Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kshah

Are entry level handsets with good CPU and RAM are good performers?

Here is the comparison of unequals between

Samsung NOTE 2 with 1.6 GHZ, Quad core, Exynos, Arm 7 CPU, 2 GB RAM (Free about 800 MB), Android 4.3

Display resolution and size is biggest differentiators for the performance but for general use, I am sure LAVA 406Q will not lag.

NOTE 2, ANTUTU and QUADRANT BENCH MARK SCREENS, price : About 20K

post-842-0-74290500-1398507210_thumb.pngpost-842-0-87719500-1398507214_thumb.pngpost-842-0-21455200-1398507218_thumb.pngpost-842-0-63072200-1398507222_thumb.png

LALA 406Q with 1.2 GHZ Quad Core, Qualcomm, Snapdragon 200 CPU, 1 GB RAM (Free About 300 MB) , Android 4.3

LAVA 406Q, ANTUTU and QUADRANT BENCH MARK SCREENS, price : About 7K

post-842-0-24841200-1398507300_thumb.pngpost-842-0-15167100-1398507303_thumb.pngpost-842-0-45184500-1398507306_thumb.pngpost-842-0-97307500-1398507309_thumb.png

Both handsets are as debloated to max possible extent. Both has SKLAVEX call recorders running as service. In Note 2 has additional app running in addition were Cardio Trainer, Alarm and Bluetooth.

Who is looking for decent productivity related performance (may not be good for demanding gaming) at good price may consider Android phone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 CPU coupled with 1 GB RAM.

• Like 3

^^Sir if you own the lava 406Q, could you please write a review for the phone??

Considering to buy one for a younger cousin. :)

LAVA 406Q is a basic handset with perhaps the best specs (CPU + RAM + Battery) in sub 10k range.

My purpose is to use it as a Dash Cam in my car, Check here http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/36575-help-for-tasker-programming/

Brief observations:

Battery life : With 3G ON, about 70 minutes talk time and 90-100 minutes screen ON and one SIM, more than 30 hours.

Display : Average, visibility in sun light - average, display color : Not so natural, Contrast : Average to poor.

Battery : 1700 mAH, LiPo - as on battery (Specs says LiON)

Audio quality : Music - below average - by ear plugs, POOR : on Speakers, Phone - acceptable on ear phone, Speaker - Poor.

No dedicated speaker for Ring and Audio it is routed through Ear piece only, so speaker quality is very poor.

Vibration alert : Average

NO LED NOTIFICATIONS for any thing.0

No Ambiance light sensor so Auto Brightness is just useless. It sets screen brightness to 50%

Over all Build : Good to average.

Camera : Average to Poor

Camera Flash : Weak

Touch Sensitivity and accuracy : No complaints for screen as well as capacitive buttons

Android : Almost stock JB 4.3 with Qualcomm Battery Guru preinstalled. Other preinstalled softs are whatsapp, Twitter, Office suite, Email for Exchange, GAPPS

Available on board Memory : 1.5 GB, in setting there is option to select default installation location as Internal / external memory

GPS Performance : Excellent, better than my NOTE 2

Software bugs : Has not hanged so far in last 10 days but when I installed SWIFT KEY, input method changes to default after every reboot or some times MAY BE randomly.

RAM : I have not felt that it needs more RAM to do basic jobs or productivity jobs. I gave my son to play subway surfer to check if it stalls but he did not complaint. Office, E mail, Browser works smoothly. Large page rendering takes time probably because of Android stock browser and 300 MB Free RAM. RAM management is good. I have not observed phone becoming sluggish.

• Like 1

Cool. Thanks for the review sir. :)

Software bugs : Has not hanged so far in last 10 days but when I installed SWIFT KEY, input method changes to default after every reboot or some times MAY BE randomly.

Kalpak Sir, this is not the software bug. If you move SWIFTKEY to SD Card after installation than everytime you reboot your handset the keyboard will change to default.

In order to keep SWIFTKEY as your default keyboard even after reboots, you have to keep the SWIFTKEY in Phone's Internal Storage. :)

Well... The new karbonn titanium s1 plus seems to me like the exact same phone as the lava iris 406q. Exact same specs, same button placement, same loudspeaker placement (same as earpiece), same battery n sim placements. Just the outer shell seems to be changed.

Also, it manages to be still cheaper than the lava 406q!! Retailing for just 5.7k !!

Lava's products are somewhat better than Karbonn and also in after sales service Lava is anytime better.

Karbonn now a days is playing the PRICE Game.

Both the companies are equally new to me. And I am really hesitant to buy anything from these. But at that budget, I cant think of even a single handset even close to them in performance. Hence was looking to buy.

Ive heard xolo phones are good quality. Any suggestions?

Dear Rohit Ji Xolo makes good quality mobiles but they are little costlier than Lava.

Heard of bad after sales service from Xolo in the past but now situation could be different. As in the past they used to pick up and deliver the mobile through Courier only, means to say they doesn't opened service centre for the public and all the serivce was provided through courier pick up and delivery which takes more than 20 days to get back your handset. But now I heard they opened Service centres so that buyer could visit directly to the service centre and get the job done.

