sathishq

Finally Reliance CDMA is back with HTC CDMA+GSM Dual SIM Mobile Offer On EMI With Zero Rental Plans

53 posts in this topic

Its a big surprise for me, I have received an email from my Office stating that I will get Free Mobile with Reliance CDMA Plan.
For More details look into the attached picture.
post-64274-0-72209100-1392894539_thumb.j

post-64274-0-72209100-1392894539_thumb.j

1 person likes this

What would be the cost of these phones if we purchase them outright and how much would we be paying in excess to Reliance to get this unlimited offer.Guess could be worthwhile for heavy callers maybe not for all.

18 months emi tenure?

18 months emi tenure?

Ankit its 24 months emi

1 person likes this

Any clue when this will come for Mango people??, 2899 looks yummy enough for htc one ds

Hi Rohit,

I don't know what is mango people! It's for all circles where they don't have gsm 3g license.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Finally the American subsidized module is happening here. its getting easier and practical to acquire and use good devices.

First Apple and now HTC.;):rolleyes:

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

True, its a surprise that Reliance has managed to put a wide smile on the man-goes.. went to their website www.rcom.co.in & also saw Nokia Lumia Gsm phones bundled with monthly plans y5e2evyn.jpg

This is the worst thing that can happen...carrier locked devices, delayed software updates, disabled hardware (FM Radio, Tethering)...you want all that ?

Stick to open market devices....

1 person likes this

from rcom website !

Upgrade to the incredibly smart HTC Desire XC spacer.gif

HTC_Desire.jpg

Check out our offers with the HTC Desire XC: Special Online Price for Reliance Subscribers Special Offer on Online Purchase of Desire XC rupee_img1.gif17,500 Get your New HTC Desire XC on 6 Months EMI with 0% Interest and 0 Processing Fees spacer.gifTerms & Conditions:

• Offer applicable for Reliance CDMA Prepaid Subscribers
  • Recharge of 103 compulsory every month to get the 3GB Data
  • To activate EVDO/high Speeds on new acquisitions Pls contact Reliance Customer
Edited by ::Hitesh::

Well i see it here and when you lookup, you can see the remaining HTC DS phones & the Lumia GSM phones. But i m a bit apprehensive of their processes, how should we go about it.

Gurus , pls throw some light

post-35119-0-38900500-1393144815_thumb.j

Edited by rohitgaur

This is the worst thing that can happen...carrier locked devices, delayed software updates, disabled hardware (FM Radio, Tethering)...you want all that ?

Most phones bought and discussed on this forum are originally USA carrier locked. Without them the whole cdma scene in India would have been boring and stagnant.

Our forum gurus always have hidden tricks up their sleeves for the rest of us mangoe members.

You only need open market devices if you keep shuffling your network regularly or buy new phones only to sell them soon.

Rimweb essentially comprises of rcdma users.

My wife had discussion with reliance marketing people at my office. It's not network locked, only part is that they will block the whole amount from your credit card for two years, every month they will release the amount as per your plan.

^ I understand the role of RimWeb in CDMA scene....

Americans themselves are moving away from the carrier locked, carrier subsidized model.

Carrier locked is always bad because it kills competition - Verzion Sprint AT&T dictate everything to the customers and they are left with lesser and lesser options. Similar to the petroleum scenario here in India.

OpenMarket devices encourage competition as the user can easily move away....if they find better options. This is the reason of vast success of GSM over CDMA.

Coming to the tricks of our forum gurus - these are only useful as long as its legal - if India too makes it illegal to unlock phones like USA, or if the kill switch on smart phones being contemplated on US Congress comes into force - this whole scene would disappear.

What I mean here is - the carrier locked/ carrier subsidized model is ultimately bad for the end user in the long run - just like WalMart - kills competition.

I really hope CDMA thrives well - but unfortunately its fading away :(

1 person likes this

So you would rather have customers pay whatever open market prices handset manufacturers dictate owing to their whimsical and exorbitant marketing cost due to fancy ads endorsed by celebrities. Everyone frequently launching 'flagship'models with unnecessarily hiked prices cos they decide to up the ante by increasing screen resolution or overclocked chips or megapixels. Rarely you see true technological marvel due to pure innovation and research.

Handsets and tablets have almost become a synonym to show off status symbols.

Does we actually need constant successors to our devices and their prices reaching thresholds of 60-70k?

None the less being locked to carrier gives you a chance at not just owning the top grade stuff at subsidised rates but also special tariff plans. In USA you can even upgrade your handset if you fulfill certain contract terms.

It's the peace of mind with affordability and quenched desire to own a good gadget.

Each module has its own merits and cons mate.

2 people like this

^^^

we are getting our phones at approx 50% price,

LG OG in india 30-35 vs our price 15k-17k

8GB Moto G in india 12.5k our price 6k to 7k

HTC one in india 40k+ our price 25k+

s3 india = 28k our price 15k+

List can go on and on and on...... no end to it.

and every device gets updates just like normal open market handsets,

Moto G, htc one , s3 already on kitkat just like normal handsets,

Tethering can be done after rooting, which we do just like installing a any app.

