Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

LG G2 LS980 Sprint CDMA/GSM

gr8, thanks will update shortly :hi2:

What to do about the one call issue :(

Vinod, for me also sms is not working, data and call works outof the box.

Did u try factory reset to make it work ?

Sms incoming?

yes no incoming messages at all, I also tried factory reset, today I will try Ultra rom based on ZVG

today morning switched to Ultra ZVG ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-g2/development/rom-ultrapop-t3102895)

Finally started reciving SMS now after switching to Google messenger application,

I have also tried to rename stock mms and lg sms applications. So I really do not know which method actually worked.

I can confirm that its bz of lgusmms.apk. just rename that and install some other messenger app to get SMS in ZVG

What to do about the one call issue :(

Any update on this.:wacko:

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Try with a new SIM

• Like 1

NV registrations have stopped, which means ONLY & ONLY old phones which have their MEID already registered Will work and no new phones, Unless you really have some good connections in backend of Reliance.

I was trying to make my already registered phone work with lollipop (its currently on nv mode) but it only seems to work on ZV8. if I update, I get 1 call issue... thats why I was asking if there is any way to make relaince work on nv.

• Like 1

UPDATED TO ZVG LOLIPOP Android 5.0.0 RUIM Data works without any tweaks.

So I can update to lollipop and use ruim without any unlocking and root from stock jb?

Can someone give me a noon guide on how to install the zvg firmware on a rooted ls980 running jellybean. And preferably while preserving all my data please,I would like to do I today itself so a quick reply would be appreciated.

u have to unroot and unmodify all the changes u have done which required root permission, and push the update zip (from ZVC to ZVG) from ADB sideload.

or use OTA update many times. if you do any mistake u will temporary brick the phone.

clean method would be to Use ZVE TOT flash, then OTA to ZVG which will erase everything in phone including internal memory

Search XDA there are many guides

and if u upgrade ZVG u still need to root to remove sprint bloatware which eats battery and increase temparature.

if u are in zv8 rooted and want to switch to lollipop , then use cm12 with 5.1.

call, data, sms & hotspot works out of the box

Edited by ssr
  • Like 1

Did flash the zve and sideloaded the zvg update works fine and greenified the rest.. 4 hours sot with 5 hours of calling.

How do i flash twrp?

first u need to root using ioroot and then either use autorec or freegee.

search in xda/rimweb forums

Edited by ssr
  • Like 1

I am in custom zvd rom i want to install ultra zvg rom with cdma data but how to go about it i have no idea how to get ota or sideload adb what to do?

I am in custom zvd rom i want to install ultra zvg rom with cdma data but how to go about it i have no idea how to get ota or sideload adb what to do?

custom zvd may not get OTA, u must have install stock ROM to get OTA automatically.

even if u manage to get OTA in custom ROM u will end up in soft bricking,

so unless ZVG tot file is available u have to install older stock ROM and then upgrade to ZVG

Edited by ssr

custom zvd may not get OTA, u must have install stock ROM to get OTA automatically.

so unless ZVG tot file is available u have to install older stock ROM and then upgrade to ZVG

Ok so if i go into stock zve by tot method then will i be able to work cdma with data? And also in zvg will it work with omh sim?

Ok so if i go into stock zve by tot method then will i be able to work cdma with data? And also in zvg will it work with omh sim?

as for as I remember stock ZVE does not have data, but ZVG has data from start without any tweeks.

u may have to switch to different SMS app else u will not receive SMS

I was only using OHM CDMA sim with all the above steps, I don't know about NV mode.

• Like 1

how do i enter download mode to flash a tot file after i have flashed a custom recovery

Same method... press vol up and then insert usb cable.

I dont know why but in Stock Lollipop, DFS is not detecting my G2..Debugging On and DIAG Enabled...

NO Port Number Seen while other ADB function work perfectly.

Any Suggestions or any point that I am missing ??

Thanks