Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

LG G2 LS980 Sprint CDMA/GSM

OP Updated with Recovery for KitKat 4.4.2 LS980ZVC

Problem. I have rooted using your method and backed up the EFS on the phone as well as my laptop.

Then I went into Root Explorer and renamed the two files to .bak as you suggested last night.

Immediately, this irritating pop-up keeps popping up:

Sorry!

Unfortunately, com.redbend.vdmc has stopped.

OK

It keeps popping up even if I hit OK.

Help!!!

Please mail here, as whatsapp won't work

@Vinod Nayak

Did a factory reset last night. All the pop-ups are now gone.

Thanks

The LG G2 is better in all ways compared to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, In fact the G2 is better than any Samsung device.

I would suggest everybody to go for the G2.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Vinod Nayak. You rock.

All ok ? Perfect ? Remember data will not work if you upgrade to KK(LS980ZVC). not much of difference anyway.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

updated to ZVC on Reliance RUIM and lost data. Hoping for a solution. Tried reverting to ZV7 but getting bootloops. even went into recovery using power+vol keys and did hard factory resets but bootloops wont go away.

For all users recommend using the "service disable" app from playstore to disable all the bloated apps. Gives a great battery life.

Not possible, as I gave up the G2 for a Note 3, hating the Note 3 now.

Throw the note 3 in my area. Will happily pick it up :-P

Vinod Nayak. You rock.

All ok ? Perfect ? Remember data will not work if you upgrade to KK(LS980ZVC). not much of difference anyway.

updated to ZVC on Reliance RUIM and lost data. Hoping for a solution. Tried reverting to ZV7 but getting bootloops. even went into recovery using power+vol keys and did hard factory resets but bootloops wont go away.

For all users recommend using the "service disable" app from playstore to disable all the bloated apps. Gives a great battery life.

Kindly give play store link as there are lot of apps in that name.

The LG G2 is better in all ways compared to a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, In fact the G2 is better than any Samsung device.

I would suggest everybody to go for the G2.

I suggested the same on some other forum and few members started jumping at me for saying LG g2 is better than Samsung (S4) etc., one guy's close relative is working in samsung and he gets hefty discounts on handset, thats why he jumped at me :))

• Like 1

I'm getting irritated with LG G2.

Be it GSM or CDMA, after using the phone post factory reset, the phone automatically rejects all calls. Neither it shows any pop up nor notification. Sleep mode, call reject everything is set to no.

I have to say, LG is proving itself to be an LG.

Be it GSM or CDMA, after using the phone post factory reset, the phone automatically rejects all calls. Neither it shows any pop up nor notification. Sleep mode, call reject everything is set to no.

Maybe you haven't done something right while programming. I do not face any issues at all.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

I faced this issue..

Factory reset solved it...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

That happens if the unlock is not done properly.

If you really want to enjoy GSM buy a GSM phone & then give a review.

Lol, If there is a problem, there must be a reason which can be solved. Instead of giving details about your problem, you have started cribbing about phone and LG itself.

In fact, G2 is one of the flagship phone Android has and of the best handsets I have ever used.

So please stop cribbing and find solution.

Nothing offensive against anyone please.

• Like 3

I ll have to agree with all the wise men,

G2 actually rocks

You better start from scratch and do all the unlocking step by step should solve the issue.

About the g2 well, the screen is so nice compared to Samsung phones, white is pure unaltered unadulterated white in this ( my dear friend amit jain will be so happy to have a look at it I am sure coz he dislikes yellow screens a lot)

The second best thing is strong radio, no call drops and fantastic evdo speed.

Sleek, unique design, just the right size, feels great in hands.

One issue that I have been facing is that while typing text I invariable hit the home button while hitting the space bar, i have reduced the height of the navbar but still it happens a lot.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2

I'm on Note 3 by Sprint, the screen had dual hoziontal window s view cover before I got it I guess. Because when I use the phone if the background is full white I can clearly see 2 horizontal discoloration. That instant I knew it's due that cover. It's because if UV exposure with that cover. Only the open section of the screen was exposed to outside UV.

Wi-Fi s**ks big time. Not as instant as earlier galaxy S series.

I have also compared Quadrant and Antutu scores with LG G2 & Note 3, though the numeric scores have a big difference, when one tries to run same programmes on both there is a mili second lead in the Note.

If you are person who is always on the move then this phone is not recommended, if you have a car to move around at ALL TIMES & have all the time in the world then maybe you can go for this.

I would recommend the G2 the best compared to any phone on RIMWEB.

• Like 2

I'm on Note 3 by Sprint, the screen had dual hoziontal window s view cover before I got it I guess. Because when I use the phone if the background is full white I can clearly see 2 horizontal discoloration. That instant I knew it's due that cover. It's because if UV exposure with that cover. Only the open section of the screen was exposed to outside UV.

I have also compared Quadrant and Antutu scores with LG G2 & Note 3, though the numeric scores have a big difference, when one tries to run same programmes on both there is a mili second lead in the Note.

If you are person who is always on the move then this phone is not recommended, if you have a car to move around at ALL TIMES & have all the time in the world then maybe you can go for this.

Hmm alreday ordered a note 3, looks like need to rethink.

Let it come in my hands, lets see What is to be done.

But g2 is perfect, omh rocks

Hmm alreday ordered a note 3, looks like need to rethink.

Let it come in my hands, lets see What is to be done.

But g2 is perfect, omh rocks

Yup another G2 user here, who can vouch for G2 against Note 3. I had a chance to play with friend's Note 3 for a while. I was not so impressed. But when I got G2 in my hand, WOW is the first thing which came to my mind.

BTW anyone able to get data working on OMH for LS980 KK?

Sprint Connection Optimizer keeps popping up every now and then.

Also, wifi turns itself on every now and then.

Any solutions to the above?

Sprint Connection Optimizer keeps popping up every now and then.

Also, wifi turns itself on every now and then.

Any solutions to the above?

Rename system/app/WIFIOffloader.apk

Can someone confirm if OTG works on ZVC KK or not?

Can someone confirm if OTG works on ZVC KK or not?

Not sure about zvc...

But working with zv8

I have unlocked my sprint LG G2, it`s working fine with gsm.

But when i put cdma sim in it then i can make only 1st call thereafter i am not able to call any number. only dialing comes and call disconnects even incoming is also not working.

I again able to use it for 1 call if i reboot.

Kindly help me out.

I have unlocked my sprint LG G2, it`s working fine with gsm.

But when i put cdma sim in it then i can make only 1st call thereafter i am not able to call any number. only dialing comes and call disconnects even incoming is also not working.

I again able to use it for 1 call if i reboot.

Kindly help me out.

This is noticed problem..

One of my friend faced same issue in his phone..

The same phone which faced same problem as yours in gondia was working fine in Jalgaon..

Ultimately he settled for s3