Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Friends, I tried downloading the stock firmware from the link provided at least 8 to 10 times from different networks with different speed in different pc. But the download stops at 80%-85% & wen resumed with download manager, I get a message of corrupt archive. Pls advise as is a huge file & have waited for hrs but no luck

Do not use data manager. Download using normal firefox or chrome it dint gimme any problems

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

i could't find LG Flash, the same that u used.

Can u help me gimme the source where u donwload it?

Hi a friend of mind had this g2 (LS980) and is stuck up with this thing... he got an ota update when it updated it got reboot and stuck on fastboot mode... he tried to get back to stock but didnt allow him to go to download mode... he messed it up and now its not booting to anything... as soon as connected to pc... the pc shows many removable disk connected and simply asks to format them... i am sure that is just a software problem... just want to know any other way to flash this thing... pls help...

thanks....

Change port to 41 and see if the tool detects the phone, keep it for charging for a.few hours, see if the phone heats, power button hold for 15 secs then while the comport is 41 connect the phone pressing volume down, see if it detects on flash tool, try and flash zvc. If it gives fail, try a diff comp. Diff usb cable. Same problem a friend had. Keep trying to flash.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi a friend of mind had this g2 (LS980) and is stuck up with this thing... he got an ota update when it updated it got reboot and stuck on fastboot mode... he tried to get back to stock but didnt allow him to go to download mode... he messed it up and now its not booting to anything... as soon as connected to pc... the pc shows many removable disk connected and simply asks to format them... i am sure that is just a software problem... just want to know any other way to flash this thing... pls help...

thanks....

Change port to 41 and see if the tool detects the phone, keep it for charging for a.few hours, see if the phone heats, power button hold for 15 secs then while the comport is 41 connect the phone pressing volume down, see if it detects on flash tool, try and flash zvc. If it gives fail, try a diff comp. Diff usb cable. Same problem a friend had. Keep trying to flash.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

@Vinod, it doesn't even go to download mode according to the description of Kunal(Kmc251), what he has in hand is a classic case of a phone stuck in QHUSB_ Bulk mode(if you check the device manager, you will see LG G2 detected as QHUSB_Bulk and as soon as you connect your phone, number of drives open, all of them prompting you to format to be used, except for only one drive). Thankfully there is a solution for this, but you need to have a linux OS to do recover it. Head over to the following thread @ XDA for detailed instructions.

WARNING: Don't download the files(partition files or img files) that are provided in the link which is given on that thread, they are for D802 model. Download LS980 files from here(those are ZV8 partitions, you can select ZV7 partitions as well). After downloading the necessary files that are required(like sbl1.img, aboot.img etc), follow the instructions given in that thread. Once again DON'T DOWNLOAD THE PARTITION FILES AVAILABLE IN THE LINK THAT IS PROVIDED IN THE THREAD, THEY ARE FOR D802, IF YOU DOWNLOAD ANY OF THEM & FLASH IT ON LS980 IT WILL BRICK, CAN'T STRESS MUCH.

• Like 1

Vinod bhai.. I was the one who messed up with his phone..

We checked somewhere that if phone not going in dn mode, we can flash in fastboot mode..

Now following that guide, i did erase all partitions viz recovery, etc etc.. But my 1 command made all wrong..

I used fastboot reboot which made phone reboot but then when it started the problem mentioned by Kunal started..

Point of changing port to 41 doesn't arise as there is no device shown in device manager...

Now Pl save him from selling his phone as parts..

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Vinodji thanks for the reply will tell him to try that and will post the results soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinod ji !

Accidentally updated G2 to Kitkat .. any chance we can use this method to downgrade back to stock ?

Thanks !

Yea yu can. It will work. Tried personally

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Vinod ji !

Accidentally updated G2 to Kitkat .. any chance we can use this method to downgrade back to stock ?

Thanks !

Ofcourse, you could. Do you have the diag mode enabled?

Vinod ji !

Thanks !

Yes i have diag mode enabled ... i have rooted ZVC but unable to install TWRP as its not available for this one yet....

How do i downgrade baseband and then get the stock rom back ?

Vinod ji !

Thanks !

Yes i have diag mode enabled ... i have rooted ZVC but unable to install TWRP as its not available for this one yet....

First tot to ZV8/ZVA using LG Flash tool. Get the required tot zip from here. Then follow Vinodji's tutorial. If ZVA, you need to downgrade to ZV8 aboot to get TWRP working. ZVA is nothing but spark bloatware. Spark is not applicable here. I suggest you stick with ZV8, if you are planning to stay with JB.

BTW TWRP works with KK ZVC but it breaks download mode. There is this autorec app which installs Twrp 2.7 and patched kernels which keeps download mode working. But many LS980 users including myself get white static lines issue after using the patched kernel. So what I usually do is install the recovery using autorec app whenever I need to use TWRP and undo it once Im done with it.

Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us

Vinod ji !

Thanks !

