Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

LG G2 LS980 Sprint CDMA/GSM

You get missed call because you have renamed the file omadmclient.apk to bak.

Remove .bak then test incoming. Then in call settings kindly enable call reject . Rename omadmclient back to .bak and disable call reject.

You should be on build zv8 on 4.2.2.. If you are on build zva you might face call drop problem.

Edited by KESHAV_IS
  • Like 1

I already had one LS980 so am aware of all ZV8/ZVA/ZVC/LP and other stuff

I got another G2 LS980 for using in GSM . I don't want to use it in CDMA RUIM

I am facing a very peculiar problem on new G2 LS980

This G2 now only work in Cellone GSM . In all other GSM carriers , I tested Reliance and Airtel it shows signal correctly ,including 2G and 3G separately and DATA works in 2G and 3G but no calls or SMS .

I have tested from TOT to ZV8

TOT to ZVC

ROMS ZVD , CloudyG3 2.0 , CloudyG3 2.1 , Affliction ROM , LP ROMS - AICP , Plain Andy .

The error in all others GSM SIM except Cellone is " restricted access changed " . It changes as per ROMs like " OUT OF SERVICE " but in all DATA works and no calls and SMS with correct signal .

I would have felt that G2/PC/files/ROM might have issue but all these things are same for old G2 where all these GSM SIM work fine . I have not flashed any patched radio . I have TOTed it 6/7 times now from ZV8 to ZVC but still issue persists . BUT CELLONE CALLS/SMS/DATA all work fine .

Check screenshot .

This issue is driving me nuts . Any pointers will be greatly appreciated

post-72409-0-93912500-1421479173_thumb.p

Edited by kuduku

I already had one LS980 so am aware of all ZV8/ZVA/ZVC/LP and other stuff

I got another G2 LS980 for using in GSM . I don't want to use it in CDMA RUIM

I am facing a very peculiar problem on new G2 LS980

This G2 now only work in Cellone GSM . In all other GSM carriers , I tested Reliance and Airtel it shows signal correctly ,including 2G and 3G separately and DATA works in 2G and 3G but no calls or SMS .

I have tested from TOT to ZV8

TOT to ZVC

ROMS ZVD , CloudyG3 2.0 , CloudyG3 2.1 , Affliction ROM , LP ROMS - AICP , Plain Andy .

The error in all others GSM SIM except Cellone is " restricted access changed " . It changes as per ROMs like " OUT OF SERVICE " but in all DATA works and no calls and SMS with correct signal .

I would have felt that G2/PC/files/ROM might have issue but all these things are same for old G2 where all these GSM SIM work fine . I have not flashed any patched radio . I have TOTed it 6/7 times now from ZV8 to ZVC but still issue persists . BUT CELLONE CALLS/SMS/DATA all work fine .

Check screenshot .

This issue is driving me nuts . Any pointers will be greatly appreciated

Solved it

For anyone else facing it .

Somehow a extra 0 got added before actual IMEI making it 16 digits

Removed the extra 0 from IMEI and all was well

• Like 1

I m using custom rom on kk 4.4.2 with gsm unlock i want to use reliance cdma ruim. On KK data ruim on reliance is possible now or not ???? anyone have tested this..plz suggest guys if anyone have done that.

Facing problem on zv8...i downgrade from KitKat rom to zv8..make it ruim only..calling,sms working ok but no data :(. I m using OMH sim still not having even 1x sign. Plz help experts.

I'm using LG G2 LS980, software ZV8, Android 4.2.2 , GSM unlocked.

I have not been able to get GPS lock for navigation. Tried some of the GPS Fix apps from Playstore but no luck.

Any ideas to get GPS Lock??

Me too looking for the same..

the moment you open navigation, whenin 2 minutes you hear GPS signal lost.

it is very irritating to notice such poor performance on GPS for such a good phone

after returning from international travel,

my G2 (OHM sim, Reliance CDMA) is not working in EVDO.

and after a long gap, I have become kind of noob on this.

Can someone please give some pointer to fix this issue.

just checked Settings->Abount->netwok type and it was in cdmax 1x till now and switched to evdo sudenly.

Is reliance downgraded towers recently, maintaining only cdma 1x?

When I reboot my mobile, the network type will be EVDO reA, but after it connects this will be changed to 1xRTT

Edited by ssr

Thanx for for extended support sir....

everything is working fine.....

