Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

LG G2 LS980 Sprint CDMA/GSM

Thats the only option I believe. Flashing tot file.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Long shot but might be able to recover OS

If 1: You have a backup of original backup of build.prop or can get it for you phone/os version

If 2: The dd commands works on G2 from download mode (Works on G4 / G Flex 2 for sure)

If 3 (The biggest If): You are able to mount the /system as read-write from download mode then you replace the original file

Ref: https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/comments/3ir4zn/guide_how_to_root_all_versions/ [step 9 onwards]

Random thought: You are not able to put the phone in Airplane mode when you have startup wizard after reset ? That might stop the the error pop-up loop

Otherwise Tot will work and you`ll have a fresh os.

All the best.

@snorlax, @ phonegeek, @nishsuxx

Thanks for the inputs guys.

@Nishsuxx, thanks for the detailed suggestions. Bloody nothing worked. The pop-ups didn't allow me to get a grip on anything. Airplane mode also didn't work.

Maybe if I had a flashable stock build.prop zip, then flashing that would've worked through adb sideload, but searched the net like crazy and didn't find it.

Since phone was not in debug, I thought the tot flash would not work, but it did.

Managed to tot back to zv8 through tot.

Now all is ok.

Entire afternoon went doing R&D :(

Lesson learned.

Always have nandroid backup other than on phone, you never know when you will need it.

Good that you recovered your phone.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Nice way to hide identity!!!

LOL............

Anyways, that was a real wild guess that data on RUIM will not work if you had made NV changes. May be the reason is something different but the solution is to restore the original EFS, then change phone to RUIM mode and then pop in your SIM!

@phonegeek

If EFS back up wasn't done than any other way to resore EFS back ?

Hello all Senior members,

I have recently purchased LG G2 (VS980 - Verizon) from ebay. Seller told me that it is programmed to work with Reliance evdo Rev A with REC series diamond OMH sim. However, when I received the handset, i found that only Voice & SMS are working, its showing 1X & 3G signal but data is not working at all. Now, seller is also not giving proper answers and avoiding me.

Therefore, please guide me how should i get evdo data working on this handset. I belong to Maharashtra circle.

Eagerly waiting for your valuable replies.

Thanks in advance...!!!

That's the difference between buying via rimweb and eBay sir

As regards your issue, m not sure.

Edited by snorlax

update... seller has agreed for replacement... he is asking me to buy sprint version as according to him its more compatible with reliance ruim than verizon...... but i am thinking of buying M8......pls advise.

Strange new error since yesterday on my G2 LS980 4.2.2

I opened FreeGee app in my app list and it does not go beyond "Downloading supported device list"

Upon pulling the notification bar down, I see "files downloading". Everytime I try to open the app, more files get added to the list if files being downloaded.

Download progress bar does not go beyond 0%. Tried uninstalling the app. App gets uninstalled, but this notification does not go.

Help please.

2016-05-17-19-00-34.png

Screenshot_2016-05-17-19-01-22.png

Strange new error since yesterday on my G2 LS980 4.2.2

I opened FreeGee app in my app list and it does not go beyond "Downloading supported device list"

Upon pulling the notification bar down, I see "files downloading". Everytime I try to open the app, more files get added to the list if files being downloaded.

Download progress bar does not go beyond 0%. Tried uninstalling the app. App gets uninstalled, but this notification does not go.

Help please.

LS990 any tweaks for GSM? I know its a wrong thread. But cant find a solution anywhere else.

LS990 

Running: Ressurection Remix

Looking for: GSM

And Hopeful about 4G support with Reliance 4G.

Hopeless RCDMA user! 

Guys, anybody tried any tweaks successfully for GPS lock on the LG G2??

Lately, GPS just refuses to lock.