First tot to ZV8/ZVA using LG Flash tool. Get the required tot zip from here. Then follow Vinodji's tutorial. If ZVA, you need to downgrade to ZV8 aboot to get TWRP working. ZVA is nothing but spark bloatware. Spark is not applicable here. I suggest you stick with ZV8, if you are planning to stay with JB.

BTW TWRP works with KK ZVC but it breaks download mode. There is this autorec app which installs Twrp 2.7 and patched kernels which keeps download mode working. But many LS980 users including myself get white static lines issue after using the patched kernel. So what I usually do is install the recovery using autorec app whenever I need to use TWRP and undo it once Im done with it.

Thanks a lot ... really appreciate your quick response !!

First tot to ZV8/ZVA using LG Flash tool. Get the required tot zip from here. Then follow Vinodji's tutorial. 1) If ZVA, you need to downgrade to ZV8 aboot to get TWRP working. ZVA is nothing but spark bloatware. Spark is not applicable here. I suggest you stick with ZV8, if you are planning to stay with JB.

BTW TWRP works with KK ZVC but it breaks download mode. There is this autorec app which installs Twrp 2.7 and patched kernels which keeps download mode working. 2)But many LS980 users including myself get white static lines issue after using the patched kernel. So what I usually do is install the recovery using autorec app whenever I need to use TWRP and undo it once Im done with it.

1) I guess you were supposed to say ZVC instead of ZVA, isn't it?. If you really intended to say just ZVA only, then let me suggest a correction to it, it is ZVC that breaks the capability of unlocking bootloader(which means no recoveries) but not ZVA. We were able to flash recoveries on ZVA as well, but only on ZVC(Kitkat update) the problem has started. So, if you are on ZVC we need to flash ZVA/ZV7/ZV8 aboot, which are loki-able(read unlockable), so that we can flash recovery on kitkat as well.

2) The reason for white lines issue(Pls Note that this issue is been with some users only) is that those phones are having displays made by JDI(Japanese Display) rather than LG's own display which is being used in the majority of the devices. Note that this white line issue is not only confined to Sprint devices(LS980) but it is found on other models also. But thankfully the fix is already been found out by XDA Developer @Cloudyfa and if you use the updated or latest kernel(from any developer) then it should have this latest fix for the white lines issue and you won't have it(if at all you have it, because I didn't find this issue in the 5-6 devices that I've handled although I must say I followed the manual method to get recovery & download mode working on Kitkat instead of relying on AutoRec).

So, I suggest you to use AutoRec app to do all the stuff(downgrading aboot & laf partitions and then flashing the recovery as well as the kernel) normally and see if you are having white lines issue, if not no need to think about anything, otherwise just flash the latest kernel of any developer.

Note: There are two kernels being made by developers one for stock kitkat rom(s) & other for AOSP based kitkat roms, always flash the right kernel for the type of ROM you are about to flash(i.e., don't ever flash stock kernel for AOSP based kitkat roms or vice versa, doing so will definitely makes ur device stuck in boot loop and all kinds of issues and may even brick your device).

• Like 1

First tot to ZV8/ZVA using LG Flash tool. Get the required tot zip from here. Then follow Vinodji's tutorial. 1) If ZVA, you need to downgrade to ZV8 aboot to get TWRP working. ZVA is nothing but spark bloatware. Spark is not applicable here. I suggest you stick with ZV8, if you are planning to stay with JB.

BTW TWRP works with KK ZVC but it breaks download mode. There is this autorec app which installs Twrp 2.7 and patched kernels which keeps download mode working. 2)But many LS980 users including myself get white static lines issue after using the patched kernel. So what I usually do is install the recovery using autorec app whenever I need to use TWRP and undo it once Im done with it.

1) I guess you were supposed to say ZVC instead of ZVA, isn't it?. If you really intended to say just ZVA only, then let me suggest a correction to it, it is ZVC that breaks the capability of unlocking bootloader(which means no recoveries) but not ZVA. We were able to flash recoveries on ZVA as well, but only on ZVC(Kitkat update) the problem has started. So, if you are on ZVC we need to flash ZVA/ZV7/ZV8 aboot, which are loki-able(read unlockable), so that we can flash recovery on kitkat as well.

2) The reason for white lines issue(Pls Note that this issue is been with some users only) is that those phones are having displays made by JDI(Japanese Display) rather than LG's own display which is being used in the majority of the devices. Note that this white line issue is not only confined to Sprint devices(LS980) but it is found on other models also. But thankfully the fix is already been found out by XDA Developer @Cloudyfa and if you use the updated or latest kernel(from any developer) then it should have this latest fix for the white lines issue and you won't have it(if at all you have it, because I didn't find this issue in the 5-6 devices that I've handled although I must say I followed the manual method to get recovery & download mode working on Kitkat instead of relying on AutoRec).

So, I suggest you to use AutoRec app to do all the stuff(downgrading aboot & laf partitions and then flashing the recovery as well as the kernel) normally and see if you are having white lines issue, if not no need to think about anything, otherwise just flash the latest kernel of any developer.

