Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
supernova

New Launch HTC Desire 816 g+g c+g

I am planning to visit HTC service center tomorrow . But I want to tell that in same slot gsm sim data(hsdpa) is working fine. Problem is with cdma sim.

I have been looking for this phone for past 2 months but it seems it is no longer available. HTC is always withdrawing phones just after a run of few months. No option in this price bracket right now

Got my HTC desire 816DS repaired from HTC service center(Kohinoor city, Kurla) after 12 days. As per them, motherboard was found faulty and replaced. Phone was in warranty, so repaired free of charge. Now everything is working fine. Thanks for suggestions from all members.

Saw lot of people with complain in HTC desire 820 model(call/Battery/hang). So people desirous of buying 820, please be careful.

• Like 1

i am also planning to buy Desire 816 Will i buy this from local store or go to specific listing on Ebay as some sellers listing only have g+g and some have C+g ??? if buy from Local store will also support Cdma sim? asked question as mostly seller on Ebay not providing warrenty on Phone

My phone received Android 5.0.2 OTA update yesterday (total size was appx 860MB).

Not many visible changes except introduction of lock screen notifications.

UI now seems a little more fluid.

got the update long back but didn't update.. heard loss of battery backup & incorrect memory reporting post backup..

tap'n frm HTC desire 816d on R-CDMA / R-GSM

me too got update day before yesterday. Found system is smoother and better UI. Its LOLLYPOP

I can see that available RAM has also increased from ~400MB earlier to ~500MB. Means Lollipop is lighter on memory too.

Help needed :Looking for STOCK ROM for HTC Desire 816 G + C ..

Since yesterday the screen went white, can see the background but its all hazzy with too much white screen.I can read and write on sms, wattsapp but pictures not able to see.

Tried resetting, restart but nothing is working.What could be wrong, it was fine till yesterday evening and phone was in my pocket till i reached home and then it went all white screen.

Is it some software issue or screen seems damaged?

Does HTC desire 816 virgin support evdo rev. B

I'm trying to use Reliance Cdma Ruim with htc 816 virgin mobile model. I unlocked bootloader, rooted and made the change for ruim only using dfs. When I start the phone after inserting Reliance ruim, I get the invalid sim/uicc message and I get no service. I'm on 4.4.2, hboot 3.19, radio 1.46.40.0917 and sw 1.50.652.3. I tried to use sim unlock helper but it didn't work. Do I have to install any particular firmware for it to work? If yes, please provide the link. Also, downgrade to that firmware would work without s-off?

If there are other ways to make it work then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to use Reliance Cdma Ruim with htc 816 virgin mobile model. I unlocked bootloader, rooted and made the change for ruim only using dfs. When I start the phone after inserting Reliance ruim, I get the invalid sim/uicc message and I get no service. I'm on 4.4.2, hboot 3.19, radio 1.46.40.0917 and sw 1.50.652.3. I tried to use sim unlock helper but it didn't work. Do I have to install any particular firmware for it to work? If yes, please provide the link. Also, downgrade to that firmware would work without s-off?

If there are other ways to make it work then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

The steps are similar to HTC desire 510. You need to do sim unlock. Follow the below thread.

www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37305-tutorial-how-to-unlock-htc-desire-510-sprintvirginboost/

Thanks rafic. I have another issue. Data doesn't work. I got the pre-cut micro sim cut to nano. Not sure of the series. Do you think sim is the problem or do I have to do some tinkering to do in dfs other than setting ruim only mode? Also anything special to be done for rev. B? Thanks in advance.

The sim is RECRUC05 series one.

Tata cdma ruim data works okay. Seems like Reliance ruim is the culprit? Which series Reliance ruim works with htc desire 816 virgin mobile phone? Please advise.

Is there a way to get the data working without replacing the ruim e.g. supplying the apn info via some method?

Thanks.

Just wanted to share a solution that fixed this problem without getting a new rge series ruim. Used apnbackuprestore app to add Reliance apn. The phone started making data connection instantly.

That xml file for Reliance apn can be found here on rimweb.

i am using this handset HTC 816 dual sim bought from RIM for more than a year , already updated to 5.0 ver , NOW, phone memory full, ( 16gb sd card half empty) synchronisation with Gmail stopped, have to use phone clean software daily, only 200/300 memory cleared daily, unable to root the phone ( no file available). do not want to use "factory reset" now, pl help me to root it and uninstall all dumped useless softwares

I received system update notification on my Desire 816 today.

It is an update to Android 6.0.

I will download it later today.

i received it some 10 days back.. updated but kept in drawer as i have upgraded to LG G3 D859 dual sim as this is dual active, a feature, for which i was craving for, since long..

Sent from my LG-D859 using Tapatalk

I have been using this phone with RCDMA. Now with the 4g upgrade I am still using this phone with the R GSM 4g sim in the first slot. Voice is working fine but unable to use data as the phone does not connect saying"disconnected because service is not available". Can somebody guide with the correct setting for GSM data on this device.,

5 hours ago, thilak.kmb said:

I have been using this phone with RCDMA. Now with the 4g upgrade I am still using this phone with the R GSM 4g sim in the first slot. Voice is working fine but unable to use data as the phone does not connect saying"disconnected because service is not available". Can somebody guide with the correct setting for GSM data on this device.,

Send sms START to 1925 to start the data services.

After that if still it does not work then check your APN settings.

Link for APN settings :

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37815-need-help-with-iphone-5c-hotspot/?do=findComment&comment=330811