Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Guru Gopal

Motorola Electrify 2 Working With OMH SIM

my motorola electrify 2 failed to accept "000000" as spc/msl.. any pointers how to get the spc/msl without using any paid service.

(ps - am not having access to licensed cdma-ws as of now, coz my laptop's hdd went kaput).

Use Motorola RSD General for reading the SPC of Electrify 2
the method is the same as Motorola Photon
CDMA - workshop will not be able to do it

my motorola electrify 2 failed to accept "000000" as spc/msl.. any pointers how to get the spc/msl without using any paid service.

(ps - am not having access to licensed cdma-ws as of now, coz my laptop's hdd went kaput).

Why don't you try the utility to find the actual SPC

http://www.mediafire.com/?i038c12rrdcbtlj

sent from my Moto G - Reliance

• Like 2

Before a phone has been activated for the very first time the code is 000000 for US Cellular. Once the ESN/MEID has been activated, a unique unlock code is generated based on the ESN. As per VA, you may try some unlock app like SPCutility.

Edited by sanju_barc

thanks babaji.. will try and share the outcome by night..

^ ^ ^

It must be in NV_Only Mode, so it will not recognise CDMA SIM & network. Just configure it to RUIM only mode through DFS & it will work. Follow the tutorial on forum on how to put handset in RUIM mode.

Sir wanted help to unlock Electrify 2 for CDMA.

As I am new, please guide step by step

^ ^ ^

It must be in NV_Only Mode, so it will not recognise CDMA SIM & network. Just configure it to RUIM only mode through DFS & it will work. Follow the tutorial on forum on how to put handset in RUIM mode.

Sir wanted help to unlock Electrify 2 for CDMA.

As I am new, please guide step by step

My post which you have quoted says clearly what you need to do. It also says there is a tutorial on forum by Vinodbhai on how to put any handset in RUIM mode (Which is detailed step by step, You atleast need to take the trouble of searching for it). Other points for DIAG mode is in this topic itself.
Otherwise for STEP BY STEP as i am also NEW to construction, i will have to order cement, sand, steel, hire engineer, labour and then construct a staircase for you. :Sorprendido:
photos.demandstudios.com%2Fgetty%2Fartic
  • Like 3

I tried all the things.
I am using xp no drivers to put the mobile on daig mode. Tried by using drivers suggested in forum for moto g.
The phone is not being detected unable to find port to do needful using dfs

Sent from my GT-N7100

It will install the drivers.

• Like 2

For Electrify 2, to go to DIAG mode, Press Vol down+Power key OR Vol up+ Vol down + Power key simultaneously, whichever combination works for you(In my case Vol up+Vol down + power key worked). Once phone power up, navigate to BP TOOLS by using Vol down key. Once you reach there, select it by pressing Vol up key. Phone will boot in DIAG mode. If you have appropriate drivers installed, it will be detected by your PC.

Edited by sanju_barc

Download & Install Motorola Device Manager from here >> https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/87903/p/30,6720,8555

Thanks done.

But data is not working any idea???

Sent from my GT-N7100

Download & Install Motorola Device Manager from here >> https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/87903/p/30,6720,8555

Cant configure manual apn.

How to do

Sent from my GT-N7100

Thanks to rajan mehta and other member of this forun for extending help.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Sir data works on reliance but no luck for tata cdma. Any idea how the same can be activated.

Even can't create apn for cdma on electrify 2

Sent from my GT-N7100

Sir data works on reliance but no luck for tata cdma. Any idea how the same can be activated.

Even can't create apn for cdma on electrify 2

Sent from my GT-N7100

Even I was not able to get data with Tata CDMA and MTS OMH RUIMs.

I had even edited /system/etc/apns-conf.xml but it had no effect on APNs list.

^ ^ ^

Not sure why it would not work with TATA / MTS OMH SIM. AFAIK, no APN should be needed. In Reliance it is working without any APN through OMH SIM. Still if new APN is not created / saved from settings menu, you can try this method,
Warning: Do not mess with any other setting in Programming Menu unless you know what it means. You may make your perfectly working phone a glorified paper weight.
  • Open Phone Dialer
  • type #073887* and tap phone receiver button
  • New window will open asking SPC password, Enter it and tap verify
  • Programming Menu will open
  • Scroll down to 17. APN Controls & tap
  • Tap APN Config Edit
  • Tap On top right 3 dot setting
  • Tap New APN
  • Enter APN Values & save
  • Like 2

<< Lots of posts related to Motorola Electrify 2 posted in "Please Suggest CDMA OMH Android Handset Below Rs. 7,000" topic & members are not finding the info easily in search. So made this fresh relevant topic after splitting posts from there. >>

• Like 3

^ ^ ^

Not sure why it would not work with TATA / MTS OMH SIM. AFAIK, no APN should be needed. In Reliance it is working without any APN through OMH SIM. Still if new APN is not created / saved from settings menu, you can try this method,

Warning: Do not mess with any other setting in Programming Menu unless you know what it means. You may make your perfectly working phone a glorified paper weight.

