww for my existing no which I have cut in micro & put in lg g2.

LG G2(Sprint) KitKat Update Finally Released:

Finally Lg G2(Sprint) Kitkat update is released, here is the direct link to the official OTA: LG G2 Sprint KitKat OTA

Presently, a modified OTA file is being worked on by the developers over XDA. Stay tuned, will update this post. But if you want to apply the official OTA now itself, below is outline of the instructionso of doing it. I'm quoting from XDA.

You need to push the update ZIP multiple times to the phone using ADB sideload. After the first time, the recovery will boot back up, at this point, do NOT reboot into the system, instead go back and select the Apply update from ADB option, the update file will open again and then the recovery will boot back up a second time, again push the update via ADB and then finally you'll see at the third stage, text saying after the "installing update" stage, "Removing unnecessary files..." and then "Patching system files..." then "Unpacking new files..." "Unpacking new recovery..." "Renaming files..." "Symlinks and permissions..." "Patching remaining system files..." then the text reads "script succeeded: result was [/system]" then finally "install from ADB complete." then select "Reboot system now." You now have ZVC KitKat installed!!!

The bootloop must be caused by the missing update ZIP, the recovery is trying to find the ZIP but it's not stored internally on the phone itself.
Edited by st_7
  • Like 1

Cool. Quick question- will the permanent GSM unlock and the tether unlock stay intact after the update?

Another option, you update and let us know whether gsm remains unlocked and tethering status

Another option, you update and let us know whether gsm remains unlocked and tethering status

Haha. Would love to. But my handset will only arrive this Friday. You seem to have the handset already. Waiting for your test result. :P

Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us

Haha. You want to get all the information before hand. :-P

Offlate, I have practiced to keep hold on my nerves for updates, dont want to carry non working phone.:-)

• Like 1

All those who have stock ROM, with stock recovery on ZV8 & have not updated & have unlocked GSM & have renamed certain files in system/app/ HAVE TO RENAME THE APPS BACK TO ORIGINAL STATE, take ZVA update so that you can update to Kit Kat 4.4.2 ZVC.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=51531011

For those of you who want to take the OTA as-is, be aware you will reboot 3 times in the process.

Here's how the OTA works:

Stage 1

* Patch check (everything as it should be?)

* Apply Radio Patch

* Flash Recovery to Boot partition

* Set stage value to 2

* Boot to Boot partition

Stage 2

* Flash recovery to recovery partition

* Set stage value to 3

* Boot to recovery partition

Stage 3

* Flash new kernel (boot.img)

* Apply Patches, new files, symlinks, permissions, etc.

* Update build.prop

* Set stage value to blank

* End (automatic reboot).

Edited by Vinod Nayak

Just to inform every one, that above link is just source(it's for developers but not for normal people to flash, so don't jump & download it), the download link is provided in my previous post, here is it: LG G2(Sprint) KitKat Official OTA(681MB). If you don't want to wait till it gets to your device, you can follow the instructions given on my previous post.

I got the OTA,flashed it and the phone got F****d. Well i renamed all the apk's but i forgot i was rooted. Maybe that's why. I used the guide by Vinodji and with Flash tool got it back to zv8. all programming intact! Vindoji will message you with couple enquires tomorrow. Had a long night. So Not a big deal. If at all you guys wanna do it. Make a backup of all data, Cause all of mine was screwed

Anybody on complete stock? Including recovery?

Please backup recovery using FLASHIFY please, need it for myself.

Great news for Sprint LG G2 LS980 owners.. 4.4.2 kitkat ZVC update . This info is for reference only. Dont OTA update if you are rooted

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/ota-captured-sprint-lg-g2-receives-android-4-4-2-based-zvc-update-open-source-files-released/

Edited by reliancenokia2007

Hey all wanted to ask about the battery backup if this phone, both on gsm and cdma, I am aware it's subjective but still would appreciate if a few folks can add their reviews if they are using GSM or Cdma.

My yardstick would be how it performs with the note 2 in pictures

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Joshm,

I am getting Full Two days of battery backup with both GSM & CDMA with 3G/EVDO enabled or Wifi enabled all the time.My usage is medium about 90 minutes calling daily and some texting. I am not a very heavy data user on the phone. Only use it to check emails.

Sometimes if I disable data, I get about 3 days of battery backup.

Edited by varunpatel
  • Like 1

@varun what is the screen on time before which the battery gives up? And do u also have sync always on with data?

That's pretty neat a battery backup by the best of standards.

yzupute9.jpgpevuny9y.jpg6y6ajejy.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Be very careful with the KK OTA, i have backed up my data and used LG Flashtool to go ZV7-ZV8-ZVA now, waited for next OTA but did not get it yet.

Sometimes it comes fast like the way @ankurcshah got it. WAIT FOR IT. im completely stock, stock recovery, NO ROOT. NO GSM UNLOCK. running on NV right now. WAITING ;)

To EveryOne:

There is a way to force the update to be received by your phone, just clear cache data of 'Google Frameworkservices' & force close it and then check if updates available to your phone.

As I've written yesterday that there is also a modified OTA that is being worked on by developers, it is ready now and this modded OTA can be flashed through TWRP. You can find the OTA & instructions in this thread of XDA forum.

• Like 1

Got this by force. Thanks to st_7

• Like 1

Ok guys, the ZVC(Sprint Kitkat update) TOT file is available now, giving you another way of updating your LG G2 to kitkat. Let me summarize the number of ways that are available to update your Sprint device to KitKat.

1). If you are completely stock(factory state, although you can have GSM unlock that won't be issue), then to update your device immediately, clear data & cache of 'Google Framework Services' and check for updates in system settings(try it few times if you update is not shown at first time).

2) If you didn't install Xposed models or wifi mods & nothing else is modified in your ROM(factory OS) except that you are rooted and TWRP installed(again, it doesn't if you have done GSM unlock method), then use modified OTA file provided in this XDA Thread. The main advantage of this method is that you can flash the OTA from within TWRP and still have TWRP recovery even after getting updated to Kitkat. Please follow the instructions on the original XDA thread carefully.

3) This is the by far easiest way to install(although you loose everything, so you must backup your data). Well known XDA Developer member 'autoprime' has made ZVC(Sprint Kitkat update) TOT file available for all. You can download the ZVC TOT file HERE(in that page you will see LS980ZVC_12.zip file). Please donat to him if you can as according to 'autoprime' he had to pay to get this ZVC tot, you can find the original ZVC tot Thread here.

4). And the last(this was the first method that I've put up this thread, but it may be the least preferred method as it involves adb sideloading). You can find detailed description of this method in one of my post in the previous page, you can find that post HERE.

@st_7

If I am rooted and everything is stock can I use method mention in first step..

I already have update downloaded just waiting for someone to confirm if we can take OTA when we are rooted..

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk