Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
::Hitesh::

Tutorial: How To Flash Sprint Moto X & any Moto G CDMA To Reliance CDMA

Thanks Hitesh for your prompt help!

My Moto G CDMA is MEID registered and I was using it for calling and SMS, sans the internet services.

I decided to follow Hitesh Sir's tutorial to get EVDO programming. Now, EVDO is well programmed in my phone, but somehow I erased the MIN number(definitely due to my fault).

Now I am stuck with my phone which is *228 ready, but on calling *228, they ask for a 9 digit PIN which is not known to me. Whats the way out? Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

any luck for SPR Moto X GSM unlock??

My Moto G CDMA is MEID registered and I was using it for calling and SMS, sans the internet services.

I decided to follow Hitesh Sir's tutorial to get EVDO programming. Now, EVDO is well programmed in my phone, but somehow I erased the MIN number(definitely due to my fault).

Now I am stuck with my phone which is *228 ready, but on calling *228, they ask for a 9 digit PIN which is not known to me. Whats the way out? Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

U can find ur min in old phone or in old sim.

Or even reotaf request can be given

Sent by Moto G on Reliance CDMA

• Like 1

Somebody tell me how to deactivate EVDO on my number?? Requesting at the WW is of no use because they dont understand crap.

Earlier I didnt have EVDO active on my number and was having troubles activating it. So as suggested on this thread, sent a mail to Netconnect.Broadband@relianceada.com

Now it says that my evdo is active. But my moto g is always working on 1x network even when i am in a good evdo network (Its not switching between evdo and 1x. Its constantly 1x only). I think Ive done the programming part correct.

Any suggestions??

Rewrite NV dump again. If evdo is already active from reliance, problem will be solved.

In my case also situation was same. I activated and deactivated evdo from reliance several times. Even Sent mail for reprovisioning, but I could get 1x only. Finally issue was solved by rewriting the NV dump.

Sent from my Evo Design 4G

• Like 1

U can find ur min in old phone or in old sim.

Or even reotaf request can be given

Thanks for the prompt reply Hitesh.

When I went to Reliance world for the number transfer request, they asked me to submit my CDMA SIM card. I found it quite odd, but then on a second thought, I felt that the the old SIM was of no use to me, so I submitted it.

Shall be going to the same Reliance world tomorrow or today evening and shall see how they can help me.

Regards

Am using HCC for activation after completing tutorial & meid regn.

Though on old phone the sms says first step completed successfully, the Moto G does not activate using the same code after *228.

Is there some other procedure to follow for Moto G for HCC activation?

Also peculiarly all the ## menu options are not working. During programming ##3424# would put in DIAG mode. Now it only attempts to dial that number. Obviously fails.

Nor does ##000000# work for MIN/MDN menu. In 'about phone' the PRL is still 5.

But I'm confused why the ## options are not working anymore. Anyone?

^^Hcc didnt work for my moto g as well (works fine on other handsets). *228 didnt work initially as well. Was a problem the way I programmed my moto g. ##3424# etc work fine though.

How is the battery life with mobile data for everyone here??

My battery life with mobile data on is around 2.5 hrs screen ON time (with very heavy use).

While at home, screen ON time with wifi is 5+ hrs (with heavy use). N 6+ hrs screen ON time with light usage.

Ok. Thanks to a Twrp restore the ## menus have started working again.

But still no luck with *228 activation :-( on the Moto G

Sadly I have less than 24 hours to complete the step 2 of HCC.

Does anyone know if HCC PIN can be reused if step 2 on new phone is NOT done in 24 hours?

OK. Hiteshji solved the HCC issue.

Apparently you have to use phone's original SPC when you try to activate using HCC PIN.

I changed mine from 000000 to original PIN and it worked.

• Like 1

The EVDO has been activated from Reliance. However I get only about 0.5 to 0.65 Mbps on Speedtest from multiple locations.

Is this normal or average in Mumbai or am I getting 1x only? Also even when data exchange occurs, I never get the upload/download arrows above the 3G symbol.

Am attaching screenshot of my data enabled & running. Is the Icon supposed to revert to the 1x icon when 3G coverage is not there?

Can other Moto G users please share their experience.

Apart from this all working fine after following Hiteshji's THREE great tutorials. Thanks!

post-67234-0-64791000-1399696475_thumb.j

^^^

U r getting evdo

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

There are no up down arrows in moto g 4.4.2

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Also I noticed the data icons such as 3G & Wifi never turn blue.

That's why I use internet speed meter lite

In status bar it shoes KB/s rate.

Downloaded the app. Much better indicator at real time. Thanks!

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Also I noticed the data icons such as 3G & Wifi never turn blue.

Google has disabled it in kitkat update as it was drawing battery. That's what I read on Google's official blog. Although u can still see the up and down arrow by swiping 2 fingers. Orange for limited connectivity and white for proper connectivity.

I have just ordered mine. Gonna try it with BSNL cdma network.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

Verizon or Boost has blocked hotspot feature. Can we use once we get on reliance network? Also which is the cheapest evdo plan at the moment for say 1gb in Madhya Pradesh? Sorry for noob questions.

Boost hostpost already unlock done, method already posted on RIMweb.

There very few Verizon moto g on forum , so could not work on. Also root is require for doing unlock.

For 1gb 94rs in prepaid.

• Like 2

Phone was working all right with 1mbps+ 3g speeds

by mistake I installed the latest update and lost the service/network

Reloaded PRL

Updated NV dump

wrote values for data in all modes

yet I am getting only 2g speeds..

am I missing anything?

Re write NV dump, and when u get 3g data, better root ur phone and block/freez ota update app thru appropriate app. This will save you from any further update and mess with setting.

Sent from my Evo Design 4G