Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Communications Offers 3G (GSM) Roaming Across India; partners with TTSL, Aircel for pan-India 3G service

Economic Times

Voice & Data

28 April 2014

Reliance Communications today announced strategic Inter-Circle roaming partnerships with other leading telecom companies to offer non-stop and best-in-class pan-India 3G services to its GSM customers while roaming. With this alliance, all existing and new 3G customers of Reliance Communications will be able to access high-speed pan-India 3G services while roaming outside the Company's own 3G circles.

"We are delighted to be the first operator to offer 3G national roaming to our customers in partnership with other telecom firms having state-of-the-art 3G networks. These alliances will further consolidate RCOM's position as the leading data operator in the country and will help the Company improve its post-paid and Corporate customer marketshare," Gurdeep Singh, Chief Executive Officer, Consumer Business, Reliance Communications Limited, said.

"We have always delivered innovative products and services to our customers with incredible affordability and, at RCOM, we strongly believe in connecting every Indian and bringing about a discernible change not just in their lifestyles, but in their lives as well," he added.

Reliance Communications offers 3G services in 13 Circles nationally-Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Punjab, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Himachal Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa, Assam, North East, Jammu & Kashmir. With the new 3G roaming partnerships with other leading Indian telecom companies, customers of RCOM can now enjoy affordable and non-stop 3G data services across the country while roaming.

With this agreement, RCom gets access to 5 uncommon service areas - Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and UP East where Aircel has presence. Its agreement with TTSL gives it access to Maharashtra, Gujarat, Haryana and UP west. The partnership gives Aircel and Tata Teleservices access to most expensive service areas of Delhi and Mumbai where RCom has permits

This unique offer will also add immense value to frequent domestic travelers and provide them with ease of use, and seamless 3G data connectivity across the country. For instance, RCOM's 3G customers in Delhi and Mumbai will now also be able to avail of the same quality of 3G data services when roaming in Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Kochi in the southern region of the country; UP-East and UP-West in North India; and Gujarat and Maharashtra in the western part of the country.

• Like 2

would it be free or at addtional roaming cost?

Well, some kind of tariff escalation cannot be ruled out..

Neither can cost absorption as their GSM service has been doing pretty badly in majority of the states.

But will this partnership be only for 3G data roaming? Why not voice also..

They already had intra-circle tie-ups across India since July last year for voice and data with various operators..

How would that co-exist with the new 3G data roam pact, is a Q

Sent from my iPad using tapatalk

But will this partnership be only for 3G data roaming? Why not voice also..

They already had intra-circle tie-ups across India since July last year for voice and data with various operators..

How would that co-exist with the new 3G data roam pact, is a Q

What is the need for voice partnership when they already have 2G license across all circles? It is only 3G license that they did not have in few circles.

:previous:

If we are using data and want to make a call then how we will change network. Or we have to manually select network eachtime we make call and then change it again if we want to use data.

Dear arun

Will this be applicable to customer like us who are in AP and want to take Reliance 3g connection on postpaid and then roam around india

Please clarify. ...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

:previous:

If we are using data and want to make a call then how we will change network. Or we have to manually select network eachtime we make call and then change it again if we want to use data.

Both data and voice will work seamlessly. There is no need to change or select the network as it will switch automatically. Its just like how AirTel, Idea and Vodafone are already sharing network each other in circles where they don't have 3G license.

Dear arun

Will this be applicable to customer like us who are in AP and want to take Reliance 3g connection on postpaid and then roam around india

Please clarify. ...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

It isn't clear yet whether Reliance GSM customers in non 3G circles like AP can subscribe for new 3G connection. Supreme Court had banned AirTel, Vodafone, Idea from signing up new customers for 3G in circles where they don't have license. So I would assume Reliance will also have that limitation.
  • Like 4

TDSAT clears 3G intra-circle roaming pacts, quashes fines on Bharti, Vodafone, Idea

NEW DELHI: The Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) Tuesday cleared the 3G intra-circle roaming agreements signed between Bharti Airtel, Vodafone India and Idea Cellular, saying the pacts didn't violate any license conditions.

TDSAT, in its ruling, also quashed the penalties levied on the three operators by the telecom department (DoT). The DoT had hauled up Bharti Airtel, Vodafone India and Idea Cellular for forging 3G service sharing pacts that allowed them to sign up 3G customers even in service areas, or circles, where they did not have permits. DoT had said that three violated 3G license conditions.

The DoT had earlier slapped penalties of Rs 350 crore on Bharti Airtel, Rs 550 crore on Vodafone and Rs 300 crore on Idea Cellular for providing the 3G facilities outside their licensed telecom zones through the ICR agreements.

Was wondering that if Anil/Tata have got some insiders in TDSAT...

Yesterday they signed 3g roaming pack...and today this judgement...

so should I believe that RCOM/TATA/Aircel will also start offering 3g services in circle where they dont have 3g license

Edited by SUDYEcaZ

Yeah, very likely including new 3G connections in circles where they don't have 3G license.

This new ruling also means all operators will be able to share their network for 4G as well which will help them to compete against Reliance Jio who has pan India license.

• Like 1

In fact Reliance was the one who filed the petition with Supreme court

went to hyderabad for 3 days. Reliance 3G worked without any problem. No additional charge, usage deducted from data balance just like home circle..

Is this pact now implemented ?

Is R-3G available in Pune ?

If yes, I would get a connection in Mumbai to use in Pune. All other players are twice costly than Reliance.

Is this pact now implemented ?

Is R-3G available in Pune ?

If yes, I would get a connection in Mumbai to use in Pune. All other players are twice costly than Reliance.

Dear Setu,

We are sorry to inform you that, our 3G services are currently not available in Pune Circle. But yes we do have 3G sevices in Mumbai Circle. However, we will keep you informed via relevant channels on the 3G launch in your circle.

Regards,

Reliance Communications

Sakshat RCom?

Never expected such a prompt reply. Delighted.

Any approx timeline on activating the pact among tata, aircel and you?

I think he is trolling you... A member since 2010, making a 3rd comment today...

My Reliance GSM 3G prepaid connection on roaming never latches on to Aircel 3G only 2G...
Am i missing something? Do i need to activate something for 3G data roaming in Reliacne GSM...
Coz I can't tolerate 2G and so i have to use Idea prepaid all the time thanks to their great speed in Delhi-NCR and in UP east... But that's costly...