• Open Phone Dialer
  • type #073887* and tap phone receiver button
  • New window will open asking SPC password, Enter it and tap verify
  • Programming Menu will open
  • Scroll down to 17. APN Controls & tap
  • Tap APN Config Edit
  • Tap On top right 3 dot setting
  • Tap New APN
  • Enter APN Values & save

I tried but apn is not saved

Sent from my GT-N7100

Any solution for data on electrify 2 using tata network.

Gurus help

Sent from my GT-N7100

One of my Motorola Electrify 2 is working only on 1X (some times 3G on and off) while the other one is performing to the fullest on EvDO (3G) both are on OMH RUiM. I have entered the same APN settings on both but the first one doesn't get EvDo on it. I changed the OMH SiM thinking that it was because of Old SiM (though old one was also OMH) but no use it is the same again. Later I realized that the one which is working on EvDO has micro SiM in it ( used along with adapter) and the one which doesn't give EvDo has mini SiM which I bought / changed today.

I insisted WW guy to give me micro SiM as one of my handset on micro sim works fine, he says "even this mini sim is OMH and has no difference other than Size which shouldn't matter"

Experts please suggest. Is there really no difference between mini and micro sim when it comes to technology? Or should I change the mini to micro again as a last resort to make it work?

Data is Related to sim.

In Gujarat Pre cutted micro sim data not works in our imported hadsets like razr m and lg g2

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

One of my Motorola Electrify 2 is working only on 1X (some times 3G on and off) while the other one is performing to the fullest on EvDO (3G) both are on OMH RUiM. I have entered the same APN settings on both but the first one doesn't get EvDo on it. I changed the OMH SiM thinking that it was because of Old SiM (though old one was also OMH) but no use it is the same again. Later I realized that the one which is working on EvDO has micro SiM in it ( used along with adapter) and the one which doesn't give EvDo has mini SiM which I bought / changed today.

I insisted WW guy to give me micro SiM as one of my handset on micro sim works fine, he says "even this mini sim is OMH and has no difference other than Size which shouldn't matter"

Experts please suggest. Is there really no difference between mini and micro sim when it comes to technology? Or should I change the mini to micro again as a last resort to make it work?

My data work work on mini sim omh card on reliance but does not work on tata cdma which is also a omh card.

Sent from my GT-N7100

@mdhussain,

Is EVDO active on No. ?

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk

I bought Motorola Electrify 2 a few days back from ebay. My voice and sms are working but data was not working on my Tata Docomo connection. I called up Docomo customer care and they suggested that i buy a new OMH sim. But even after changing sim there is no data. I am able to see the 3G logo but no data transfer is taking place.

I tried to manually create APN but as soon as I am saving it, it disappears. I tried contacting my seller but he too is not available on phone.

Can anyone help me or guide me to the right topic in this forum where I can get some help?

Edited by rajanmehta
<< Post moved here to correct topic from All in One FAQ Topic >>

I have spent about two days with this electrify 2, trying to achieve data over TI & MTS.

My observations are:

- Electrify 2 doesn't pick up APN/UserID/Password from its system (/system/etc/apns-conf.xml) when in CDMA mode.

This same list is accessed/editable through #073887*.

- Its picking CDMA APNs from RUIM only.

Note: RCDMA APN settings in not there in apns-conf.xml but it still connects with EVDO on RCDMA network.

For some reason, I not able to figure out, its not picking APN config from TI & MTS RUIMs.

- It picks only GSM APNs from apns-conf.xml.

- Whenever an APN is entered manually through system settings in CDMA mode, it disappears.

It actually gets saved in /system/etc/apns-conf.xml but doesn't appear in APNs list.

You can however find that disappeared APN setting in apns-conf.xml.

I have another thought, for CDMA data connection, the dialing code is #777 while for GSM dialing code is *99#.

Is there any way to specify this dialing code in apns-conf.xml?

Dear electrify 2 users,

Lot of questions regarding this beautiful looking handset.

How is the call quality and other features compared to the moto g ?

Does it hang up on games like asphalt 8 etc.? Thanks to the dual core processor.

With meid registration closed for reliance would this handset be a good replacement?

Awaiting info from friends regarding the same.

Regards, dsc