Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

LG G2 LS980 Sprint CDMA/GSM

How can I get 3G working on this LS980 ? I recharged with 3G but still getting GPRS only.. anyone able to use 3G on this unlocked device ?

How can I get 3G working on this LS980 ? I recharged with 3G but still getting GPRS only.. anyone able to use 3G on this unlocked device ?

Ahh It gets working automatically after a reboot. Actually these sprint spark icons are confusing... :P

Guys, whats your G2's battery backup with RCDMA network? Im getting bit around 20 hours on moderate usage with data ON full time. Screen on Time is about 4 hours. I was expecting much more than this TBH. Should I be worried? I tried disabling a lot of apps and bloatwares from sprint and Google, flashing other kernels etc. But all in vain.

Guys, whats your G2's battery backup with RCDMA network? Im getting bit around 20 hours on moderate usage with data ON full time. Screen on Time is about 4 hours. I was expecting much more than this TBH. Should I be worried? I tried disabling a lot of apps and bloatwares from sprint and Google, flashing other kernels etc. But all in vain.

What you are getting is great, inactivity really awesome.

Sent from SM-N900P - NOTE 3

What you are getting is great, inactivity really awesome.

Sent from SM-N900P - NOTE 3

I see.

Inactivity?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Today morning touchscreen of my sprint g2 went bad. Part area not registering touch. Seems a very common problem with this phone. Anyone else having this problem in rimweb and any apparent solution. Don't even want to change LCD, cos apparently this can happen again. e5esebug.jpg

U will need a new digitizer.

And an expert with nimble hands. Not very easy to remove the digitizer on the g2.

In the meantime if you must access that non working part of the screen, u can attach a normal usb mouse via otg cable. Will work without any fuss. Though not a permanent solution, can help in case of emergency.

The costlier option is to get the whole lcd assembly (display plus touch) replaced

Well in my experience with changing touchscreen only in the new phones is a very risky proposition.

Even if u manage to separate the LCD and the digitizer, repasting it is bound to get dirt or finger marks or gaps at the sides. Not advisable.

Also if it is not a one off issue no point in wasting money on replacing LCD, better use it as it is. Slight inconvenience though.

More of a frustrating experience with us guys used to latest phones

Same thing happened to me! Get in touch with LG USA they will replace it. I have sent mine!

Did u mail them or called? And warranty would be valid with shipping yo US only.

Which means sending it to US and then getting back from US incl customs charges. Am I correct or is there some other arrangements.

Yeah I mailed them and then contacted them . Check my number on my profile and call me ill help you out

Sorry cudnt contact and was out on a tour for couple of days

Btw wondering if pestering Indian lg service will be of any help. Maybe should try if nobody has tried so far

I tried contacting. They said that I'd have to replace the screen costing 8176! So I contacted us lg and they agreed to replace it .

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Iuvume9a3.jpg

I suggest all to stay away from G2 as this problem of one section of LCD going completely dead has been reported world over. It seems this defect is only on Kit Kat and recently my phone also started having problem, horizontal section where numbers 1,2&3 are shown in dialer section does not register touch. Flashing anything other than ZVC also does not solve the problem.

My phone bought from Parin was BNIB. my other phone which was gifted to me by a friend same G2 is still on 4.2 does not have this problem.

What is the meaning of the above picture? Does LG already know that this problem exists? Or its a precautionary message on any LG phone which shows every time you reboot of the LCD is damaged.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

And I guess all those on kitkat ZVC should revert back to a previous build before they too encounter such a problem..

Its better to be safe on ZVA than sorry on ZVC..

I am on zv8 i am use this phone more than one month work fine

Yeah its becoming a big issue but once ur getting in touch with LG they are replacing it! So be polite to them and u cn get It done

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I am on zv8 i am use this phone more than one month work fine

Stay on that do not update.

Rather, as advised several times on the forum(s), for imported phones do not upgrade your OS/Radio etc if its working fine. We have phones which do not have warranty etc. So its best not to fiddle with something which is working.

But i know some people who just cant live without upgrading software, then you see posts like .. please help me with Jtag provider etc. :(

As a mantra - "Dont mess with something which is working fine ! Use Itch Guard"

I got a G2 on ZV8 - only change done was change RUIM mode, rooted / OTA blocked, and living happily ever after.

Here are my two cents :

Upgrades bring new features as well as some other constraints for us(who are using imported phones).

What I suggest is that we should only upgrade after reading about its outcome. I know many people who take ota on rooted phone and then the phone goes in bootloop. This is just one example.

Not reading properly and then upgrading might result in brick also. Happened with me too.

But there are phones which works perfectly fine after upgradation too.

So just making a mantra of not upgrading would be like buying Ferrari and keeping it in garage only out of fear.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Ferrari in garage is overstatement ! You mean the original stock is good for nothing ? I dont think so tim !

More time is wasted in reading / upgrading and fixing than what you would have ever gained for slight tweaks here and there.

And all the best with Jtag.

Well it is not just a kitkat problem IMHO. I am still on zv8 and never even upgraded to zva let alone kitkat, but I do have this problem. Also another friend in mumbai has the same problem on zva also. So this is regardless of the os build.

Well it is not just a kitkat problem IMHO. I am still on zv8 and never even upgraded to zva let alone kitkat, but I do have this problem. Also another friend in mumbai has the same problem on zva also. So this is regardless of the os build.

In sure he must have tried to downgrade thinking that might help.

The issue is probably because of the heat. It may resolve by changing the governor "ondemand" to "interactive" via Trickster Mod app. Interactive governor is quick at underclocking and overclocking the device.

Now here are the steps you have to do:

1. Download and install Trickster MOD Kernel Settings app from the Google Play Store.
  2. Launch the app and grant SuperUser permission when prompted.
  3. Slide the app page to the left till you see the Kernel Generals settings.Trickster-MOD-Kernel-Settings.jpg
  4. Under the CPU Governor Control head and change its value from “demand” to“interactive”.
  5. Now tap on Settings icon on the top bar and check the “Kernel Settings” option under “Set on Boot” tab.
  6. Now reboot your devices and get ready to enjoy faster performance and better battery life on your LG G2. If you are having overheating issue on your phone, it should also be fixed along with lag.
Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us

• Like 1