Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

How to: Change mode from NV to RUIM in any CDMA Phone using DFS free version

^^^

suggestion - Add a LG Diag drivers link to your post.

• Like 5

I don't have words for thanking you.Really amazing.Just For helping one new user (ofcource me) you have made a entire tutorial.it is very very simple.you have helped me a lot at every step without knowing me.very helping nature.thank you very very much vinod sir. :hi2::hi2:

Edited by heyraj
  • Like 1

The reason behind all the tutorial is, lotsa people call me or pm me to help them, this site has given me friends more like my family.

lot of people have helped me here when i needed it. so doing the same.

• Like 9

VN ko lg wale absorb karne wale hai... Lg ko bhi nahi pata hoga usme kya kya hota hai jitna ki VN ko...

Nayak nahi.... Vinod Nayak hu me...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Though I am not using CDMA phones for long time, I would like to thank you for the time you spent for this tutorial. Hats off to you for your non-stop knowledge sharing to our forum.

Great tutorial as usual. So with this method, data is assured to work on RUIM even if NV is flashed before?

Thanks vinod bhai, I want to convert my HTC design from nv to ruim mode, can you pl specify which HTC drivers are needed, how to find spc and put phone on diag mode. Thanks once again for the above very useful tutorial.

Sandeep,

Nagpur

Thanks a lot Sir ji, I was looking for this.

Saved a lot of time and energy.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Thanks vinod bhai, I want to convert my HTC design from nv to ruim mode, can you pl specify which HTC drivers are needed, how to find spc and put phone on diag mode. Thanks once again for the above very useful tutorial.

Sandeep,

Nagpur

HTC EVO DESIGN ?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

If you installed all drivers properly put the phone into diag mode using ##3424# then see under device manager see the port number under com ports,

use cdma ws 2.7 free version or a cracked version run it, connect to the respective port, select security tab. in security tab in look for password tab, enter

the 16 digit password 01F2030F5F678FF9 click send, you should get a popup "your phone is now unlocked", after this in the same tab look for SPC section, click read, that should give you your 6 digit SPC/MSL code.

thanks vinod bhai

I am from that 1% of 1% that did not even know this is possible.. :P

thanks for sharing

keep u the good work!

Stupid question : Is there any similar method to get this for the vintage Nokia 2280 phone?

I am sure not... but wont be surprised if there is a way out!

Great tutorial as usual. So with this method, data is assured to work on RUIM even if NV is flashed before?

If you have flashed NV then RUIM data will not work unless you have a back up of EFS which was taken before flashing NV.

thanks for sharing

keep u the good work!

Stupid question : Is there any similar method to get this for the vintage Nokia 2280 phone?

Never seen that phone. Does it have a RUIM slot? If yes then no harm in trying.

99% of people know how to change mode from NV to RUIM using DFS, This is for the rest 1% who don't know.

post-24516-007472500 1282196127_thumb.jp

Now since i am giving seal more and more are working towards it..... ;-)

very good effort indeed

• Like 2

VN ko lg wale absorb karne wale hai... Lg ko bhi nahi pata hoga usme kya kya hota hai jitna ki VN ko...

Nayak nahi.... Vinod Nayak hu me...

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

ha ha
  • Like 1

If you have flashed NV then RUIM data will not work unless you have a back up of EFS which was taken before flashing NV.

thanks for sharing

keep u the good work!

Never seen that phone. Does it have a RUIM slot? If yes then no harm in trying.
how to backup EFS?

Use FreeGee from Google play. Or your using ioroot22 from the LG G2 LS980 main thread

• Like 2

if this is applicable in a generic manner then we dont have to register meid of most phones with global option.

i guess i can simply buy something from anywhere and use this tutorial to make life easy.

quite sometime back. a certain member had too posted a tutorial for handsets with root access to enable ruim mode.

@VN

bhai you have posted above that if nv is already flashed then this wont work. so just suppose if i buy something of sprint/verizon

even those pieces would be flashed already to their original carrier??? whether new or used. or you mean specifically that it should not

be flashed to custom network like our rcdma.

please clarify this bit here.

There should be a way. if anyone has a backup of stock NV items, or Brand new phone, all you gotta do is take a NV backup using CDMA WS, then use that NV to flash a already flashed phone, RUIM data might just be possible to achieve this way.

for instance droid dna is a lovely phone, powerful and capable global phone.

but cdma is nv only so far, so can your tutorial possibly change it to ruim capable too.

Someone should try it before flashing anything on to it.

Data is not working for me using ruim

Data is not working for me using ruim

Old cut SIM?