Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
cisco_tech86

Moto G CDMA Working On BSNL CDMA Network

Finally Got it working on BSNL CDMA.

CDMA Prepaid Tariff is confusing as well as staff doesnt know a **** about CDMA tariff. I wanted to get the Voice + DATA ( EVDO) but DE said we can give you only on old 291(8 digit series FWT/WLL) number.

EVDO comes only on RUIM now. So took the 1x only wala number.

I took the reference of my old Sierra 595U config which i am using for EVDO.

Data Tariff is cheap for 1x. 50 Rs - 1GB - 30days.

Screenshot.

post-1917-0-13952300-1401402676_thumb.pn

post-1917-0-07131300-1401402692_thumb.pn

post-1917-0-45383300-1401402712_thumb.pn

Edited by cisco_tech86
  • Like 3

Superb.. if Reliance not allowing MEID, then we can go with BSNL.. thanks for the information..

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

BSNL is an option not a replacement .

Sent by Moto G on Reliance CDMA

• Like 2

Yes definitely not, Reliance has better coverage and best plans. BSNL has moderate coverage with Zero customer support. But internet speeds are good in BSNL May be because of less user base. I used EVDO dongle for some days

^^^^^

Yes, Hitesh ji... Bsnl is having just one EVDO tower in my town. Even in city centre, there is no Evdo signal.

sent from my rooted Droid MAXX using Tapatalk

Speed is to less even in 1x download 16.5kbps and upload 12.7 kbps to low.

Bad network bsnl

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

^^^

That 1x speed is acceptable, even Rcom gives approx same speed most of the time in 1x.

Yes speed is okaish. but throughput is constant. basic whatsapp,bbm,twitter is fine. I am yet to find solution for SMS.

^^^

You won't be having roaming in WLL right ? As its 8 digit number .

Hope you can force them for 10digit mobile number on this , I know few people did same on imported phones.

Confusion is my Sierra Data Card number is also 8 Digit. which is working fine all over India.
this is same 8 digit series. but DE confirmed that wont work out of Gujarat. Only way to test is when i go out of Ahmedabad. i have all over india PRL as well. Will see.

Yes definitely not, Reliance has better coverage and best plans. BSNL has moderate coverage with Zero customer support. But internet speeds are good in BSNL May be because of less user base. I used EVDO dongle for some days

I disagree on only one point here .

BSNL WLL 1x has the best coverage in India . You go in any corner of country you will find 1x signal . You can never be out of communication with BSNL WLL . Whereas EVDO state as we know is bad and of course no customer support

Confusion is my Sierra Data Card number is also 8 Digit. which is working fine all over India.

this is same 8 digit series. but DE confirmed that wont work out of Gujarat. Only way to test is when i go out of Ahmedabad. i have all over india PRL as well. Will see.

Isn't your Sierra number starting with your city STD code ? That will work all India in roaming but this one wont as we discussed

WLL means wireless land line

Mostly given to people where they have issues with physical lines or no service are (which is almost zero now)

So roaming dose not make sense here. Still waiting for results.

Just an update :-

Moto G LTE will be coming to CDMA soon... That too with removable sim card (LTE)

Edited by ::Hitesh::
  • Like 3

Tarang WLL -- The advent of CDMA technology has led to many further additions in the cellular industry. Keeping pace with the latest technology, BSNL's Tarang - Wireless in Local Loop (WLL) system connects subscribers to PSTN using radio frequency signals as a substitute for conventional wires for all or part of the connection between the subscribers and the telephone exchange. Tarang WLL offers a range of value added services such as - voice mail service, call waiting, call hold, call divert, 3-way call conferencing, caller line identification presentation (CLIP), caller line identification restriction (CLIR), STD/ISD locking, internet and data/fax transmission.

http://portal.bsnl.in/bsnl/asp/content%20mgmt/html%20content/knowledgebase/knowledgebase37806.html

this will not have roaming as its like city mobile which was launched earlier or locally called .

But 1x has the best coverage all over India , You cannot be out of service or communication if you have 1x for voice calls

Installed the Carbon custom ROM and now SMS is working. :Sorprendido:

• Like 1

For all those who use BSNL FWT CDMA which has no roaming /City mobile can also use Moto G for it . You will have to give Moto G ESN to BSNL and add BSNL parameters for your city .

