Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

FIX for people who have installed TWRP and stuck after OTA update

Source

If you see TWRP everytime you boot after OTA update, Follow the code below.

VERY IMPORTANT:

CODES HAVE TO BE TYPED EXACTLY AS SHOWN WITH SPACES & PUNCTUATION, ONE SMALL MISTAKE CAN GIVE YOU A HARD UNRECOVERABLE BRICK. 

You should have ADB access, connect phone and use this command.

Code:

adb shell
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota of=/sdcard/fota-backup.img
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

After all the code is sent, use TWRP menu to reboot the phone. or use adb reboot command.

If you dont have ADB, then use TWRP terminal command and follo the code below.

Code:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

Reboot :)

Edited by Vinod Nayak
  • Like 3

@ People doing this.....before doing this please make sure your EFS is safely backed up.

Because if you lose it during any flashing process - your phone will be rendered a useless brick with no way of going back.

Vinod ji,

I'm on ZVA version looking to downgrade using this method but phone is not being detected by LG Flash Tool... windows 7 cannot locate CDC Serial drivers....

pls help .. thx

See if you're drivers are installed properly or not.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

@gauravjc make sure you downgrade the radio first before downgrading the rom...else you can end up with a brick.

Thanks solarisx21 ... how do u downgrade the radio can u pls help ??

Download the ZV8 radio (from xda autoprime post) flash radio first, then downgrade rom. Let me know if you cannot find the radio...will post link.

• Like 1

Thanks got it ....

Vinod bhai I've read other posts of downgrading to stock but its written there you have to change the date of the LG flash fool and disconnect the internet and stuff, do I have to do the same thing before starting the process?

I'm trying to do this my I dont see LGE something under ports,

its showing RIM virtual serial

See if you're drivers are installed properly or not.

when Im trying to install drivers, it says BASE SYSTEM DEVICE drivers not found

Vinod bhai I've read other posts of downgrading to stock but its written there you have to change the date of the LG flash fool and disconnect the internet and stuff, do I have to do the same thing before starting the process?

That's the old method. This is the easier way. Here no need to change date or disconnect internet. Please read the OP.

hi,

as far as i know, u cannot download ringtones from the internet into LG 2030 ... u're stuck with the ones on R world. all u can do with the cabe is surf the web using your phone as a modem ... nothing more !!

You need to enable diag mode ##3424# enter SPC and enable select on enable.

i unplugged the phone when it was still at 94%, it wasn't going any further. LG flash said download fail

does that mean im in trouble now? or it was done already?

my phone is fine though

i unplugged the phone when it was still at 94%, it wasn't going any further. LG flash said download fail

my phone is fine though

That's a bug in the flash tool. It never goes to 100%, at one time it says rebooting 120 secs, that's around 85%, at that time phone reboots, you can unplug it. Your phone is complete stock now.

^^^ Yes it is fine once the phone reboots. You don't need to worry about what LG Flash Tool is saying once your phone boots successfully.

Download the ZV8 radio (from xda autoprime post) flash radio first, then downgrade rom. Let me know if you cannot find the radio...will post link.

Hi, my g2 (Sprint) got updated to LS980ZVB (4.4.2). I want to downgrade or root, what could be the solution?

Thanks.

my phone is fine though

That's a bug in the flash tool. It never goes to 100%, at one time it says rebooting 120 secs, that's around 85%, at that time phone reboots, you can unplug it. Your phone is complete stock now.

ok thanks for the help, and what is the other problem that you have mentioned about the TWRP? Am i gonna have that issue if i have not installed TWRP?

Hi, my g2 (Sprint) got updated to LS980ZVB (4.4.2). I want to downgrade or root, what could be the solution?

Thanks.

Sprint released 4.4.2 ROM update for G2? Or is it just the firmware update?

Thanks.

Sprint released 4.4.2 ROM update for G2? Or is it just the firmware update?

My android version updated to 4.4.2 and software version updated to LS980ZVB. I thinks sprint is testing Kitkat on G2, its not a final version. Do you have any solution to root or downgrade this version?

^Why do you take updates without understanding what it is ?

First read up about the update on XDA and then take it.....will avoid a lot of headache.

@solarisx21 if u not have solution. Kindly not give answered.

But not give this type of answers.

Sent from my XT907

my phone is fine though

ok thanks for the help, and what is the other problem that you have mentioned about the TWRP? Am i gonna have that issue if i have not installed TWRP?
That's if you have updated the phone with TWRP recovery. Many get stuck on TWRP mode, phone gets a bootloop on TWRP. Only for that. Good that you got the 4.4.x update. Where are you located?

Don't downgrade. For now stay with that update

@vijaymalhotra -

Its not a question of whether I have a solution or not.....if you do things without understanding the process, you could end up with a bricked device. This is for your own good....

Eg: taking a update on a custom recovery, doing a flash without esn backup... - leads to a brick. Why go through the trouble of unbricking steps, when it can be completely avoided in the first place.

Whats the harm in reading up a little ?