Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vakharia

Motorola Phones: Reliance CDMA Data Issue On Android 4.4 Kitkat

Hi Friends,

Initially I too faced this problem. Once XT907 / XT926 models were updated KitKat, data services got disabled. Since I was unable to get the micro sim from Reliance, I updated my mobile firmware to CM11 (Custom Rom) and data services resume. And the best part I'm on KitKat 4.4.4 using the custom rom for both the models. To install CM11 one has to unlock bootloader, which will void the warranty as per the company (Motorola) policy. So please do it on your own risk. Tons of links can be found on google search to install custom rom (CM11, SlimKitKat, PC-Rom and many more to list). My personal favorite being CM11, I have installed it on my mobiles.

Regards,

Ram

• Like 1

Hi Friends,

Initially I too faced this problem. Once XT907 / XT926 models were updated KitKat, data services got disabled. Since I was unable to get the micro sim from Reliance, I updated my mobile firmware to CM11 (Custom Rom) and data services resume. And the best part I'm on KitKat 4.4.4 using the custom rom for both the models. To install CM11 one has to unlock bootloader, which will void the warranty as per the company (Motorola) policy. So please do it on your own risk. Tons of links can be found on google search to install custom rom (CM11, SlimKitKat, PC-Rom and many more to list). My personal favorite being CM11, I have installed it on my mobiles.

Regards,

Ram

My dad's Reliance data is also not working and he is unable to find the new series SIM card in Mumbai.

I guess I will install CM11 to solve this.

On 2nd October, I upgraded his phone to 4.4.2 (stock). Last week, he was unable to see the the home wifi network, though he was able to see the neighbour's wifi network.

We tried all known solutions (seems 4.4.2 brings in wifi issues on this phone).

Then he did a factory reset and the problem was still there.

After one day, the wifi started working again.

My dad's XT926 now works with data. He is using 4.4.2 and got a new Reliance CDMA SIM card recently.

1x works fine, though he does not use it much. I have to help him find out what data plan options are available for minimal usage.

Hello friends,

I believe there is no proper solution to the kitkat OS and reliance data issue on the moto X as of yet.

I had posted earlier also regarding the issue of CDMA not working on moto x. Well, it was another (Sprint) moto x I queried earlier about. I have now bought a new moto x which is US cellular (xt1055). I am facing a unique issue. First of all, I changed my sim from normal cut into nano to a proper nano sim provided by reliance (which I faced great difficulty in finding). So, once I changed my sim to nano (not precut micro, its a proper nano sim), my number was activated, sms, calls, 1x data is working. But EVDO is not working. I was using EVDO on my S3 (R530U) earlier without any problem. The 3G signal shows up sometimes, but internet does not work when there is 3G signal. Internet only works on 1x. It is very frustating because whenever the signal turns to 3G the internet stops working, and in this world of Rev B I am having to use 1x :(. I tried looking for solution, but found no cure to this issue. People are either able to use internet (1x and EVDO) on moto x or not at all. But I am not able to use only EVDO. Just for information, I have activated EVDO and have confirmed this with reliance on my multiple visits to the multiple stores that I had wandered to solve my issue.

Kindly help me in finding a solution. If any coustom rom can resolve the issue, plz suggest. Or if I change to TATA cdma, will it work? And which sim in particular should I use in TATA to get it working on EVDO. I bought a new sim of TATA, I cut it into nano, but it is not working in my moto x but working in S3.

Please suggest, as I cannot buy a new phone right now.

Awaiting your reply.

-Sagar

After number is retained on new sim evdo need to be reactivated. You can visit Reliance Webworld to place request for evdo re-activation on new sim.

Hi keshav,

Thanks for your reply, but as I have mentioned in my post, EVDO is activated on my new Sim. I have checked it on my old S3 and it is working on that.

ok. can anybody guide me to the process of unlocking bootloader on moto x xt1055?

^^^^ Can understand your concern.. For noobs like me, Cdma is getting crazier by the day! Multiple US carriers have their own issues like MIN insertion (nv mode), Data limitations, OS update limitations, phone over-heating etc.

So I'm dumping CDMA for Reliance GSM here in Bangalore (ICR tie-up with Aircel) & looking for a good gsm phone like MotoX or OnePlus one.

