Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

LG G2 LS980 Sprint CDMA/GSM

just dumped d3rpg2 milestone and moved to d3rpg2 bareback.

anyone tried latest cyanogenMod with cdma data?

I am having difficulty in getting SPC , either using ##code mentioned by Vinod or few tools mentioned in XDA ... I just wanted to enable RUIM so that I can make use of this phone in MTS network .. Currently I am running this with Airtel GSM.

Don't have DFS , any paid service here in Chennai who can just enable RUIM. Thanks

ZVC ... and for last few days I am running 2Faced ROM (G3 ported to G2) .. but I have been switching between stock ZVC and 2Faced ROM.

I am having difficulty in getting SPC , either using ##code mentioned by Vinod or few tools mentioned in XDA ... I just wanted to enable RUIM so that I can make use of this phone in MTS network .. Currently I am running this with Airtel GSM.

Don't have DFS , any paid service here in Chennai who can just enable RUIM. Thanks

##code does not work on 4.4... You will need to downgrade for ##code to work..

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

@lipakprusty

If ##code is not working for u it means u r on zvc (4.4.2)

Try dis method it worked in my case

1. Put phone in download mode (vol up and power button)
2. Use CDMA Workshop's security tab to write SPC to 000000 using LG method.
3. Reboot. ##3424# does not even ask for SPC now.
4. Use CDMA Workshop's security tab to Read SPC using LG method.
5. Use CDMA Workshop's security tab to write SPC to 000000 using LG method.

Source

• Like 1

Thanks ... I had tried this one ..but I don't have CDMA workshop .. so tried with free tools (refereed in XDA / free DFS version) .. that's why I am checking if I can utilize some paid DFS service here in Chennai

Also , right now I am downloading ZVA tot , to downgrade to ZVA as mentioned by @kmc251 ... let me see if this works.

@Amit .... Tried CDMA workshop in download mode.

When I read , I get this message : Digit Only (Decimal) and in the space for SPC I see something like this :~00

When I write , I get this message : Range Check Error

I have used LG Method in Security Tab

I have used a tool from xda developers by oriax123 which helps in finding Spc only.

Very easy to use tool and works fine with LG G2 on Kitkat.

Just google it and u will find it. If not, let me know and will share the exact link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2394499

This is the tool which is required. However, for this tool to work, ur phone should have Usb debugging enabled as well Diag Mode should be enabled from ##3424#

@Amit .... Tried CDMA workshop in download mode.

When I read , I get this message : Digit Only (Decimal) and in the space for SPC I see something like this :~00

When I write , I get this message : Range Check Error

I have used LG Method in Security Tab

Bro when u r in download mode just set the spc to 000000 and write it by lg method ....u ll get msg phone dose not respond (ignore it)

and then on ur phone ,enable diag mode by ##3424# and now read the d spc by lg method

Automatically ur OG msl/spc will appear

If still u r not getting PM me ,i will do it by team viewer

This is the tool which is required. However, for this tool to work, ur phone should have Usb debugging enabled as well Diag Mode should be enabled from ##3424#

To enable diag mode u need spc. I m not sure how it works on kk

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by ankurcshah

thanks all for extending your support ... all tools mentioned above have already been tried with no sucess. Enabled DIAG mode without SPC (using command in terminal emulator) and used above mentioned tools without scuess. Closest one was the one Amit had mentioned (Download mode + CDMA workshop) ...... As Amit mentioned I tried writing 000000 using LG method , it threw error "Range Check Error" .. then tried going to DIAG mode , asked for MSL .. entered 000000 .. No luck.

Right now I am downloading ZVA tot (2gb file :-( ) .. if it doesn't work , will connect back with AMit to see if he can help (using Team viewer)

To enable diag mode u need spc. I m not sure how it works on kk

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2

Ankurbhai, u r exactly right that to enable diag mode Spc would be required but sometimes I have seen that Diag mode is already enabled.

What I meant was that just check in ##3424# and if diag mode is enabled then u can go ahead and use the oriax123 method.

If diag mode is disable then the option remains is to flash ZVA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downgraded to ZVA and ##code works , got the SPC ... Enabled RUIM using DFS (demo version). MTS sim works like a charm .. thanks everybody for your help.

In rarest of rare cases diag mode is enabled. Most of the phones it aint bro.

Quick question, does data work ONLY with ZVA rom. Have upgraded to zvc but doesn't get data automatically in MTS OMH. Do I need to do some special config or shall I revert back to zva. Thanks

any success on enabling tithering and wifi hotspot on ZVA?

already tried native hotspot mode from XDA, but no success.

Quick question, does data work ONLY with ZVA rom. Have upgraded to zvc but doesn't get data automatically in MTS OMH. Do I need to do some special config or shall I revert back to zva. Thanks

Root>install Rom toolbox lite>edit build prop value target operator to "spr".data will work on reboot.cons:WiFi tether won't work,need to add "0" when dialling number..

Is it possible to downgrade to zv8 from zvc. As i have tested its possible to downgrade from zva to zv8 but not sure about zvc to zv8

Can downgrade anyway any combination. All work using the flash tool.

The oriax tool works on KK for SPC.

Thanks for your quick reply and support.

Is it possible to downgrade to zv8 from zvc. As i have tested its possible to downgrade from zva to zv8 but not sure about zvc to zv8

yes did it yesterday

ZVC stock rooted to ZV8

yes did it yesterday

ZVC stock rooted to ZV8

Thanks for update and confirmation

any success on enabling tithering and wifi hotspot on ZVA?

already tried native hotspot mode from XDA, but no success.

Got the hotspot working in zva, by changing operator to open, applied native hotspot mode, and then changed back the operator to spr

Edited by ssr