Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

What do you mean by "THIS UNLOCK WORKS ONLY ON ZV7 & ZV8 BASEBAND" ? How to check if my phone is ZV7 or ZV8 Baseband?

This unlock works on all updates. I'm sorry I have not updated the OP.
  • Like 1

There is no property folder showing under Carrier folder. KitKat installed in my phone, Please tell me what i am doing wrong and where to find property folder?

Glad to see that this works on all updates. Do you have any solution for this problem? I don't know this problem is arising because of hardware issue or software. But i am totally upset that there is no signals showing in my phone. May be attached file can help you to recognized the actual issue. Appreciate your quick responses and briefly tutorials.post-87851-0-97535900-1424809288_thumb.p

There is no property folder showing under Carrier folder. KitKat installed in my phone, Please tell me what i am doing wrong and where to find property folder?

Glad to see that this works on all updates. Do you have any solution for this problem? I don't know this problem is arising because of hardware issue or software. But i am totally upset that there is no signals showing in my phone. May be attached file can help you to recognized the actual issue. Appreciate your quick responses and briefly tutorials.attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-02-25-00-19-301.png

You gotta do the unlock again. Copy the carrier folder on to your phones sd, root the phone, use root explorer to copy and paste the carrier folder in root directory, it SHOULD ask you permission to mount system to read & write, select yes.

Then go to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/database/"telephony.dn" -> Delete this file only. Reboot.

In KK the file system varies, so property folder values are shifted to a diff folder. DON'T worry about that.

Dear vinod ji..

these thread is very excellent. I have successfully unlocked GSM but CDMA is not working on my LG G2 LS980ZV8. Please help me anyone.

I can see the Small "R" written on my network ikon when cdma sim inside. i have even change the mode also like global, gsm, cdma etc but no result.

Please reply me asap.

thank you

i had lg g2 verizon it is working perfecty with gsm but in cdma reliance everything goes well but i am unable to recieve or dial call after the first incoming and outgoing . and ther is no such problem gsm. pls help me

• Like 1

BEFORE UPDATING TO ZVG, MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS UNLOCKED.

Backup all data thats required from the phone to your pc or comp or laptop.

Reverse all changes that has been made to the system folder, like build.prop edits or renaming of apps.

Then unroot the phone via super user app from the phone. SuperSU/Settings/Full Unroot.

After unroot simply reset the phone using settings.

Download ZVG update.zip from XDA.

Place update.zip in your adb folder, Run command prompt from that folder.

Developer option and USB DEBUGGING has to be enabled.

Switch the phone off, Use Power+Vol Down button to enter STOCK recovery,

Select Update phone from ADB. Connect phone wait for the drivers to load.

in command prompt check if the device shows up, adb devices,

once confirmed, run "adb sideload update.zip" and wait for the magic to happen.

total time 10 to 15 minutes. ENJOY.

• Like 1

Yes i have also updated to ZVG as per xda thread no issues in SIM unlock .

My method was TOT to ZVE , root , SIM unlock but dont change apnconf file or delete anything . Just replace carrier folder .

Sideload ZVG and reboot .

Flash TWRP for LP LS980 using Autorec . It also backs up stock recovery .

Delete bloatware of Sprint but don't delete Activation apk as it gives bootloops .

• Like 1

hi Vinod. I had done the unlock procedure successfully on JB. Then there was an automatic upgrade to KK. Today sprint rolled out Lollypop update. After upgrading to Lollypop the device goes back to CDMA. No GSM option is found in carrier settings. What has to be done now?

Vinod sir will this method work for ZVC kitkat

I have rooted the phone but not installed twrp

Hi,

i was using LS980ZV8 i unlocked it before with TC after i received OTA update 5.0.2 and now my GSM signal off and in Network Setting only LTE/CDMA and CDMA option no GSM or other please advice how can use again GSM ?

Hi,

i was using LS980ZV8 i unlocked it before with TC after i received OTA update 5.0.2 and now my GSM signal off and in Network Setting only LTE/CDMA and CDMA option no GSM or other please advice how can use again GSM ?

Your phone is rooted or not?

:previous:

No root now, before I unlocked root on LS900zv8 but after unlock I unroot.before it was working perfect but after update 5.0.2 gsm signal off and in network gsm option also hide only cdma or Lte cdma available

Before when I unlocked that time I root after unlocked I unroot that time working perfect now OTA update recived and I update first update it 4.4.2 that time phone working perfect and once again OTA update recived for 5.0.2 and now in network option GSM option remove and just Cdma and Lte/Cdma available.now my phone not root please advice how can use gsm on lollipop ?

First you need to root so use the method in the link below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-g2/development/root-stock-zvg-t3094596

Then follow the below link to Unlock your mobile

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-g2/development/oneclick-tool-sim-unlock-network-manual-t3114446

Thanks

Elvis.

after flashing stock and unlocking the device knock-ON feature is not working what t do

@elvis root successfully done thanks for it,

to unlock simfree.exe not running on my laptop(window 8) is there any alternative?

will this process unlocks cdma also? can i use reliance cdma after doing this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-g2/development/oneclick-tool-sim-unlock-network-manual-t3114446

Thanks

Elvis.

You are the boss sir!

Was trying for ages to enable wifi hotspot on zvg. This method not only unlocks gsm without a hitch, but also gifts us the much needed wifi hotspot on zvg! Thanks a lot for the solution.

Thanks

Elvis.

You are the boss sir!

Was trying for ages to enable wifi hotspot on zvg. This method not only unlocks gsm without a hitch, but also gifts us the much needed wifi hotspot on zvg! Thanks a lot for the solution.

I'm only getting 2G data on gsm on ZVG.

Yes that's true. No 3g with this. Any other suggestions?

I'm in the US and I can probably get this phone locally as a used one and still 'locked' to Sprint network (I hope I can find one accepted as bring-your-own-device by RingPlus, which is a Sprint MVNO).

But I'm also looking for a phone which would support GSM so that I can stick in a GSM SIM and be on 2 different networks at the same time?

Do you think your instructions may work for me?