Gurus,

I hope My Problem will be a caution to others who try something noobish without going through the instructions correctly . Also Hope against hope for some solution.

I had been using a Moto X 1055 ( US Cellular ) on Rcdma and was facing all these network problems.

I kept searching for a solution and Someone somewhere suggested that I can Upgrade my OS to Android 4.4.4 using RSD flasher in fastboot mode

Without Checking properly I donwloaded the FXZ file of Verizon , edited the XML and tried to flash it through Fastboot .

Unfortunately for me the process started and the phone was half written when suddenly the Service provider Mismatch error caused the update to cancel itself.

Now my phone is only going in to Fast boot mode.

I tried to flash US cellular 4.2 through fastboot but it fails in step where it says downgrade is not possible.

I read all over and the only safest method is for me to wait for US Cellular to release 4.4.4 ( which seems like never as now the latest news is they are going straight to 5.0)

Until then my phone is only a softbricked Paper weight, which I charge often in the hope that some day the update comes through and on that date I can flash without having to wait to charge my phone.

Is there any other Solution for my problem ?

I guess you will have to wait till there is some proper solution.

Anyways, I feel that problems related to Moto X are ignored in this forum, partly because its an OS related issue which may not have a solution as of now.

Ok. finally I got EVDO working on my Moto X after 3 months or so..

Below are the steps to follow if you are able to use 1x only and no EVDO.

Many people here may already know, but its for noob's like me. Whenever we change the sim card (may not happen to everyone), we have to reactivate EVDO. When we send message to activate EVDO, or even do it through reliance mobile store, we get a message confirming that EVDO is activated, on enquiring the customer care people will also tell you that EVDO is activated, coz on their system EVDO will show as activated on your number. But you will not be able to use EVDO. I initially thought that its something to do with Kitkat OS of my moto, but I was wrong.

Solution: download Reliance instacare app from playstore. Through the app file a complaint to deactivate and then restart your EVDO services. within 2 days (mine got resolved within 1 day) your EVDO will be activated and you will be able to use it :)

hope this helps somebody.

Dear

Myself sukhjinder singh from Ludhiana Punjab. I have motorola droid mini XT1030. with CDMA connection of Reliance.

import from foreign country. problem is that data not working on my phone as SMS & Calling is working fine.

Even we check the network strength then always show 1X or 3G Signal but can't access the internet on my phone.

Reliance cust/care talking about that is phone issue. many time complaints there but no resolution from Reliance.

i also change the OMH sim two time for the data service but can't succeed. So please tell me to what to do for this issue.

i have the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat version on my phone.

Get RUIM of series 06 and above. Create APN in phone and data should work.

In other news, latest RUIM of TATA is also working with data on Motorola phones with 4.4. No APN needed. :D

ITS for reliance cdma .reliance web world has new series of sim that allows to add apn in any android version to start data working.

i had tried it on following handset :-

* xt912

*xt912 maxx.

*xt926.

*xt926 maxx

* xt907

Dear

i have also check the Tata sim in it that is working data also.

but in my area tata reception not so good. so i prefer the Reliance CDMA network.

any update regarding this.

Dear

Myself sukhjinder singh from Ludhiana Punjab. I have motorola droid mini XT1030. with CDMA connection of Reliance.

import from foreign country. problem is that data not working on my phone as SMS & Calling is working fine.

Even we check the network strength then always show 1X or 3G Signal but can't access the internet on my phone.

Reliance cust/care talking about that is phone issue. many time complaints there but no resolution from Reliance.

i also change the OMH sim two time for the data service but can't succeed. So please tell me to what to do for this issue.

i have the Android 4.4.4 Kitkat version on my phone.

its very important your phone is on firmware 21.11.21 and above. On previous firmwares reliance data had issues. but now it works flawlessly.

so update your phone now.

I have lost evdo connectivity with the latest update.

Signal shows but doesn't connect

Update: it's my mdn issue not handset. As dads omh worked with evdo on my phone and his droid ultra. Where as my omh didn't work even on his phone.

