Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ani_meher

Suggest a non touch phone around 5000

I am looking for a new CDMA phone, and I don't want a touchscreen. Saw the Samsung W279 Dual and Mpower TV S239 on Samsung site. But both are not available anywhere online. Can I get them in shops, or are they out of stock everywhere?

I just want a reliable work horse (but not absolutely cheapest) that will last a few years, mainly for Calls and SMS, with good looks. EVDO if available would be good.

Any button phone in my budget with these requirements? I have been using Samsung Juke for past 3 years and love it.

^^^

you should try my old favorite Blackberry ,

basic 8530 will suite your needs , [its too old model] but it is as per requirement.

Other wise you should look for touch + type like motorola xprt or pro

both are under 5k

• Like 1

Other wise you should look for touch + type like motorola xprt or pro

both are under 5k

+1 for these handsets :)

Thanks for the suggestions Hitesh. I have a Palm pixi in house, and I find that it regularly gets on my nerves! While I don't want touchscreen, the QWERT keyboard is not needed either. Besides, this touch+qwert is an overkill for my use.

Is there a simple reliable phone with 12 numeric buttons and usual menu buttons?! Don't want to venture in Micromax or Samsung Guru series (<2.5k).

Get Kyocera Dura XT from GEB , Its too good Quality , Military grade Rugged Mobile. Battery life is awesome.

how about this old guy from 2009 ? bulky but 2in1

lg-env2-vx9100-verizon.jpg

Or this one

$(KGrHqV,!okFJoBip12gBSf(Hjgk9Q~~60_1.JP

Edited by ::Hitesh::

i think this is perfect match

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Kyocera DuraPlus E4233 Sprint Rugged

The Kyocera Dura series looks great, but it is really an overkill. I work in a normal office with absolutely no need for military grade specs! So the Dura series will be too big for regular use.

Hitesh: The two mobiles you shown would be great if there were only the front parts and not the inner ones! I had a slider keypad mobile in past (HTC made), and can tell from that experience that I don't have use for the inner keyboard and large screen.

I did not expect that search for a simple dumb phone with normal looks would be so tough :surprise: Any simple phones left still?

EDIT: If I were to buy the Kyocera dura from GEB, how to get it unlocked and use it on Reliance?

Edited by ani_meher

Yes buy from any source, only check for model which spc can be obtained.

tapatalking.....

Buy any Phone with SPC Code from GEB ( For Verizon entry level Phones Mostly SPC would be 000000 )

(or)

Buy a Sprint Phone from GEB with Good ESN .

You can buy the SPC from this link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/230990180788

One more suggestion, not exactly you mention but worth looking.....

blackberry-7130e-multi.jpg

My mom has used this blackberry phone, Hitesh. The scroll wheel at the right hand gets alive after some use, and has a mind of its own!

The Kyocera Duraplus is too much of a brick. DuraXT looks great, but I am afraid that if I buy such bulky phones, their ruggedness will be tested on my head by my family! Has anyone used it? Is it too much in an office environment? Does it fit well in pant pocket?

Venkatgiri: Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want to go for china made. I feel they have unknown SAR levels, and have faced issue such as heated handset or headache after prolonged talk on such phones. So ZTE/Classic/Micromax etc are out. Do suggest any other mobile such as Samsung/LG/Kyocera/Motorola/Blackberry etc.

if you are ok with flip phones , here few

samsung smooth

celular-samsung-smooth-SCH-u350%20-%201.

samsung gusto

samsung-gusto-ofc.jpg

samsung convoy

Samsung-Convoy-SCH-U640__03553_zoom.jpg

there are few more .....

• Like 1

some up sliders !

Samsung SPH M330

SamsungSPH-M330.gif

Motorola MotoRokR Z6M

$T2eC16NHJI!FHSU9IfR0BSFikszkyw~~60_1.JP

• Like 1

Hitesh sir, mera wala V3c bhi recommend kar dijiye..

if you are ok with flip phones , here few

samsung smooth

samsung gusto

samsung convoy

there are few more .....

Bhai can you confirm, if these phones are easy to program for rcdma.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

^^^

Yes sir!

All above phones are easy to configure for r-cdma.

tapatalking.....

Why does not OP try MTS Striker C131/132, available unlocked from ebay. Also ZTES183 from Reliance. I think both are same models manufactured by ZTE for MTS and Reliance. What is the OP's location ? If it is Hyderabad, then he can go to Hong-Kong market and meet Gupta g there, he is CDMA expert.

Sorry for not updating the topic for so long. I was really in two minds, as I did not want to spend too much on a phone, and wanted something very simple.

But I noticed that every Tom, **** and Harry required a whatsapp connection! Be it some document urgently required, or photos of a colleague's new born child, or complaining to my carpenter, everyone demanded whatsapp! India Shining!!!

So against my wish, I started looking at smartphones that can use data on reliance. I was almost fixed on Moto XPRT or Admiral, but then Moto G was in sight. Seeing how much it offers for a little more money, I finally bought it today, and it is sailing towards me.

I hope this thread will be useful to others who are as stubborn as previous me, or genuinely require keyboard for physical reasons. Thank you all the posters for keeping this discussion alive :)

• Like 1