Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

How to: Change mode from NV to RUIM in any CDMA Phone using DFS free version

I have sprint htc one m7 updated to android 4.3 version, unlocked for gsm and changed to ruim using dfs tool, but signals are not there for tata cdma omh sim, can any help bit simtool kit folder showing in apps section

A seperate topic is their on our forum. Check it. You need to flash omh radio then it will work.

Hi Vinod Nayak:

Thank a lot for the two guides on how to find the MSL and how to change from NV to RUIM. I was searching for days on how to get my LS990 working in Japan and I am happy to say that I am a happy camper today thanks to you. Please note that I made this post on XDA so that many others in my situation find some joy this holiday season. I hope you don't mind.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/general/unlock-sprint-ls990-cdma-carrier-t2985523

FYI, I only get 3G signal/speeds with KDDI after setting up an LTE APN. Is there a way to get actual LTE speeds with the LS990 with KDDI Japan?

Thanks again for all the help!!

Dan

My outgoing messages have stopped

plz help

I get a code 98 error when sending outgoing messages on galaxy s5 sm g900p sprint with reliance omh.

Plz help

Hi all gurus I have zte n8000 from cricket I want to unlock it plz tell me how to put on diag mode plzzzzzzzzz

just change to RUIM through DFS then it work with SIM card.

Which Series of Reliance cdma sim required for Sprint Note 3 4.4.2 ???

i m unable to use data on my reliance number.

or any other trick to stick A-key via dfs or any alternative to use NV mode??

Thanks in advance

Do not use RGERUC series on note 3 sprint. Try any other variant.

Rge sim card will not work on sprint note3 .it shows invalid sim.

Use any RE series sim on sprint note3.

For data configure properly mobile ip setting in DFS cdma tool.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I think that RG series can be used but only after UICC unlock / Sim Unlock

99.99% Sure as I used in Note 2 sprint after Unlock

I think that RG series can be used but only after UICC unlock / Sim Unlock

99.99% Sure as I used in Note 2 sprint after Unlock

will not work in note3

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2

Hello dear sir i have LGvolt LS740 boost mobile i did every thing as u written with DFS change NV to RUIM ONLY but network isnt come i am using MTS Cdma ruim please help i have spc code

Hello Friends,

I am using Sprint HTC M8 with Reliance CDMA RUIM card,Voice & sms working fine but no Internet service on handset.

I am using RECRUC06 series Original Nano RUIM card & Mobile Android Version is 4.4.3 .

When i try to connect data on my mobile it says "Turning on " & i can see 3G icon at the top of the screen & after few second it show "Disconnected ".

I tried on all the Network Modes ,CDMA Only,LTE/CDMA & Automatic .

I checked this RUIM card on HTC 516C handset ,EVDO data is working perfectly .

Unfortunately I have not got any other Nano RUIM with DATA working to test with my HTC M8.

After retaining the MDN on Nano RUIM i tried to dial *228 on Sprint HTC M8, but after selecting the English option the call disconnected suddenly without completing the full activation process & Mobile restarted automatically & I tried this several times I got the same result & after swicthing Mobile ON I was not able to make outgoing Calls it Said "Contact reliance Customer Care" & I was not able to receive the Incoming also it was saying "Mobile is switched OFF".

I did *228 on Samsung Corby & started using Nano RUIM on my HTC M8 but Only Voice & SMS working,no data.

I appreciate it, if you can help me to resolve this problem.

Thank you.

My Mobile No is 9341100057 .

Thank you for this guide, I am curious if this process is un-doable or if a backup of the phone could restore it to the state it was in before following this process.

Hello Friends,

I am using Sprint HTC M8 with Reliance CDMA RUIM card,Voice & sms working fine but no Internet service on handset.

I am using RECRUC06 series Original Nano RUIM card & Mobile Android Version is 4.4.3 .

When i try to connect data on my mobile it says "Turning on " & i can see 3G icon at the top of the screen & after few second it show "Disconnected ".

I tried on all the Network Modes ,CDMA Only,LTE/CDMA & Automatic .

I checked this RUIM card on HTC 516C handset ,EVDO data is working perfectly .

Unfortunately I have not got any other Nano RUIM with DATA working to test with my HTC M8.

After retaining the MDN on Nano RUIM i tried to dial *228 on Sprint HTC M8, but after selecting the English option the call disconnected suddenly without completing the full activation process & Mobile restarted automatically & I tried this several times I got the same result & after swicthing Mobile ON I was not able to make outgoing Calls it Said "Contact reliance Customer Care" & I was not able to receive the Incoming also it was saying "Mobile is switched OFF".

I did *228 on Samsung Corby & started using Nano RUIM on my HTC M8 but Only Voice & SMS working,no data.

I appreciate it, if you can help me to resolve this problem.

Thank you.

My Mobile No is 9341100057 .

Put the sim on a old phone and activate it using *228, or take the sim to Webworld and ask them to activate it for you.

Thank you for this guide, I am curious if this process is un-doable or if a backup of the phone could restore it to the state it was in before following this process.

Only flashing firmware puts the phone into stock state and in NV mode.

Vinodji, Thanks for the excellent tutorial.I do all the above things with DFS on my LG OPTIMUS F5 AS870 android. Finally the phone get rebooted. Tried with Reliance and MTS cdma mico sim Kerala circle. SIM get detected. But always searching for Service. My area has full coverage for both carrier. Please help me to use this phone.

Vinodji, Thanks for the excellent tutorial.I do all the above things with DFS on my LG OPTIMUS F5 AS870 android. Finally the phone get rebooted. Tried with Reliance and MTS cdma mico sim Kerala circle. SIM get detected. But always searching for Service. My area has full coverage for both carrier. Please help me to use this phone.

If you have root access, then you need to delete a file, go to data/data/com.Android.providers.telephony/database/"telephony.db" -> this file, delete it and reboot. This should reset all network settings present in the phone. Not sure if this will work. Edited by Vinod Nayak

Thanks for the reply. Folder data is empty.

Data folder can't be empty. Maybe you are using a file explorer which does not have root access.

If you have root access, then you need to delete a file, go to data/data/com.Android.providers.telephony/database/"telephony.db" -> this file, delete it and reboot. This should reset all network settings present in the phone. Not sure if this will work.

Tried it nothing happened. it simply show searching network. I have same phone. cannot updated prl also it shows prl version 40000. anything else we can do?

On a ebay.com listing it is described that this phone (LG OPTIMUS F5 AS870) work with 4G LTE micro SIM only. May this will be the reason this phone not catching Indian networks

On a ebay.com listing it is described that this phone (LG OPTIMUS F5 AS870) work with 4G LTE micro SIM only. May this will be the reason this phone not catching Indian networks

Guys plz help me with this phone. ruim get detected but no service and I dont think it reads prl from ruim at all. but in nv mode reliance prl works. please help.

Dear Vinod Nayak,

Will codes ##443336772# & ##3424# work on LG Tribute? I am going to buy one from Bestbuy. Your valuable support needed urgently.

Regrds

MANOJ V J