Welcome

Hi everyone pls help

My g2 wrks gr8 on gsm

But on rcdma in ruim only ie wen i use cdma sim i can make 1st call and then no call msg etc

I m on stock zvd rooted and unlocked gsm

M dying to use rcdma

Ruim or nv mode doesnt matter

I'm using LG G2 LS980, software ZV8, Android 4.2.2 ,CDMA unlocked on reliance cdma(ruim).

i have a few queries

1. will obtaining the msl code ehelp me in anyway in unlocking.

2. If i unlock it for gsm use on kitkat will it support lte here in india on any of the operators.

3. Can i still move to cdma nv? ( Can i use cdma on ruim or should i wait for lollipop exploits)

4. A narrow strip of touchscreen isn't working best way to get repaired or whats wrong.

Any help is appreciated

I have read the messages on rimweb and even tried to unlock my sprint G2, but I was unsuccessfull in that. Now am getting error whenever I insert any simcard 'android error unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped'. Can somebody of Gurus please help me unlocking and getting rid of the the above error.
I am not an expert in this process, please help !!!

Flash tot file and start from scratch.

Sent from HTC M8 using Tapatalk.

Using ZV7 stock ROM. And the problem is, I could only connect to 1X network on CDMA, when I switch the network to EvDO only, no network could be connected.

Does anyone have the same problem as I do? Is there any solution regarding this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Using ZV7 stock ROM. And the problem is, I could only connect to 1X network on CDMA, when I switch the network to EvDO only, no network could be connected.

Does anyone have the same problem as I do? Is there any solution regarding this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Most probably evdo aka HSD is not activated on your mdn.

Send HSD as sms to 55333 or 55444 for prepaid and postpaid respectively to get evdo activated.

Or try a different sim for a change

Sent from THE NOTE 3 .. size matters and so does the battery backup .....

Flash to ZV8 tot and enable ruim mode.

Assuming you already have the proper simcard.

RGE series won't work on LS980!!

^ Can you please elaborate on the "RGE series won't work on LS980" statement ?

Is this confirmed ? I have a RGERU series sim, I have completed all the steps, but my device is not detecting the network.

(I had used a RCDMA sim earlier, and it used to work fine)

:previous:

As far as CDMA is cocerned, use a RECRUC sim on G2. In my experience, G2 never picked up any signal on a RGERUC simcard.

Lots of permutations and combinations with handsets and sims these days!!! :bash:

I've been using LG G2 LS980, on stock ZV8, Android 4.2.2 , Cdma on RUIM for a long time with no problems till now.

Recently I've started getting these problems......

When people call me, mostly they get engaged tone even when phone is free.

Also, when I switch Data on, I get "Unable to establish wireless data connection". Data comes on but after a few tries. EVDO speed is also very slow.

I bought a new RECRUC series sim and still the same problems remain.

Any pointers??

Hi Mr.Expert :-),

I am facing difficulty in configuring my LG G2 LS980 for using MTS Data Services. I already use the voice and sms services and have no issues.

I had the old sim card with me before and so chaged to the OMH (Open Market Handset) sim recently and tried but that too did not help.

I tried with DFS trial version and also confirmed that the SIM mode was "RUIM ONLY"

I even tried adding a new APN in the settings --> networks but in CDMA mode the APN setting is deasbled.

I then tried adding APN using "ANY CUT" app but that did not help.

So now the summery is with you. Please look into this and help me to get EVDO data on my phone.

Looking forward for your kind help.

Regards,

Basavaraddi P M

@ashish. Did u get evdo activated after getting sim card changed? I guess that is the issue.

@ashish. Did u get evdo activated after getting sim card changed? I guess that is the issue.

@David. EVDO also got transferred to the new sim alongwith the number transfer request.

Like I said before, EVDO does work, but after switching the Data on and off, after a few tries.

I tried inserting this sim in another Sprint G2 (Same parameters), and same problem with Data occurs. So, it's definitely not a phone software problem.

I guess its a sim series issue.

Can other LG G2 (Sprint) users please confirm which sim works and which doesn't?

Maybe I'll need to deactivate and reactivate EVDO?

Hmm. Try that. Coz in most cases improper or no evdo activation is the main issue for data not working.