Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
slightee

Motorola Droid Mini - GSM issues

Anyone using a Droid Mini over here? Got a Droid Mini. It`s running Android 4.4

It does not read my Vodafone Nano SIM. It reads the SIM initially. But, later it shifts to No Service, even though there are full signal bars.

Able to get Data, but no calls or SMS. Anyone had similar problems?

^^^^^

Ditto for me... But my DroidMAXX is working great... I don't know why???

Same problem here with Idea and Vodafone.

Verizon global support says the phone is SIM locked. I have to activate on Verizon network first. Then when they get the IMEI in their system, then they can enable it for global use.

This is some new information...

I thought Motorola and Verizon means fully unlocked for both gsm and cdma..

I have Droid mini using with reliance cdma, all are working except data...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

So, one source tells me that the IMEI has to be cleared by Verizon. The Indian carriers detect the IMEI and disable the service since it has not been cleared by Verizon for international use.

Now, I am not sure how true this is, but it does sound logical.

XDA member Harsha was able to use Droid Mini with Reliance GSM for a few minutes - made and received calls and data worked as well, and then suddenly -> invalid SIM.

How did that happen?

^^^^^

Ditto for me... But my DroidMAXX is working great... I don't know why???

If you have the means to change the IMEI of the non-working phone to be the same as the working phone (and then switch off the working phone), then you may try that.

You might be surprised to see the local carrier allowing you to come on the network. Do you want to try that? :)

I got droid ultra same issue like u slighteee I don't know whats going wrong with verizon and Motorola I'm fully depressed due to this issue...

I got droid ultra same issue like u slighteee I don't know whats going wrong with verizon and Motorola I'm fully depressed due to this issue...

Was the unit Bad ESN? Have you checked it with CDMA SIMs?

Its not bad ESN clean ESN one and works with CDMA only problem with gsm did u find any solutions

I am taking this up with Verizon and Motorola. I have already opened a case with Motorola. They keep saying that there is nothing to unlock and that the IMEI's are not on any negative list, so things should work fine.

I would request all those who are facing issues to send me the IMEI over PM so that I can build a case around this.

So far I know Harsha's phone is not working and KanagaDeepan's phone is also not working.

This happens only in case of brand new device. If you are buying a used phone, then perhaps you will not run into this issue.

But this problem didn't arisied when I got New Droid Ultra never activated.. That worked fine on gsm this is only happening with some handsets only

I put in a cut Reliance OMH SIM into my Droid Maxx.

I tried to dial out to *228 since the SIM is new and not activated.

The phone throws out an error after that: sorry this sim card not recognized registered

The signal is there and it shows both 1x and 3g. It also shows the signal belongs to Reliance.

It does not matter if I change from global to LTE/CDMA mode. I still get the same network and the same message.

Is this something wrong with the SIM (this time the SIM was not cut perfectly)?

The phone throws out an error after that: sorry this sim card not recognized registered

The signal is there and it shows both 1x and 3g. It also shows the signal belongs to Reliance.

It does not matter if I change from global to LTE/CDMA mode. I still get the same network and the same message.

Has it been activated by Reliance?

As long as you get the error that SIM is from an unknown source it's not an issue.

But if you get SIM not recognised kinds then make sure you have the latest gen omh, they are of series recruc 06 series. It being sold directly cut in micro from Reliance.

Go to any decent shop to get it cut into nano.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

As long as you get the error that SIM is from an unknown source it's not an issue.

But if you get SIM not recognised kinds then make sure you have the latest gen omh, they are of series recruc 06 series. It being sold directly cut in micro from Reliance.

Well the *228 does not work from Droid Maxx. The phone throws up the error that I mentioned earlier. So, although I got a call from the store on my other number that the Reliance CDMA number is activated, I could not proceed.

The SIM was from the latest series.

Today I went to the same store and asked them to put the SIM in their handset and tried. *228 did not work from there as well. So, they called someone to fix that. It seems something is stuck in the system and can take upto 48 hours to resolve.

Also, these activation related issues are common it seems.

There was also the point that since this SIM was not properly cut, it could be a SIM issue as well, but I have doubts about that.

So, right now, I have left the SIM with the store and asked them to complete the process on my behalf.

Well the *228 does not work from Droid Maxx. The phone throws up the error that I mentioned earlier. So, although I got a call from the store on my other number that the Reliance CDMA number is activated, I could not proceed.

The SIM was from the latest series.

Today I went to the same store and asked them to put the SIM in their handset and tried. *228 did not work from there as well. So, they called someone to fix that. It seems something is stuck in the system and can take upto 48 hours to resolve.

Also, these activation related issues are common it seems.

There was also the point that since this SIM was not properly cut, it could be a SIM issue as well, but I have doubts about that.

So, right now, I have left the SIM with the store and asked them to complete the process on my behalf.

Another member with a similar problem on his Droid Ultra has confirmed that CDMA is working on this unit. Would be getting a CDMA OMH MicroSIM by this weekend. Will test and update.

Are you referring to Harsha? Or someone else?

Another member with a similar problem on his Droid Ultra has confirmed that CDMA is working on this unit. Would be getting a CDMA OMH MicroSIM by this weekend. Will test and update.

A member on another forum indicated that there was a similar problem with Razr M, which was unlocked by a person in Gaffar Market, in Delhi.

If there is someone in Delhi facing this problem, then I can put you in touch with this member. You can then directly deal with them. Of course, this service will surely cost something.

My device is in Pune, so it does not make sense to send it to Delhi for this, when we are not sure if the method will work for this latest Droid series.

Can those with issues about GSM, please PM me the device details?

I am working with someone in Motorola to resolve this.

Harsha has already provided me the logs from his Droid.

What are the details needed sir?

sent from my rooted DroidMAXX using tapatalk

insert any gsm sim card and then go to settings>>DeveloperOptions>>Enable USB Debugging>>and then Hit Take bug report it will take few minutes to get it done after that send mail to me or sunil if u want mail id i can pm it

Also include

1. your model if normal or employee edition

2. your GSM serivce provider.

3. Whether you are using a cut nano SIM or a proper nano SIM.

4. If data is working or not

5. If you have tried more than one SIM

^^^^

1] Model Number is XT1030 {DroidMINI} NOT AT ALL AN EMPLOYEE edition

2] AirTel

3] Proper Nano SIM

4] Working in 2G only {I really don't know what the fu(k is going on}

5] Yes, 2 SIMs - both Airtel postpaid

I will send you the bug report by today evening. Please PM me your email address...

Thanks...

^^^^

1] Model Number is XT1030 {DroidMINI} NOT AT ALL AN EMPLOYEE edition

2] AirTel

3] Proper Nano SIM

4] Working in 2G only {I really don't know what the fu(k is going on}

5] Yes, 2 SIMs - both Airtel postpaid

I will send you the bug report by today evening. Please PM me your email address...

Thanks...

So, you are able to get GSM working and your issue is that 3G does not work. This problem is quite different from the one that we are currently trying to fix. Don't you have another device where GSM itself does not work, or perhaps data works and voice does not?

That's answer for the fourth question. Data works in 2g only and not 3g. Voice Calls not at all working.

sent from my rooted DroidMAXX using tapatalk

Edited by KanagaDeepan