Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
supernova

New Launch HTC Desire 816 g+g c+g

has anyone faced issue with the camera of 816.My cousin brought this two days back, the night shots gets blue lot many times.Apart from that camera works superbly.Alokbhai have u tested or faced this issue, is there any camera settings for this blue images?

will check tonite and let you know..

Today I have got one more update for my HTC 816.

has anyone installed this new update? and what major changes it has??

will check tonite and let you know..

Alokbhai did you checked the camera night vision, did you faced the same issue do share your views.

I installed the update this morning. No visible change observed.

Guys, there is an option to move your messages in your sms box to secure box, which i thought would be like lock the message so we dont delete it.

But when accessing the secure messages it asks for password which i never stored before and defaul ones i have no idea.

Any inputs for this.

Try 0000

I tried. It accepted same password that I have set for screen unlock.

• Like 1

I tried. It accepted same password that I have set for screen unlock.

Thankyou worked.Though i use pattern type screen unlock but had used once the password for it and used the same and it worked.

Thankyou once again.

Hi

I am planning to buy this phone. Please suggest is it worth buy ? I am getting it for Rs 22,200

Are there any problems with this phone ? Wanna use it with Reliance CDMA and Vodafone GSM.

I bought this phone from eBay but I am not receiving the messages but I can send the messages. Any body can help me please.

anyone bought virgin USA HTC 816 ???

is it unlocked for gsm?

or omh cdma?

• Like 1

I have one from USA. It is an unlocked device. mine is not a contract phone.

It doesn't have CDMA, One slot is for WCDMA (NOT CDMA) and another one is for GSM.

Dear friends,

I am facing a weird issue about EVDO in my HTC Desire 816. I got a new postpaid connection. Initially a temporary number was activated on my sim and i was told that after 48 hours my choice number will be activated. With temporary number, everything including EVDO worked fine, but when my choice number was activated yesterday i am unable to get EVDO. HSD to 55444 says EVDO already active on my number.

Surprisingly when I selectt data on 1X only, I get dat in 1x mode, but when I select 1X/EVDO mode, I am unable to get niether 1X nor EVDO. Please suggest possible solutions.

thanks

Try changing sim.

EDIT : also give request via instacare app for evdo activation. If even after successful activation evdo does not work then try new sim.

Edited by ankitdaluka

Thanks ankit ji. After contacting customer care via chat yesterday, all is well now. Evdo working fine

I am facing a strange issue with my new handset HTC 816 (GSM+CDMA).

I bought this phone one month back and it was working fine. After couple of weeks, there was an issue with CDMA sim slot and I got the board replaced from HTC service center. I also had to apply for a new nano sim card as I was using a trimmed out card previously and they said this could create issue for the sim slot again.

After the new sim card activated, EVDO data is not working even though it shows EVDO signals in the signal bar. But 1x data is working. I have been contacting HTC service center and reliance customer care but left without any solution for more than one week. It seems like a problem with my number as EVDO was not working for my number after putting the same sim card on a different CDMA phone. But Reliance people not able to find the issue.

I also found a similar issue reported in the below link and I even contacted that customer

http://www.grahakseva.com/complaints/197338/internet-service-evdo-not-working-on-reliance-cdma-prepaid

But he was telling he could not get a solution for this issue and he opted to port out to a different network. I am getting really concerned about this now. Can someone suggest any fix? Please let me know

^^^^

You can give request for reactivation of evdo on it new nano Sim through reliance instacare app.

sent from my HTC EVO design using tapatalk

You can try chat customer care and tell all the details. I got my evdo active through way only. Tell the executive that mention all the details you said, to the resolution team. Mostly your problem should be resolved.

hi everyone

Recently i bought Htc 816..Now i would like to ROOT it.

is there anyone in Mumbai who will help me to root my phone ?

Hi All,

I need a small Clarification.

I have been using Reliance Evdo on Moto X and recently I bought the HTC Desire 816. Before buying this handset I wanted to Try out the EVDO rev B Speed, so I had borrowed a friends ZTE grand 2 and I got good rev. b speeds on that phone.

So I bought this phone off ebay and tried using my reliance evdo again. But when I checked with phone info, I find that this phone is only connecting through EVDO rev A. So the speeds are not so great.

Now should I give request in reliance insta care or should I replace my sim or should I go for custom firmware ?

Thanks in advance

Dear friends,

I am using HTC desire 816 Dual sim since last 5 months but facing following issues since last 15 days

1. I am getting mostly 1X network and 1X data

2. Whenever I am getting EVDO network, after connecting to data it immediately switches to 1X again.(very few no of time it connects to evdo)

3. I am unable to connect call at any network. Takes too much time to connect.If connects, frequent call drop

4. SMS delivery is delayed(sometime hours)

I have tried following

1. Checked my sim with another HTC desire 816 dual sim, and everything(mentioned above) worked fine.

2. Inserted my friends(evdo activated) nano RCDMA sim into my phone, and same problem occured again.

3. Have already reported the issue to Reliance customer care, and they are looking into the matter.

Please suggest the possible fix.

Thanks

Even factory reset could not help.

Dear friends,

I am using HTC desire 816 Dual sim since last 5 months but facing following issues since last 15 days

1. I am getting mostly 1X network and 1X data

2. Whenever I am getting EVDO network, after connecting to data it immediately switches to 1X again.(very few no of time it connects to evdo)

3. I am unable to connect call at any network. Takes too much time to connect.If connects, frequent call drop

4. SMS delivery is delayed(sometime hours)

I have tried following

1. Checked my sim with another HTC desire 816 dual sim, and everything(mentioned above) worked fine.

2. Inserted my friends(evdo activated) nano RCDMA sim into my phone, and same problem occured again.

3. Have already reported the issue to Reliance customer care, and they are looking into the matter.

Please suggest the possible fix.

Thanks

Since your SIM works fine in another handset and another working sim does not work in your handset, its pretty much obvious that problem is in your phone. I suspect the sim slot could be the culprit where it is not making proper contact with the sim card.

I would advise you to get it checked at a HTC service center.