• Like 1

Well... The new karbonn titanium s1 plus seems to me like the exact same phone as the lava iris 406q. Exact same specs, same button placement, same loudspeaker placement (same as earpiece), same battery n sim placements. Just the outer shell seems to be changed.

Also, it manages to be still cheaper than the lava 406q!! Retailing for just 5.7k !!

You can wait for Moto E which will be launched in india on 13th. Going by the leaked/rumoured specs which seems pretty good for a pricing around Rs 8-9K from brand like Motorola, it can turn out to be a game changer as far as budget android handsets go.

• Like 2

^^ Yes, waiting eargerly. :)

And Ive heard of horrible service centre experiences for all the "indian" brands.

^^ Yes, waiting eargerly. :)

And Ive heard of horrible service centre experiences for all the "indian" brands.

Well unfortunately with Motorola's new line up in India, you will be in the same boat still.

As the Motorola phones sold by flipkart are not being serviced by earlier service centers.

They are separate and without means to actually do things. Most of them act like pick up centers and they forward the phones to central lenovo office which is not yet equipped to handle moto g/x.

It's quite a mess actually.

I had personally gone to the service center and one of the employees told me all this. Later a person in this trade actively also confirmed me this.

So let's hope Indian moto customers are not left hung to dry for long.

sent from my Moto G - Reliance

With all the imported phones we buy, we are used to no warranty I guess. ;)

The point being, moto phones have great quality and quality control both. So they dont tend to mess up easily. While thats not the case with these so called indian brands.

• Like 1

You can wait for Moto E which will be launched in india on 13th. Going by the leaked/rumoured specs which seems pretty good for a pricing around Rs 8-9K from brand like Motorola, it can turn out to be a game changer as far as budget android handsets go.

Everyone is saying Moto E is coming with 4GB internal storage + SD Slot. But NO one has shown concrete proof of SD slot (as 4GB is too little without SD slot) and it seems like guess only.. I am also wishing the phone to come with SD slot.

But since this phone is made by Google, there is a faint chance that it may NEVER come with SD slot like in G and X cases. If thats the case, then Moto E will be the biggest failure for Moto (atleast in India with very very bad BroadBand F(ked)UP wireline plans [means wifi is also not a solution] ) imho...

^^If its without an sd card, its practically useless.

Using moto g with 8gb memory I am having so many problems, limited apps, limited multimedia, needs cleaning every other day. Cant even imagine using a phone with 4gb memory (with usable just about 1.5gb).

Everyone is saying Moto E is coming with 4GB internal storage + SD Slot. But NO one has shown concrete proof of SD slot (as 4GB is too little without SD slot) and it seems like guess only.. I am also wishing the phone to come with SD slot.

But since this phone is made by Google, there is a faint chance that it may NEVER come with SD slot like in G and X cases. If thats the case, then Moto E will be the biggest failure for Moto (atleast in India with very very bad BroadBand F(ked)UP wireline plans [means wifi is also not a solution] ) imho...

Moto E will be available in 3 different variants and in India we will get the one with Dual Sim functionality. The one which has been put on a brazilian website doesn't have Flash and Front Camera. Even it states GPS too is missing in Moto E XT1025. :(

I just hope the processor isnt of the cortex A5 type, else the phone would be seriously slow.

Also, the front of the phone, with that silver thing at the bottom, looks really really cheap.

Ordered a Gionee M2 from ebay.in (for the big battery ofcourse).

If anyones interested will do a quick review of the phone when it arrives (estimated date of delivery : 20th may).

Ordered a Gionee M2 from ebay.in (for the big battery ofcourse).

If anyones interested will do a quick review of the phone when it arrives (estimated date of delivery : 20th may).

please do a quick review and share cost also my friend want to get 1.

^^ I ordered from here :

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Gionee-M2-4GB-Smartphone-White-with-HeadPhone-with-Mic-worth-Rs-1290-/171325178983?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item27e3c6c467&_uhb=1

And I applied a 7.5% off (max 750) coupon, so the final price came to be 10240.

This particular seller is giving a free pair of headphones ( unbranded is my guess). The bundled earphones are no good Ive heard, so it would be nice if the free ones sound good. :)

Anyway, have ordered today only and I am not sure when Ill have it in hand.

it seems price gone up, last month M2 was available for 10k - 10% discount = 9k.

^^ I ordered from here :

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Gionee-M2-4GB-Smartphone-White-with-HeadPhone-with-Mic-worth-Rs-1290-/171325178983?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item27e3c6c467&_uhb=1

And I applied a 7.5% off (max 750) coupon, so the final price came to be 10240.

This particular seller is giving a free pair of headphones ( unbranded is my guess). The bundled earphones are no good Ive heard, so it would be nice if the free ones sound good. :)

Anyway, have ordered today only and I am not sure when Ill have it in hand.

Review the handset once u get it.

Pl specify the in call quality and in call sound quality

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

ANTUTU / Quadrant Benchmark of MOTO E (KitKat 4.4.2)

post-842-0-04896000-1403074652_thumb.png post-842-0-72108400-1403074706_thumb.png