Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Guru Gopal

Motorola Electrify 2 Working With OMH SIM

@mdhussain,

Is EVDO active on No. ?

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk

You have pointed out rightly, I got to know later that after changing SiM request for EvDO activation has to be give again, I did it and issue resolved. Thanks

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk

Can any Electrify 2 user clarify if this handset has the capability of handling Voice + Data simultaneously on CDMA (EvDo) as OMH device?

Dear electrify 2 users,

Lot of questions regarding this beautiful looking handset.

How is the call quality and other features compared to the moto g ?

Does it hang up on games like asphalt 8 etc.? Thanks to the dual core processor.

With meid registration closed for reliance would this handset be a good replacement?

Awaiting info from friends regarding the same.

Regards, dsc

I have been using this handset for more than 20 days now still no issues. I am happy.

Call quality is good, crystal clear voice and I believe Radios are strong (Wi-Fi, bluetooth and cell reception also) and I can't give the comparison feedback with Moto G as I have not used Moto G yet. Regarding games, etc I installed Deer hunter and after playing for some time it got too much heated up and restarted automatically. I believe it is made on light hardware. This handset would naturally be a good replacement (with MEiD registrations being stopped) but you can't keep lots of hopes with it, as the price is so the handset is.

Over all, In my opinion it is a good handset for light use and it is worth the price 8K (in India) or $99 on e-bay as earlier mentioned by somebody.

when it comes to features and ease of use I always compare it with my HTC Droid Inc2 and doesn't find it that much convenient and user friendly though it was running on Ginger Bread i still miss lots features in Electrify 2 at the same time I enjoy some excellent features which work really beyond expectations Viz. "Smart Actions"

Does Electrify 2 accept standard sized mini sim card or micro sim?

^ ^ ^

Standard size.

Thank you. I was going through some Ebay listings for this phone. Is there a connectivity problem with Vodafone network for this handset?

Thank you. I was going through some Ebay listings for this phone. Is there a connectivity problem with Vodafone network for this handset?

Nope not any issues.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

Actually this phone is little buggy when comes to network .

Few phones works perfectly on everything . few works good on gsm but won't work on CDMA.

Few works on 2g , but not able to get 3g.

Read full thread you will get an idea.

Sent by Moto G on Reliance CDMA

• Like 1

Actually this phone is little buggy when comes to network .

Few phones works perfectly on everything . few works good on gsm but won't work on CDMA.

Few works on 2g , but not able to get 3g.

Read full thread you will get an idea.

But one thing all phone works perfectly with rim mobile don't understand the logic

Sent from my GT-N7100

^^

Absolutely.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk 2

I have spent about two days with this electrify 2, trying to achieve data over TI & MTS.

My observations are:

- Electrify 2 doesn't pick up APN/UserID/Password from its system (/system/etc/apns-conf.xml) when in CDMA mode.

This same list is accessed/editable through #073887*.

- Its picking CDMA APNs from RUIM only.

Note: RCDMA APN settings in not there in apns-conf.xml but it still connects with EVDO on RCDMA network.

For some reason, I not able to figure out, its not picking APN config from TI & MTS RUIMs.

- It picks only GSM APNs from apns-conf.xml.

- Whenever an APN is entered manually through system settings in CDMA mode, it disappears.

It actually gets saved in /system/etc/apns-conf.xml but doesn't appear in APNs list.

You can however find that disappeared APN setting in apns-conf.xml.

I have another thought, for CDMA data connection, the dialing code is #777 while for GSM dialing code is *99#.

Is there any way to specify this dialing code in apns-conf.xml?

Is there any way that v can store apn in ruim?????

Sent from my GT-N7100

You cannot modify ruim info

APN is already hard coded in ruim

Can we put this handset on 1x mode only. If yes how???

Sent from my GT-N7100

I have even tried tweaking build-prop for Tata Indicom & MTS; buts its not willing to take data from either :Decepcionado:

I have even tried tweaking build-prop for Tata Indicom & MTS; buts its not willing to take data from either :Decepcionado:

How come it works with rcdma

Sent from my GT-N7100

I tried to explain the Tata Docomo guys that it works on Reliance so it should work on their network as well. They are simply not able to understand. They are only telling me to manually enter the APN. When i say that it is not getting saved they are assuming that "save" button was not pressed properly.

• Like 1

I tried to explain the Tata Docomo guys that it works on Reliance so it should work on their network as well. They are simply not able to understand. They are only telling me to manually enter the APN. When i say that it is not getting saved they are assuming that "save" button was not pressed properly.

Useless talking to those ppl

Sent from my GT-N7100

They are the professional brothers of Reliance CC. Don't expect any help from CC at any point.

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk

Motorola Electrify 2 doesn't let the installed apps to be moved to SD card.

Please suggest any method to move apps or name some tried & tested apps from play store.

Motorola Electrify 2 doesn't let the installed apps to be moved to SD card.

Please suggest any method to move apps or name some tried & tested apps from play store.

connect to adb

give command for set install location

no root required

Google for exact command line

no app needed

then apps will be by default install in external memory

sent from my Moto G - Reliance

Anyone able to get data working on tata indicom cdma??

Sent from my GT-N7100

Got myself an Electrify 2. What mode (CDMA or Global) is better for battery backup? Getting EVDO in both.

...Getting EVDO in both.

Please let me know which RUIM are you using: RCDMA / TI / MTS ?

^^^^

Obviously CDMA mode is better... In global mode, it will search for GSM in place where there is weak cdma coverage.

sent from my rooted Droid MAXX using Tapatalk

battery life is below par when using with bsnl 3g (gsm). i use to charge it at least 3 times a day (3g always ON) with minimal voice & text.