Created request on instacare app and it got resolved

Edited by ::: VA :::

Dear fellow members

I have updated my xt912 to Lollipop. After update the mobile data activation is not visible any where in the settings. Adding APN is visible, but unable to save it. I request the members to help me in solving the issue. Thanks in advance.

Updated my dad's XT926 to Blisspop (Lollipop 5.0.2) over the weekend.

Previously it was completely stock and running 4.4.2.

Took quite some time to get through the full process - but Blisspop is wonderful. I think now Android's animations are as smooth as Apple's. :)

I bought a Motorola luge CDMA from eBay India with KitKat 4.4.2. Seller told me it will work with call and evdo data on reliance. I was using reliance CDMA sim. I cut my old CDMA sim and inserted it in the new Motorola luge. The calls and message was working. But data is not working. I got a new precut micro sim with serial number RCER UC 05 and inserted it. This time the call gets delayed for about 20 seconds before connecting. The data is not working. Kindly guide me to get calls and data working on the reliance network. The Motorola luge handset was imported from USA. Bought in eBay India website. It came with KitKat 4.4.2 preinstalled.

I posted my experience from yesterday (in trying to get data working on Reliance CDMA) here: http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/34211-reliance-evdo-rev-b-multicarrier-reliance-pro-3/?p=320040

Phone: Droid Maxx

I had never used data on this connection - it is almost one year old connection.

The SIM was in my cupboard for almost a year and incoming was still working when I put that into the phone.

There is no issue with the calls (now outgoing is also fine since i recharged in the night).

I also bought a 3 day package for 100 MB (Rs. 16) and also send an SMS for activating EVDO.

This morning, I made a call to the customer care. After a long wait, someone came on call.

The person said I have to visit the gallery and get 'OMH installed'. He was not able to tell me if this is another SIM card or just some settings.

I asked him, but he did not know.

I tried putting the same SIM in our LG Optimus Vu2, which is also supporting LTE/ CDMA bands.

It does not connect to the network at all.

Maybe Reliance does not permit us to change handsets without visiting the gallery?

I posted my experience from yesterday (in trying to get data working on Reliance CDMA) here: http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/34211-reliance-evdo-rev-b-multicarrier-reliance-pro-3/?p=320040

Phone: Droid Maxx

I had never used data on this connection - it is almost one year old connection.

The SIM was in my cupboard for almost a year and incoming was still working when I put that into the phone.

There is no issue with the calls (now outgoing is also fine since i recharged in the night).

I also bought a 3 day package for 100 MB (Rs. 16) and also send an SMS for activating EVDO.

This morning, I made a call to the customer care. After a long wait, someone came on call.

The person said I have to visit the gallery and get 'OMH installed'. He was not able to tell me if this is another SIM card or just some settings.

I asked him, but he did not know.

I tried putting the same SIM in our LG Optimus Vu2, which is also supporting LTE/ CDMA bands.

It does not connect to the network at all.

Maybe Reliance does not permit us to change handsets without visiting the gallery?

You are sourly missing few points here. Omh sims are different from regular sims. Your existing one seems to be dated. Omh ones are easy to recognize with a diamond on it. You should preferably get precut nano sim from reliance then you won't miss it.

Also it's of paramount importance that your phone should have latest firmware instead of just being merry about it being KitKat. As earlier versions had issues but current ones are friendly.

If you go into your phone settings then check system version, the latest one name should start with 24.3.7

After you take care of above two things you will have all services flawlessly.

• Like 1

Thanks for writing. I took a look at the plastic in which the SIM came (I have still preserved it). There is a diamond (half black - half white). So, based on what you have mentioned, it is OMH SIM.

Secondly about the firmware update, there are other threads on the forum where people with 4.4.2 also have got no luck with data on Reliance CDMA.

I am just holding back on upgrade to 4.4.2 - and would probably move directly to 5.1.1 when it comes out.

Hold back if you want to but people who are on 4.4.2 have the only benefit of rooting and unlocking the device. But for reliance CDMA full compatibility you will have to upgrade.

It's your call.

Motorola Droid ultra, mini, maxx do not run data with all OMH sims of reliance. U need either a nano or wholly precut micro RECRUC06 or one particular type of mini RECRUC06.... One more important fact is the handset on which u do *228. On some handsets, the OTA does not happen properly which results in no data.

• Like 1