FM depends on model to model,

Most open market phones are with MTK or Other cheap CPU

most of our handsets are on Quallcom

and we enjoy braking their locks !! ;) legal or illegal we dont care ! :boxing::smoke:

5 people like this

@VA

1. At the end of the day, if you see the cost - OMHs work out cheaper to the end customer than the carrier subsidized phones. If the carrier subsidized model is so good then why is the US moving away from it ? Why do US customers hate the big 3 so much ? You are looking at short term benefits - but it will do damage in the long term. Similar to WalMart.

2. We are reaching a technological barrier - applicable to TVs, Desktops as well - innovation here is happening at 2 years cycle here too

Please understand that if the carrier starts to dictate terms we are going to be the losers in the end. FM radio is available on the International models of all phones - but not available in most US phones - why ? So that the carrier can drive up data usage. Tethering goes the same way too. You are confusing importing with the market model here....please understand that I am not saying importing is bad. I am saying the carrier subsidized model coming to India is bad.

@Hitesh

1. Why do you think you are getting these devices at low cost ? The carrier bans those devices - which can no longer be used in the US - hence you get it at low cost. If the same subsidization happens in India - what will you do when the device gets banned from the Indian operator ?

2. Please do not confuse my open market model with open market handsets - both are completely different.

3. All the models you listed above are android - and android is thriving because it believes in open market competition - let me see you "unlock" the Apple devices so easily. I cannot see anybody here breaking Sprint iPhone 5s or 5c. GPL and FOSS is the only reason these android devices are getting unlocked so easily. Android also believes that control should be with no one company ie open market model.

4. Its easy to pirate Hollywood movies in India - nobody cares too much - but when it comes to Bollywood/Regional movies getting pirated - police cases get registered / websites get banned and even some downloaders are going to prison. This is the analogy. If reliance starts caring about its devices unlocked and enforces legal action - you wont be saying "we don't care if it is legal or illegal" so easily. When a business in India feels the pinch - you will feel the pinch too.

5. You have no idea how much you are benefiting from Mediatek ,even though you are not using it - its forcing QuallComm Samsung and Intel to innovate and is driving the prices low. If you want to see what happens otherwise - please have a look at the HDD market - 90% is owned by Seagate - they have killed warranty years and shot up the prices.

6. US Android devices do not get updates as quickly as the International devices - dont tell me about updates from XDA, tell me about updates from the carrier.

Basically by getting a carrier subsidized device - you are giving up a part of your freedom and discouraging competition. Lack of competition is always bad for the end customer because it will kill innovation.

Edited by solarisx21
5 people like this

We have already lost too much freedom in the smartphones department...

Eg:

Your motherboard manufacturer / hdd manufacturer - does not say your warranty is void because you used so and so software. Where as this is a common practice in the phone world...even though hardware has nothing to do with software.

The last thing we need is the carrier saying if you unlock your phone warranty is void.

You install windows on your Desktop if the hardware meets the requirement - not if Dell / Lenovo decide if you should get it or not. In the world of phones - the manufacturer already has a say or if or not you should get the software update. We do not need the carrier also getting involved in the decision.

The carrier and the manufacturer will always try to give you the minimum possible.....so that you buy their next device....

Hope I am making sense....

Please do not take anything I say offensively....If anything has come off as rude...I apologize.

I am grateful to all the knowledge sharing happening here...happy to be a part of the community....just sharing the long term negatives of "vendor lock in"

Edited by solarisx21
5 people like this

We have already lost too much freedom in the smartphones department...

Eg:

Your motherboard manufacturer / hdd manufacturer - does not say your warranty is void because you used so and so software. Where as this is a common practice in the phone world...even though hardware has nothing to do with software.

The last thing we need is the carrier saying if you unlock your phone warranty is void.

You install windows on your Desktop if the hardware meets the requirement - not if Dell / Lenovo decide if you should get it or not. In the world of phones - the manufacturer already has a say or if or not you should get the software update. We do not need the carrier also getting involved in the decision.

The carrier and the manufacturer will always try to give you the minimum possible.....so that you buy their next device....

Hope I am making sense....

Please do not take anything I say offensively....If anything has come off as rude...I apologize.

I am grateful to all the knowledge sharing happening here...happy to be a part of the community....just sharing the long term negatives of "vendor lock in"

I completely support the views expressed by solaris

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

Now this topic is going towards locked and unlocked, or subsidy or without subsidy etc.....

let us take this discussion in another thread

And Yes Few points mention by solaris are correct but not relevant here

Mods - Can you help us her , either clearing existing topic and creating a new topic for this discussion

@solarisx21, The whole debate has started with Reliance offering of Iphone, HTC, Nokia smartphones which you seems to have wrong idea of being locked to carrier (Reliance).

All these Handsets are very much as good as open market handsets and not a single feature of the phone is locked by Reliance.

@gurus @experts @mods

when this offer be available for mango people.

as no info on rcom website

True. These handsets are not network locked.

You can put SIM of any operator in this handset and start using it, no need to unlock anything.

And you can put the reliance SIM in any other handset and continue to avail the unlimited benefits.

@gurus @experts @mods

when this offer be available for mango people.

as no info on rcom website

You can get it from shop.rcom.co.in

I will soon be migrating my bro vodafone connection to RCOM using one of these offers. Not sure about whether it will be CDMA or GSM. I am trying to convince him for CDMA and finalised on HTC 1 DS.

1 person likes this