Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

Unlock works also on ZVA. tested by me. Works flawlessly

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

how you did that. i'm not able to use tata indicom cdma sim in my phone but its works on gsm sim

http://Computer%5CG2%5CInternal%20storage%5CPictures%5CScreenshots%5CScreenshot_2014-06-23-16-03-16.png

For cdma sim to work, you need to make it ruim if available... All the info is already available on how to do it

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

how you did that. i'm not able to use tata indicom cdma sim in my phone but its works on gsm sim

http://Computer%5CG2%5CInternal%20storage%5CPictures%5CScreenshots%5CScreenshot_2014-06-23-16-03-16.png

For cdma sim to work, you need to make it ruim if available... All the info is already available on how to do it

In nv - "ruim if available" mode setting, Can I replace CDMA SIM to GSM SIM and it will work without any setting change?

Do I hv to set to GSM mode in mobile network settings page?

I donot have any GSM SIM for testing now.

Install Telinfo to switch between CDMA(CDMA Auto PRL) & GSM(GSM Auto PRL) -> http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/36736-lg-g2-ls980-sprint-cdmagsm/ ?

Edited by ssr

In nv - "ruim if available" mode setting, Can I replace CDMA SIM to GSM SIM and it will work without any setting change?

Do I hv to set to GSM mode in mobile network settings page?

I donot have any GSM SIM for testing now.

Install Telinfo to switch between CDMA(CDMA Auto PRL) & GSM(GSM Auto PRL) -> http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/36736-lg-g2-ls980-sprint-cdmagsm/ ?

plz upload all in 1 processes to unlock cdma with gsm, make 1 page for all info.

i'm using tata indicom on my g2 by changing mode setting to " ruim only" but on lock screen its don't display " TATA INDICOM"

i'm not able to install Telinfo from play store, its doesn't support my lg g2 ls980, site says.

Hello Vinod Sir,

First of all thanks for the awesome tutorial with pics. I have successfully unlocked the G2 I have for gsm . I however have 2 queries :

1. Is there any way yet to replace the GSM circling data icon on top with Kitkat ? If yes, pl share.

2. The biggest problem with KK update is that with GSM its signal strength etc has gone worse. Can I download a older version modem and flash it on top ? Will that work ? Any other workaround to get better signal and data speeds on KK ?

Thanks in advance !

Dev

Hello Vinod Sir,

First of all thanks for the awesome tutorial with pics. I have successfully unlocked the G2 I have for gsm . I however have 2 queries :

1. Is there any way yet to replace the GSM circling data icon on top with Kitkat ? If yes, pl share.

2. The biggest problem with KK update is that with GSM its signal strength etc has gone worse. Can I download a older version modem and flash it on top ? Will that work ? Any other workaround to get better signal and data speeds on KK ?

Thanks in advance !

Dev

Point 1 if u r rooted then Xposed has a module to change these icons. There is also another way but find this simple

I have got new update of 483 mb. I have updated to 4.4.2 from 4.2.2 according to the abovr procedure. im using cdma nv mode, data, voice working fine. can I go for this new update.

^ no, not advisable for now. Do not do it

Its d zvd update which enables knock code.safe to update.

If you are on TWRP or CWM and updated it will go in bootloop to recovery . Rooting has no issues even if updated

did the unlock but am getting a no service erro

help!!!!!

also am unable to get into recovery

when i hold power and vol- it just reboots

Edited by Elton Dixon

If a permanent GSM unlock on the LS980 is done and if the mode is changed from NV to RUIM, then will CDMA (with EVDO) and GSM (with 3G Data) work one by one? Or some settings have to be changed?

Also, can we do the same for the Verizon version?

It will work one at a time, set the settings to automatic it will automatically detect your gsm sim and start working, Verizon is unlocked, no need for any tweaks.

• Like 1

@ankurcshah

Thanks mate

• Like 1

Successfully Unlocked G2 LS980 on ZVD to GSM with data and Wi-Fi Tethering working. NO BUILD.PROP EDIT REQUIRED.

Tutorial coming up soon.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Thanks vinod. Have been using gsm on zvd with data for last 10 days. Have not checked for wifi tethering.

I have been getting system update which I have not installed yet. I m currently on 4.4.2

If you are rooted update will happen

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Hope I will not have to unlock it again post update. And also pls confirm if data will work after that update.

1. I was on ZVC and unlocked .. I get pop up for ZVD ,.. it says upgraded but after phone reboot .. it is still on ZVC and everything works ... Seems strange .. I think i deleted the bloatware apks and i think thts the issue.

2. After unlocking for GSM, my GPS is very to very very slow in getting lock .. has anybody seen this issue. Before unlock it is working fine.. so i dont think it is hardware issue. Any thoghts on this please.

I am on Stock ZVC. I am going to use ZVC TOT through download mode, I came to know by doing so I will lose SIM unlock but can I use this method to SIM Unlock.

Thanks

Elvis.

1. I was on ZVC and unlocked .. I get pop up for ZVD ,.. it says upgraded but after phone reboot .. it is still on ZVC and everything works ... Seems strange .. I think i deleted the bloatware apks and i think thts the issue.

2. After unlocking for GSM, my GPS is very to very very slow in getting lock .. has anybody seen this issue. Before unlock it is working fine.. so i dont think it is hardware issue. Any thoghts on this please.

You can't updated if your phone is rooted.

I am on Stock ZVC. I am going to use ZVC TOT through download mode, I came to know by doing so I will lose SIM unlock but can I use this method to SIM Unlock.

Thanks

Elvis.

Yes you will lose SIM unlock, but you can unlock a again.
  • Like 1

have rooted it as per given instructions in iroot thread
have pasted property folder inside carrier
but network signals are not coming, is there anything else required?

also how to select network?
any help is highly appreciated.