Note: There are two kernels being made by developers one for stock kitkat rom(s) & other for AOSP based kitkat roms, always flash the right kernel for the type of ROM you are about to flash(i.e., don't ever flash stock kernel for AOSP based kitkat roms or vice versa, doing so will definitely makes ur device stuck in boot loop and all kinds of issues and may even brick your device).

Thank you for the corrections. Duly noted. Yeah I got mixed up with ZVA n ZVC. Never been on ZVA, hence the lack of knowledge.

Yeah that's why I mentioned white static lines issues only prevailed with some LS980 users. But didn't know other carriers also had this issue. So it was JDI which was behind this. Informative!

Great new kernels are ready already? I knew it was in the make. Can you please link it here so that it will be helpful to everyone. Thanks.

EDIT: Here's the link for the updated JDI kernel. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=51974589

As st_7 has rightly put, first install the autorec app, flash recoveries, kernels etc and check if you are getting white line issues. If you are getting white lines, then flash the above kernel in twrp to fix it.

P.S. I just flashed the latest JDI kernel over autorec installs. Twrp 2.7 and download mode working without a single strand of white static lines. Woot!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us

dear vinod,

All the above can be found on zip file here

in this link i didnt find LG Flash tool and meaglock.dll file.

Can u provide proper link plz..

dear vinod,

in this link i didnt find LG Flash tool and meaglock.dll file.

Can u provide proper link plz..

Here you go :-

LG Flashtool - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ls1i7ly8lykxzw/Setup_LGFlashTool_1.6.01.0529.zip

MegaLock - https://www.dropbox.com/s/5utds6e40hqfc1u/MegaLock.dll.zip

Need help in unlocking Ls980 on ZVC complete stock. Tried the unlocking method but didn't work.

My phone only reads the original Sprint Sim Card. If I insert any other sim, it says "no Sim card"

Can anyone help here?

Thanks so much to @varunpatel. He helped me to get it working. Gem of a person.

Thank you so much bro :) Really appreciated :D

• Like 1

Maniac VarunPatel is Nice Person I am Personally meet him.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Requirements

1 Stock LG G2 LS980 Firmware

2 LG Flash Tool

3 Dll file for LG G2 LS980 (LGLS980_20130904_LGFLASHv151.dll)

4 MegaLock.dll

LG G2 LS980 Drivers

Once the required files are downloaded and unzipped, install the LG Flash Tool to default C:\LG\LGFlashTool\

Then unzip the MegaLock.dll.zip file and place the MegaLock.dll file in same directory (C:\LG\LGFlashTool\)

Very Important

Connect your phone to Pc/Laptop

Under Pull Down notification of your phone change the USB settings

attachicon.gif15.png

From MTP to Charge Only

attachicon.gif16.png

Under Device Manager of your Pc/Laptop, Right click on Ports(COM & LPT) as show below in red and select

properties in yellow.

attachicon.gif10.png

Select Port Settings as show below

attachicon.gif11.png

Select Advanced as show below

attachicon.gif12.png

Select COM Port Number marked in red and choose COM41 marked in yellow as shown below.

attachicon.gif13.png

It should look like as shown below in red

attachicon.gif14.png

Unplug your phone from Pc/Laptop, switch it of.

Put the phone in DOWNLOAD mode by pressing and holding VOL UP key and plug in the USB cable,

If you see download mode on phone, give it 5 secs and unplug the USB cable from the phone.

Phone has to be in DOWNLOAD mode even after unplugging the USB cable.

Run LG Flash Tool & select manual mode marked in red as shown below in pic

attachicon.gif1.png

Once you have selected Manual mode, we have to choose the dll related to LS980, select browse as shown in pic below.

attachicon.gif2.png

Choose the dll file as shown in pic below, This dll file should be found in the main unzipped folder.

attachicon.gif3.png

After choosing the dll file now we have to add the firmware which needs to be flashed. so select "add" shown in red in pic below.

attachicon.gif4.png

Now select the firmware file with the extension *.tot (LS980ZV7_1.tot in our case) as shown in pic below.

attachicon.gif5.png

Once both the dll and the firmware are select choose ok as show in pic below.

attachicon.gif6.png

Now press the yellow arrow mark marked in red as shown in pic below.

attachicon.gif7.png

When you select the yellow arrow, you might get a popup saying "MilkyWay Control Port Open FAIL"

just select ok as shown below in pic.

attachicon.gif8.png

Wait for it !!!!!

attachicon.gif9.png

IF YOU GET THE ABOVE PIC !!! its time to connect your phone. Its very important for your phone to be in CHARGE ONLY mode.

This you have done earlier in the beginning.

Simple connect your phone and wait for the tool to get connected and the flash process to start.

Roughly it should take 2 to 3 minutes to flash. The phone will reboot when its still in flash process at around 85% or more.

Thats it your phone is fully flashed to complete stock, since its a full flash wait for the phone to boot as if its booting first time.

WAIT FOR IT. UNPLUG and enjoy your phone.

Feel free to ask questions before proceeding

everything on my phone is now gone.. can I get everything back?? and how??

If you can get to download mode you can follow the instructions given by vinod bhai to flash back to stock.