Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Best and VFM Wireline Broadband service in Delhi

Hey all

I have been using MTNL broadband since past 6 years, was more or less very happy with it but since last year it has become pretty patchy with far too many issues, and I wish to chnage to a different provider.

Can anyone point me in the right ditection, my needs are

Wireline with wifi modem

30 to 40gb data transfer

As cheap as possible

I have zeroed in on airtel, if its the best option can anyone Point me in the ditection as to how I can get a good deal.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Dr. ,

I have been using Airtel Broadband connection at both Home and office for last 5-6 years and I can say that the service and network is best in class. The experience has very good so far.

However, as far as VFM is concerned, I would like to mention that they are expensive compared to the competition. Airtel have recently increased there rates by min. Rs.100 on all there existing plans since last month atleast in Gujarat Circle, not sure about Delhi.

They also used to offer Good retention plans which were surely VFM but they have also stopped providing the same upfront since last 2-3 months.

I think u will be able to find other better options in Delhi with good services and better rates compared to Airtel.

If in case u decide to opt for Airtel, U can opt for an existing plans which u find suitable for your requirement.After using it for 3-6 months, U can apply for a disconnection request and they will call u up and offer a better plan at good rates. Thats the only option remaining with Airtel to get a good VFM plan.

I decided to opt out of Airtel bcoz the plans got expensive.They were not able to provide me with a retenion plan on contacting customer service. Finally I decided to disconnect and placed a request. After that I received a call from Delhi Airtel office asking me the reason and thats when they offered me a better plan/option.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

• Like 1

I was in same boat as you using 1mbps 999 ul plan, problem with mtnl is each time line gives problem, i needed to sort it myself.

Mtnl support is about landline working only, no line condition or noise etc. The technical guy they send at home is a biggest moron u ll encounter.

Airtel was not an available in my area so got this newly launched mts mblaze ultra wifi dongle with 999 plan of 40GB free, getting 1-1.5mbps in day hrs( 9-6) around 2+ after that.

Best thing is no frequent disconnection that use to happen in mtnl line.

Zte wifi router they gave also got decent range.

Sent from my C2004 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just got an airtel broadband connection.

4mbps, 30gb data, after that 512kbps.

Prettu good service and nice experience.

Got some references and got it at old rates of 1499 plus taxes.

Thanks all

• Like 1

Which are in delhi u are putting up.. try for World phone (if the service is there in your area) they are offering 40GB 4Mbps 699 per month plus tax (wi-fi router free and no installation charge) . best part is in this plan i am getting 2-3 mbps of speed any time of the day. world phoe is also offering 10 days free trail with 5 GB of data free, try it and only if yoy are satisfied they only continue with the service.

Which are in delhi u are putting up.. try for World phone (if the service is there in your area) they are offering 40GB 4Mbps 699 per month plus tax (wi-fi router free and no installation charge) . best part is in this plan i am getting 2-3 mbps of speed any time of the day. world phoe is also offering 10 days free trail with 5 GB of data free, try it and only if yoy are satisfied they only continue with the service.

Thanks dear, looks pretty yummy this offer you are referring to.

But I have alreday got the airtel connection, and almost all the cellular providers have pretty bad signals at my home so I doubt if world phone might have proved any better.

But still I ll look around and see if I can get a trial

Did trai passed any rule for blocking torrents as i am getting very slow speed merely 10kB/s on tikona connection on calling customer care they are telling that torrents are blocked as per trai guidelines.

Plain lie, though india also doesn't have rules that isp shud not block anything.

So cos behave as they like

Sent from my C2004 using Tapatalk

Edited by igloo

Since ISP is shaping traffic for P2P, use VPN.