I was using Palm Pixi 2 years back with my FWT . I had Huawei ETS 2288 which i shifted to Palm Pixi .

Requires effort and time dealing with BSNL . Not for faint hearted . BSNL will leave you like this :doh:

I have verizon moto g.. can I get bsnl cdma for my mobile.. im from hyderabad.. and please me in detail step by step..

Two ways

First get a new ESN based connection from BSNL . Tell them its ESN based otherwise they will give you a RUIM . They might say its obsolete and connections not being given now so insist you want it .

If he says cant be given , your bad luck or try other BSNL exchange .

Check what will be given in new ESN connection - 10 digit mobile number or 8 digit FWT number . If its 10 digit number EVDO and voice work fine on it with roaming . If he is not giving it ask for new EVDO esn based . Same as above but expensive 300/ something is new connection charges and all voice/data/sms topups work on it also .

After new connection and what you want is sorted out thwn

In new connection form give Moto G esn and they will give you a new number and activate connection on your ESN from BSNL server .

Getting out all the details from them will be PIA . If you can excellent otherwise spend another 40 bucks get another RUIM and read it with DFS in any DATACARD . Or use anybodys working RUIM to get the details . This is lot better than running around in BSNL and requesting for those parameters values

Put your MIN/mobile number wherever its RUIM details , copy paste everything from RUIM . For prl file save the RUIM prl file and write it on Moto G and you have a working BSNL number on Moto G

Second

Buy a new RUIM and change Moto G esn to match of RUIM . Transfer all settings from RUIM to Moto G . YES EACH BSNL RUIM ALSO HAS A ESN NUMBER . You have a working connection .

requires paid software to change ESN . And I suppose changing ESN of a device is illegal .

This can be used with any NV based mobile phone and not Moto G only

If somebody wants pics please tell me , its quite simple if you have been using DFS or QPST

• Like 2

Two ways

First get a new ESN based connection from BSNL . Tell them its ESN based otherwise they will give you a RUIM . They might say its obsolete and connections not being given now so insist you want it .

Check what will be given in new ESN connection - 10 digit mobile number or 8 digit FWT number . If its 10 digit number EVDO and voice work fine on it with roaming . If he is not giving it ask for new EVDO esn based . Same as above but expensive 300/ something is new connection charges and all voice/data/sms topups work on it also .

In new connection form give Moto G esn and they will give you a new number and activate connection on your ESN from BSNL server .

Getting out all the details from them will be PIA . If you can excellent otherwise spend another 40 bucks get another RUIM and read it with DFS in any DATACARD . Or use anybodys working RUIM to get the details . This is lot better than running around in BSNL and requesting for those parameters values

Put your MIN/mobile number wherever its RUIM details , copy paste everything from RUIM . For prl file save the RUIM prl file and write it on Moto G and you have a working BSNL number on Moto G

Second

Buy a new RUIM and change Moto G esn to match of RUIM . Transfer all settings from RUIM to Moto G . YES EACH BSNL RUIM ALSO HAS A ESN NUMBER . You have a working connection .

requires paid software to change ESN . And I suppose changing ESN of a device is illegal .

If somebody wants pics please tell me , its quite simple if you have been using DFS or QPST

thanks for reply.. i will try what you said. do u know anything about tata or mts. which one is easy to get network ...

^^^

Tata will be easy compare to MTS.

Bsnl is also easy if you get right person in bsnl

^^^

Tata will be easy compare to MTS.

Bsnl is also easy if you get right person in bsnl

Thank you... today i will try...

Today I went to BSNL office and I found one right person, he has seen Motog and he said that it would be activated tomorrow morning but the number starts 861216xxxx. 861 is the std code and last four digits as per availablity. I will update after it is activated.

Today I went to BSNL office and I found one right person, he has seen Motog and he said that it would be activated tomorrow morning but the number starts 861216xxxx. 861 is the std code and last four digits as per availablity. I will update after it is activated.

wow.. great... good luck.. i have verizon moto g.. if its working then i will also give u my meid number, please approach him for me.. i will give u money. i have 2 verizon moto g. i stay in hyderabad.. please help.. thanks.

Two ways

Second

Sir could you please post pics here it will be useful

Thanks in advance

Babulu

Two ways

Second

Well the first option works pretty well. The second one i think does not, there is currently no way to change the MEID on Moto G. If there is then it would be good. Anyone tried the second option and was successful then please share.